“Fabulous vacation”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Atlanta
“Fabulous vacation”
Reviewed June 1, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Kevin & Lisa's condo was everything and more that I could have imagined. The condo is fully furnished with awesome furniture. The kitchen is awesome n the pits n pans are GREAT!!!! They have very very good things in the condo, from waffle maker to blenders anything you can think of they have. The AC works great great great!!! Kevin and Lisa were always available if I needed a question answered. I had visited the condo before and i after staying there started to kick my own self for waiting so long to stay there. The property is very well kept, the pool area is very nice and they have tables with umbrella. They have everything u will need extra sheets, towels, trash bags there is nothing you will want for. I totally enjoyed my stay!!! can not wait to stay again!!!

Liked best: The bed
Liked least: No grills at the pool
Families with young children
zautumn
Rome, Italy
“Great for a much different Jamaica experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

We have been to Jamaica once before and stayed in one of the smaller boutique hotels on 7 mile. Now that we have a small child, we wanted a bigger space and the ability to cook. We've booked condos all over the world and so we opted for condo for this second trip to Jamaica. Self-catering travel is NEW to Jamaica. This is literally the first condo development on 7 Mile Beach, so its not the easiest self-catering experience we've ever had. Jamaica is set up for all-inclusive vacationers. The condos are new-ish and I think this owner must own two, because the photos show two different decor and the reviews reference two different colored condos. Ours was a first floor. It would have been awesome to have one with the balcony or one that overlooked the water.

Pros:
-PRIVATE. We were literally the only people on the beautiful little bay the entire time. If you have ever been to Jamaica, you know how much you get hassled by vendors on the beach and this had NONE.
-The Bay is amazing. My husband saw octopus, rays, blowfish etc. while snorkeling every day and the water is warm and amazing. Its a fish sanctuary so no boats are allowed. Also, some of the big resorts brought their snorkel tours to this reef. There are no waves at all so our four year old payed there without any problems.
-The pool is great too- much more frequented by condo owners and guests.
-The bed is comfy! There was an extra bed that we used for our daughter.
-The kitchen has everything you need.
-The (plastic) bathtub is HUGE!
-Cable TV and wifi.
-Booking and paying on Trip advisory was very easy.

Cons:
-Sand fleas. I got eaten alive even with deet. The huge resorts fumigate, but not here I assume.
-The place is still under construction.
-We had NO IDEA that there was not a good grocery store in Negril and it would have been helpful to have that info because we couldn't get a lot of fresh food to cook. Stop in Montego Bay FIRST (this would have been helpful to know before hand).
-The "walk" to Bloody Bay is basically breaking into the Rui, past barbed wire. My daughter scratched her arm on it.

Liked best: The private beach
Liked least: The sand fleas
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
schutzj
Fargo, North Dakota
“Three weeks in heaven!”
Reviewed February 13, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

