“Slice of Paradise”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

TDG60
Holland, Michigan
“Slice of Paradise”
Reviewed February 10, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

My husband and I just returned from a ten day stay at Kevin and Lisa's Negril condo. In the days just prior to our trip, we saw two recent, negative reviews posted on TripAdvisor, and wondered what we would encounter. I'm not sure how those negative reviews came about, because, our experience was similar to that of ALL those POSITIVE reviewers. We've booked numerous vacation rentals online in the past, and on occasion, we've been unpleasantly surprised by the representation of the pictures posted and the actual appearance of the property. Not this time at all! Kevin and Lisa's condo is exactly as advertised and the pictures are completely accurate. They were both great to work with and were true to their word.
Our stay was wonderful. The pool is large and refreshing, the grounds meticulously maintained and the sea was amazing. We enjoyed snorkeling almost every day from the property's cove and saw manta rays, sea turtles, eels and an incredible variety of beautiful fish.
The condo is fully stocked with every thing you need to feel completely at home as well as an abundance of quality linens and towels. The washer and dryer were a great bonus that we really appreciated. All the appliances were in great working condition, and the electronic equipment that the Barnes provide makes surfing the internet or watching television a snap.
Karen was available at a moment's notice and was happy to assist us with all the questions we asked. The property's staff are incredibly friendly, including the security staff, gardeners and maintenance workers. The property is well staffed with security and we felt very safe.
The property is tranquil and a few miles from the busyness of Negril, but transportation is easy. Route taxis are in abundance and the ride costs about $2.00 US per person...a great bargain! Be aware that there are no dining or grocery stores within walking distance.
We would highly recommend this property! Thank you Kevin and Lisa for welcoming us with such gracious Jamaican hospitality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet location and beautiful beach.
Liked least: No restaurant or eatery within walking distance
Your age range 50-64
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
victorial...
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed January 10, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

Good Luck with this one. The place is relatively nice, decent. However, I have avoided writing a review with hopes that the owners and I could come to an agreement. However, they have decided to avoid me completely. My friend and I stayed for 3 nights. There were many issues, the biggest of which was the water shutting off on the 2nd and 3rd night where we had to pay someone to bring us water to bathe, etc. As a result of standing up in the tub pouring water for a shower, water spilled on the floor and when exiting the tub, I slipped and stubbed my toe. It turned black, blue and purple. I didn't know I broke it until I returned home and went to the ER. I showed the owners pix of what happened. I asked them to make some adjustments to the cost of the condo given the water going off and my breaking my toe. They have completely ignored me. They were very nice up to the point of my asking for an adjustment. I had to put minutes on a cell phone when the number to the phone was not told to me. I had to figure out a lot of things, i.e., how to lock the door to the bedroom properly, how to open the safe that never opened with a key and I was never given the combination, how to operate the electronics, the shower never had hot water and then no water, couldn't flush the toilet - had to go to a nearby hotel to use their rest room, the lady who let us in didn't have a clue of how to do anything, there was a crib in the living room and I don't have a baby, nor did my roommate, Dr. Bowling, there was no information of dining, places to go and things to do. It was recommended that Dale pick us up from the Montego Bay Airport for $100/US, I declined. When we arrived, we found transportation at the airport that was much less expensive. I have had to contact my attorney about my broken toe since the owners refuse to correspond with me. I have waited this long to put in my review because I wanted to hear from them. No response yet and my toe is still broken and swollen. They seem to be still trying to work out the kinks at this new development, as some of the units are still under construction. However, communication is crucial and the woman assigned to help us with any issues would never answer her phone or text messages. I thought staying at a condo would be nicer than staying in an all inclusive, but it wasn't. It was a terrible experience and I'll never stay there again. At least at a hotel you don't have to worry about water going off and you know what you're getting. Maybe six months to a year from now, it may be an ok pick, but it's your money.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Bart1317
Chicago, Illinois
“Very disappointing, would not stay again”
Reviewed December 28, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

When we got there, we were very disappointed, it wasn't at all as advertised. The community where the unit is located is still under construction, there was dust and heavy machinery everywhere, no piece and quiet.

The unit had no outdoor space unless you want to sit next to where your car is parked.

There was a terrible smell in the unit, we spent the entire stay trying to figure out where it was coming from, but couldn't.

The unit is right next to the busy road, with the bedroom right there, at night you could hear the cars racing by and see the lights from the traffic.

the beach had so much sea grass that it wasn't swimmable, we had to drive to a beach nearby.

It is far away from where everything is happening so you need to have a car or take a taxi to get to restaurants/attractions.

Again, whatever the smell was in that apt, it needed to be washed out of our clothing when we got home.

I didn't bother to complain to the owner because he was difficult to work with from the start. We put down a 50% deposit and planned on paying the other 50% when we arrived, like we typically do with vacation rentals all of the time. He demanded the other 50% prior to the arrival, threatening, that "he wouldn't want us to be left without a place to stay with our 3 month old." We paid it, but soon found out why he demanded this, the rental was not at all as advertised.

This did not feel at all like a beach getaway, just an apartment in Negril.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed September 12, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Exactly as listed ..you truly have to see it to believe it
Liked least: I wouldnt change a thing
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
franceswh...
London
“Rest and relax in style”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

When I first came across the 1 bedroom condo in Bloody Bay, I thought it was too good to be true. Imagine my delight when finding on arrival that it was just what we expected and a whole lot more. The apartment was exceptionally clean and comfortable with a well equipped kitchen and luxurious bathroom. In addition to this there was a wide choice of films available to watch on a hard drive attached to tv and a wide selection music listen to on an MP3 player.
On arrival at Bloody Bay we were welcomed by Dale who showed us around the condo and familiarised us with the amenities. Dale continued to make sure we were comfortable and had all we needed throughout our stay at Bloody Bay.
The Bloody Bay development is very pretty with an assortment of attractive houses and apartments painted in beautiful pastel colours. We very much enjoyed relaxing by the infinity pool or on the private beach without the distraction of local traders.
We look forward to returning to Bloody Bay next time we visit Negril and would highly recommend this apartment and development as a place to relax and enjoy all the pleasures of being in Jamaica.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space and comfort
Liked least: Not having a place to sit outside the apartment to eat
Your age range 50-64
Elaine R
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Late posting my review...but this spot was amazing! The pictures are a true likeness! The condo was clean and well equipped to meet all of our needs! Modern, quiet, private beach as well as an infinite pool! Perfect! Dale was awesome too!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The condo was exactly as advertised.
Liked least: There wasn't anything to NOT like!
Reviewed July 5, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing