“Awesome time, Great staff, Beautiful place, Delicious food to die for...”

and 1 more site!
Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I could never imagine how beautiful Jamaica is until we went there. The food was so delicious I never had anything like that before. The staff was fantastic waited on us hand and foot very nice... Catcha Falling star is the best place you could possibly take a vacation at and have a great time you will want to extend your stay I promise you that. My husband Tom and I can't wait to return and this time we will stay longer than 10 days. This is also a beautiful place to get married at and honeymoon at the same time. There is no words that could describe how this place is so amazing go and find out for yourself you will fall in love....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ninatom4ever
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Came to celebrate the 10th anniversary of friends, this hotel was their choice. Quite an excellent choice. This is not a giant mega resort, but an intimate hotel with stunning views, tons of privacy, and a staff that is focused on making your stay wonderful. My group went out one night and got back just as the kitchen had closed.... they kept it open for us. Staff was friendly and attentive; grounds were beautifully kept, security on task night and day. Did I mention the rum punch??

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank dsvogt
Reviewed April 16, 2011

There isn't too much to add to the multiple raving reviews of this place. They are all spot on. My husband and I stayed in March for our anniversary. We were lucky enough to stay in Libra. I truly believe it is the best room on the resort. Since the resort is small and there aren't a bunch of people strolling by like on the beach, the vibe is very comfortable and relaxing. Mauvette was simply amazing. We mentioned we were going to Sweet Spice for our anniversary dinner, and when we got there we found she had reserved a table for us!! We also asked for a bottle of champagne to watch the sunset one night and they went all out. They set up their best table with white linen, flower petals, and candles. We didn't ask for anything special-it just shows how wonderful this place is!! One thing to add that I hadn't seen on previous reviews is that they have a phone for guests to use to make long distance calls for no charge. We found it very convenient to call home to check on our kids. I don't have one negative thing to say about Catcha. We can't wait to go back.

1  Thank MLH91
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The staff at Catcha are first rate. Hotel grounds are clean, and well cared for. Stayed in Little Capricorn. It has high ceilings and the shower has great water pressure. I felt very safe at Catcha. The bar has great drinks. The food in the restaurant is very good as well. I enjoyed watching the parade of boats and catamarans that arrived at Rick's nightly to watch the local cliff divers. Very entertaining right from my seat at Catcha. I have booked a return trip for July. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank seekingthesun62
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We stayed on the beach for the first half our our trip, and then came to the cliffs. I would do it the same again next time. The beach is a great place for people watching and to unwind. Once your relaxed, and on Jamaican time, the cliffs is a great place to end your holiday. We ventured out a few times. We toured a few of the near by hotels, and ate at a few of the restaurants. The food was good everywhere we went, especially LTU (a casual spot with cheap food, that was all amazing)
Cathcha has great views, and great rooms. We loved the little private spots nestled in the rock wall. Very relaxing and romantic. The food was very good, but I have to say that we found ourselves waiting a long time. Now I do know all about Jamaican time, but at times it was a little annoying.
We will be going back to Negril again, and look forward to experiencing all that it has to offer. There are so many beautiful spots, and such great food...so little time :)