This was our fourth trip to Jamaica, but our first not staying at one of the all inclusive resorts. What it cost for one week at a resort bought us three weeks in Kevin's condo. Nice.....
The condo complex is located roughly 6 miles north of the center of Negril. However, transportation into Negril is very easy to arrange. You just go out to the road and start walking. Within minutes, sometimes seconds, you hear the "beep beep" of a route taxi. Fares are cheap if you haggle with the driver a bit. We routinely could get a ride to town for about $1.50 to $2.00 US per person. If you tire of cooking your own meals, I recommend a trip to town. Our favorite restaurants included Sweet Spice, which is located just east of the roundabout. We also stopped a couple of times at the bakery just to the east of the roundabout. They have great meat patties and rock buns. We often bought them by the dozen to take back to the condo for future meals. They freeze well.
The condo neighborhood is very clean and well maintained. Every day the beach area is cleaned of leaves and sea grass. The infinity pool by the club house is very large with ample seating and tables all around. Security includes a gate guard 24 hours a day. In addition, there is added security at night.
I can't say enough good things about Kevin and Lisa and their rental unit. Whenever I emailed Kevin with a question, he was always back to me within just a few minutes. He is an excellent businessman and wonderful person. I told him that if we lived in the same area that I had no doubt we would be good friends. Great people to work with.
The one bedroom condo that we rented is very nice and located close to the pool. Not all units are as well equipped as his. The kitchen amenities include pretty much everything you will need. In addition, he also provides paper towels and toilet paper, as well as other cleaning supplies.
The small bay that the complex is located on is really nice and intimate. A large crowd there would number maybe about 6 people. The snorkeling right there is very good, too. There is a nice coral reef just a 100 yards or so from shore. The fish aren't very large, but they are plentiful. If you wish to do some extended beach walking, there is a path about 100 yards long through the woods to the south that comes out on the northern edge of Bloody Bay. There you can walk past a long line of resorts. We walked it every day. From start to finish, we were able to walk for about 90 minutes. However, that always included stopping to visit with the locals who set up their wares to sell along the beach.
We have no doubt that when we return to Jamaica that we will again stay with Kevin and Lisa.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The privacy of the complex
Liked least: Sand fleas/flies....bring DEET, then you will be fine.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tanasha T
“COZY”
Reviewed January 28, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and our 2 children stayed for New Years and we had a blast. We toured the island for two weeks and stayed in Negril for 3 days. This condo was very comfortable and suitable for us. The children loved the near by pool and we enjoyed the beautiful view of the beach. Sometimes we had to fight with the children to get out of the bathroom, they had too much fun with the shower jets. I slept the best for the 3 nights on the most comfortable bed. There were more than enough towels for us to use a long with the amazing appliances . The children had access to swimming goggles and the luxury of watching their favorite TV shows. This was our first experience renting a condo and we will defiantly return. Thanks Kevin and Karen for the hospitality.

Joy L
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“An ideal condo to have a relaxing quiet time away from the bustle of town”
Reviewed January 9, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here over Christmas 2015 when we visited Negril for 12 days. Kevin was very helpful and available at all times to answer questions with the booking and while we were staying in his condo. Karen was our liaison in Negril and met us when we arrived and twice when we had problems. She was very easy to reach and showed up when we needed her when we had problems with the rental. Other times in Negril, we had problems with ants on the property and this was insect free. What a nice feeling!
The property is beautiful and the pool is perfect. The chairs at the pool and the beach are very comfy and new. We never had a problem finding a place to sit, as happens at other condos. The condo has everything you need and is vey comfy. There are plenty of towels-even beach towels! The electronics available are state of the art and there is everything you have at home. The bath is spacious and the shower is a dream. The only thing missing was a plug for the sink, so doing dishes sanitarily was difficult.
We have stayed at VRBO rentals all over the world and I have to say that this one one of the best. Thank you Kevin, Lisa and Karen for your hospitality. We will definitely be back!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The newness and cleanliness of the property and the condo!
Liked least: That it was far from restaurants in the cliffs. A $20 US taxi ride.
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nessie127
Calgary, Canada
“Convenient stay in Negril”
Reviewed August 19, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay here for the Dream weekend events. The location is towards the outer edge of town (right next to Riu) which was a preference for us as we prefer to have a secure and clean location away from the hectic streets. The community is gated and there is 24hr security. The condo itself is great, king size bed, spacious, clean and everything we needed available. Spent a few hours at the private beach, it's small but beautiful and the pool is clean and spacious. We come to Jamaica often, I won't have to look around as I know I found a good spot staying here.

Lisa D
New York City, New York
“WONDERFUL!!!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I go to Jamaica about every 3 months and usually stay in Ocho Rios because that is where my family and boyfriend resides. This trip I decided that I wanted to just relax with my boyfriend and decompress. I thank Kevin and Lisa Barnes (owners) so much. The apartment was beautiful. The grounds, pool and beach are beautiful. Karen our contact person was very sweet. They also provided a cell phone that was for our use while staying there. I definitely will go back to this exact apartment. Lisa was very considerate and responded to all my emails and inquiry. She even sent driving directions from Montego Bay airport. I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The coziness of the apartment and the pool
Liked least: We missed the entrance because there wasn't any signs
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing