2,800 results
All reviewsswim up roompremium sectionadults only sectionnesta loungemile barackee restaurantsensatori hoteldi romagnagourmet cornerthomson repspalms restaurantbali bedsamber bargala dinnermobay loungecoffee barseven mile
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Booked this holiday back in January going with my brother so a 2 bedroom suite was booked, had to amend the dates and when we arrived at the hotel Thomson had not amended my booking correctly and we ended up with a one bedroom which was not what I had paid for. A bed on wheels was put in the lounge area which my brother slept on and we had to share a bathroom which was tiny. This was not what I had booked, hotel was full so nothing we could do. People who were staying in the new part of the hotel constantly came to the older part as there was no pool they could use unless you were in a swim up. Therefore having to get up at 6am to get a sunbed is not something you want to do when you are on holiday. Sellers on the beach were a nightmare consistently hassling you and we had $10 dollars snatched from our hand although security did resolve this however we then received a load of verbal and discrimination abuse from the seller each time he passed us. Food was good and staff on the whole were friendly however you certainly got a better service if you tipped (which we did) although some staff thought it was there right to have money. The Spa was amazing and Cherly and Verna are highly recommended. Mixed review I know but the truth. We have complained to Thomson regarding the room which has been logged as an official complaint the rep onsite was not helpful even said I dont even have you booked in which again is very disappointing.

Room Tip: Check your documents to ensure you get the room you have booked
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank LisaPelsall
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear LisaPelsall

thank you for the time taken sharing your feedback with us at Trip Advisor.

Our staff is committed to high standards and provides personal service in order to ensure continued customer satisfaction and I want to furthermore thank you for the positive feedback about the spa, food offered and service received by the staff

However, reading through your report I want to apologize for the disappointment with the room assignment; we have addressed this to our operations Team and corresponding departments in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service team at customercare@karismadominicana.com so that all mentioned can be reviewed with you directly.

Kindest regards,

Jesús Cardoso González
gm@azulsensatorihoteljamaica.com
Azul Beach Resorts Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel with friendly staff and great food I would recommend to anyone. My absolute favourite jack Daniels and coke. 6 different restaurants 8 different bars. Massage on the beach. Candle light dinner. Live bands every night and the beach write outside our room

2  Thank tonygwing
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear tonygwing,

We thank you so much for taking the time to document your vacation experience with us. We were delighted to host you and to deliver our warmest Jamaican hospitality here at Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica.

We are very pleased to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that your vacation was nothing but spectacular. We certainly could not accomplish this without our hard working and exceptional team members. We are happy that our amenities and Gourmet Inclusive offerings met your vacation dining needs.

We want to thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica as your preferred vacation destination.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Fabulous Hotel Staff wonderful nothing to much and all professional and pleasant. Hotel facilities and food 5 ***** rooms cleaned to high standard daily. Entertainment very good. All drinks & cocktails lovely and not local spirits the good stuff.Spa & massage brill. Beach beautiful. I would recommend this hotel as 5 *plus we had a fantastic superb holiday.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank sharon c

Dear sharon c,

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are regular visitors to the Caribbean and we we were looking forward to visiting Jamaica for the first time. We spent a long time as always researching this hotel and whilst there were some complaints most reviews were positive.

I have to agree with some of the positives. The Italian and Asian restaurants are delicious. The cocktails are lovely and well made and there are plenty of choice.

Now onto the negatives. Given what we paid for this hotel which is probably the most we have ever paid we had high standards. When we arrived our room was nice however the mini bar hadn’t been stocked and there was a half drank glass of wine in there. Also some of the benches hadn’t been wiped down. We decided to have room service given we were tired and were disappointed by the lack of choice on the menu.

We woke up early the first day (7am) and by this time almost all of the beds round the pool were gone?! We decided just to stay round our swim up room despite it being shaded. The beach was almost full too.

Our mini bar eventually got stocked and were disappointed regarding the lack of choice. No alcohol other than cans of red stripe beer. For the price we paid I would expect some miniature bottles of spirits like what we’ve experienced at other 5* resorts. Luckily we were near the bar so wasn’t too much of a problem.

The staff were hit and miss in terms of being friendly and not all bars did bottles of water - what’s that about?! The main palms restaurant had little choice and was hot and stuffy hence why when we couldn’t get a table at the Asian or Italian we stayed in bed and had room service! The Garfield restaurant hardly had any choice so only went once and didn’t want to go back.

To improve this hotel we need a better mini bar, more beds around the pool and beach, waiter service on the beach, better restaurants and more choice of food and water at all bars. Sadly I’m sure there will be better hotels with the wow factor out there for the same cost.

3  Thank Jonathon A
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Jonathon A,

Thank you for your review, detailing your experiences from your stay with us, firstly please accepts our apologies for the areas that we fell short of expectations. We never like to hear that any guest has been disappointed with their experience and we have noted the aspects of your stay that you felt impacted your experience, making your stay less than perfect.

Please do not hesitate to contact the customer service department at customercare@karismamexico.com, therefore, your comments could be personally attended.

Kind Regards,

Renaud Pfeifer
gm@azulfiveshotel.com
Azul Beach Resort The Fives by Karisma

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Recently returned from our 11 night holiday at Sensortori with my boyfriend.

What can I say? We had the most amazing time here and I have major holiday blues!

The resort is lovely, our room was so nice and we had a lovely view of the pool and beach. Yes, the wardrobe is in the bathroom (which is an odd design fault) but I had no issues with this whatsoever! My clothes were perfectly fine and didn’t have any dampness or musky smell to them, not sure why some people are hellbent over this?!

I was a little sceptical regarding the food since some reviews said the food wasn’t great but I found the food to be of a very high standard. We loved Ackee and the Italian restaurants the most! You must attend the beach party also!!!! You’re spoilt for choice with the food and the taste and quality is very good!! Typical Jamaican cuisine so I was very happy!!

The entertainment is very good, couldn’t fault it at all.

The beach is beautiful! We walked the entire stretch and found our section to be the best. Sandals are further down and I really wasn’t impressed at all! Our section was just so clean and beautiful. The water is so clear you don’t need goggles to see right to the bottom!

We treated ourselves to a pamper session at the gym and boy was it worth it!! I’ve been to many spars and had many treatments and this was by far the best experience! I recommend you take full advantage of the spa facilities before your treatment, you won’t regret it!! It’s like a 40 minute pamper session before your actual treatment, pure bliss!

The staff are all so polite, friendly and hospitable. Always smiling and asking how you are and they’re just so happy and smiley. A few really stood out for us, Ian the life guard was such a nice guy and so friendly to us! He really did make us feel welcome and made us laugh a lot!
Maldena from the spa was so sweet, caring and friendly! She always made the time to come and talk to us and make sure we are ok.
Annmarie from the beach bar was a true star! I miss her beaming smile and our little chats so much. She was so tentative, always walking along the beach checking if anyone wanted a drink and always with such a big smile on her face! One time I got up to get a drink and we crossed paths and she told me to go back and relax and she will get my drink, that I’m on holiday and I don’t need to lift a finger.

The resort is so clean, the pools are lovely and the views are so beautiful.

The only negative I have is that the guests wake up early to put their towels down on the cabanas and loungers to claim them. Our first day we went to the beach and had no where to sun bathe and most that were claimed were not even occupied yet as they hadn’t come down from their rooms yet!! Some even claim loungers even if they’re out all day on an excursion!!! The hotel management should put a stop to this as I don’t think it’s great to have to set your alarm at 5:45am to ensure you get a sun lounger!! Other than that, I had the most perfect holiday and will definitely return.

3  Thank missjlp83