“Great trip”

Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing
Ranked #18 of 59 things to do in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Off shore fishing. 1/2, 3/4 And Full day Charters. 1/2 Day charter sharing available. Scuba Diving including PADI certification. Sunset Cruises. Snorkeling and Glass bottom boat trips.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 11, 2005

I booked a 6 hour fishing trip over the 2005 thanksgiving holiday. I booked the trip a week in advance by contacting them through email on their website. I mailed a $200 deposit check to their bank in the U.S. and paid the rest of it on the day of the trip. Stanley and his first mate were very nice, professional, and knowlegable. We spent the first 3-4 hours about 10 miles of the coast fishing for marlin and didn't get a bite. We then fished 1 mile of the coast at the dropoff for the rest of the trip and caught 9 tuna (3-7 lbs) and 1 skipjack. They provided drinks including red stripe. I would definitely use them again, money well spent. We spoke with the head chef at our hotel (RIU Tropical Bay) beforehand and he said they would cook what we caught. We ended up not keeping the fish because we had reservations that night, but it is an excellent idea. If you are going on a 4 or 6 hour trip, I would recommend bringing some snack food with you. If you eat breakfast you might loose it later on. Take the less drowsy dramamine even if you don't usually get sick, better safe then sorry. Don't forget to put sunscreen on your feet because you can't wear shoes on the boat. The boat is a 32 foot boat in good condition. We were trolling with 8 lines out at all times. I heard there are 2 other fishing companies, but Stanleys is highly recommended, plus you can visit their website with pictures, prices, contacts, and reviews.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 19, 2004

We, six of us went fishing with Stanley's crew December 8th, 2004. Although this was not the day the fish were jumping in the boat we caught a few and had a very nice time. Five of us are seasoned fishermen and know that there are good days and bad days regarding the number of fish one may catch. We did have a wonderful time. The boat is 1st class, clean, comfortable and the crew was very accomodating, polite, and knowledgeable. I made the reservations directly on the internet and Stanley's wife, Elizabeth, did a great job of communicating with me and setting up reservations. Yes, indeed, I will use Stanley again - great guy, great boat, great crew.

Tim Quigley

22  Thank quig16
Manchester, England, UK
Reviewed November 17, 2004

I was shocked to read the negative email concerning a recent trip with Stanley , I’m from England and I do sea fishing all year round . I use six regular skippers and I have to say non of them come close to matching the standard Stanley has on his boat . I recently used Stanley for our second trip in as many years , we went out on the 8th November 2004 , myself and my three sons were treated with the up most respect by Stanley and his crew Jack -Courtney , we did a full day charter and caught a wide range of fish , which included “Mahi-Mahi , “Skipjack Tuna” and “Bonito Tuna” ,although my boys were sea sick which is normally associated with sea travel , they still had a great time , Stanley provided them with sea sickness pills and it worked.

I would not hesitate in using Stanley again and on our return will be using him again , as for recommending Stanley , I would not hesitate in recommend him to anyone , if you want value and professionalism you just cant go wrong . I consider Stanley a friend and a great skipper , here’s from the othman family in England Stanley keep up the good work and cheers for the great day , and all the fish .

Dean Othman.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sag Harbor, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2004

I am a charter boat captain on Long Island, New York and have been vacationing to Negril, Jamaica for over twenty years. Many of those trips have included deep sea fishing with Stanley Carvalho and his brothers. I have always had a great experience from the fishing to the company. I believe Stanley has always tried to give his clients the best experience possible. I will continue to hire Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing for many years to come and hope that others looking for a great day of fishing will too.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Derby, UK
Reviewed October 1, 2004

It had been a long time dream for me to be able to go with my father to do some deep sea fishing. Fortunately we were able achieve this in Jamaica. My father is the keen fisherman and spends most of his time chasing salmon in the rivers in England and Scotland or sea fishing in the cold North Sea.

We arranged with Stanley to go fishing as part of a group, a newly wed couple and some others. Everything went perfectly. We started off chasing the birds who were chasing the flying fish who in turn we being chased by Tuna. It was great sport, the weather was beautiful and the fishing very exciting. The screeching of the reels when we went through the shoal of tuna was great. Our host for the day made sure we were very well looked after and that we all had our chance to bring in a fish.

The were also very accomodating to requests and even set up a rod for my father to try some spinning, old habits die hard even in the Caribbean.

The assistant carefully prepared our catch after the trip and we had the hotel chef cook the most fantastic tuna steaks that evening in the restaurant.

Happy memories!