Reviewed April 5, 2011

I can"t even describe how awesome Catcha is... The location, the views, the food, the people... everything! If you have read reviews on this place, you've heard wonderful things, and they are all true. My wife and I were there last August and knew it was a place we would definitely visit again. In fact, we rebooked a trip when we got home... Now we are looking forward to a return visit in May, and this time friends are going with, they couldn't resist after seeing photos ans hearing stories. If you want to stay at a laid back resort, without all the tourists, but with all the perks, Catcha is the place to go. And I know I'll be booking another vacay there as soon as I leave... Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Dandy is the best driver. Sag has the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cardoor080
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Outstanding...Herrvorragend...Exceptionnel! In any language, Catcha Falling Star has the big "Wow" factor. Perched on the cliffs of Negril's upper west side, CFS captures the visitor's imagination like no other place on West End Road. Just ask anybody who has stayed there or visited for dinner to watch the celebrated sunsets.
The property is relatively small compared to neighboring Tensing Pen and Citronella (also great places to stay) but the conscientious owners and staff pack of lot of variety and thoughtfulness into the space they have. There are scenic individual accommodations such as the Libra and Sagittarius huts beside the cliff, larger two-bedroom buildings in the Star and Moon, twin facilities like Gemini I and II and large apartment-suites like Aries, Aquarius and Virgo.
My wife and I were offered the Star as we lost our Gemini reservations when our trip was postponed for a month. Believe me, we were NOT crying about it after we arrived there on March 11. A large living room, indoor and outdoor showers and a kitchen was the lap of luxury. Admittedly it was more than we needed but after enduring six months of chemotherapy for breast cancer, my wife was happy for the extra pampering.
The real prize with the Star became the day bed on the wrap-around porch. We would spend our mornings there drinking Blue Mountain coffee and meditating on the lush gardens meticulously maintained by Jackie and Jason and watching for dolphins in the beautiful Caribbean. We caught afternoon naps there to the gentle sounds of the ocean, listened to music from our laptop in the living room or just talked and caught up with each other after a busy and grueling winter in the northeast US.
We love to exercise and owner Susan was kind enough to offer us her dumb bell weights . I enjoy swimming and virtually had the big pool (the Caribbean) to myself. Amazingly the water off the cliffs was calm every day of our trip and swimming and snorkeling were daily events for me throughout the day. CFS also has a small but eye-pleasing salt water pool by cliffs, many secluded areas for sun bathing and three ladder jump-off points into the turquoise-blue Caribbean.
Ivan's Restaurant is undoubtedly a focal point of CFS. The bar is delightfully eclectic with unusual carvings, statues and sophisticated knick-knacks. There is also an open thatched-roofed deck for restaurant seating plus a new well equipped kitchen between the restaurant and the living accommodations.
Ivan's is a great restaurant. The food is imaginative and first-rate albeit pricey compared to other options near CFS like Sharkey's, Ras Rody's and Alice's Restaurant.
But the cuisine is top-notch like the fantastic breakfast burrito, Jamaican breakfast and banana pancakes in the morning or the Lobster curry, crab salad or shrimp dishes in the evening. Service was great from Carol, our server,
and the food impeccably prepared by Raymond and Omar, the day-shift chefs.
The restaurant, however, gets very busy and can be quite noisy in the evenings. Other Negril vacationers make their way to CFS for the sunset and dinner and the morning and afternoon calm are replaced by the hustle and bustle. Nevertheless, the place calms down by 9:30-10 p.m. and sleeping soundly is not a problem.
For us, it was a VERY relaxing vacation. I guess the staff thought we were a bit lazy as we spent most of our time enjoying our great "amenities". We took only one day trip to the beach during our ten-day stay. It was nice for a day but we were glad for the solitude and beauty of CFS when we got back.
Messages by Oya Ozecan are highly recommended. Oya has a background in physical therapy and extensive message experience and was trained in Deustchland. We've had several great experiences with her. I can describe my feeling as a very relaxed and peaceful Gumby.
We can also recommend several restaurants in the area other than Ivan's. Try the Lodge at Tensing Penn, Three Dives, Lighthouse II, Chef Teddy at Blue Cave Castle, Jus Natural, Ciao Jamaica and Royal Kitchen for Ital.
People on Trip Advisor often ask me about transportation to Negril from Mobay and around the area. I can recommend Rocky's Taxi Service in Negril (87-370-7915). Rocky and his associate Michael are kind and safe drivers. Michael found my glasses after they slipped out of my shirt pocket during the hectic moments transferring from Sangster Airport in Mobay to his van and returned them the next day to CFS. That relieved any potential stress from our otherwise stress-free stay in Jamaica. I can also recommend Ricardo Turner of Jackie's Tours (876-461-4942) who provided a great drive to Appleton Estate during our 2010 trip to Negril.

Room Tip: Libra, Star or Moon for the best rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Negril Tree House Resort
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#7 of 81 in Negril

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!