“Good People and a Great Day Fishing”

Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing
Ranked #15 of 58 things to do in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Off shore fishing. 1/2, 3/4 And Full day Charters. 1/2 Day charter sharing available. Scuba Diving including PADI certification. Sunset Cruises. Snorkeling and Glass bottom boat trips.
Nyc
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Good People and a Great Day Fishing”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I chartered the Changing Winds a 32' fishing boat for four hours and had Jack and Courtney as the crew. They were fun to hang out which is important because there's nothing worse than being on a boat for four hours with a crew that's not fun.

A big benefit of the day was having their bigger sister boat on the water a mile or two away. This gave the people fishing on both boats the ability to scout more of the sea for fish. When the seagulls and frigates showed we alerted the other boat. I caught 4 skipjack tuna the other boat caught 5. A fair day for any angler.

Liz and Stanley were very nice people. Liz picked me up at my hotel at 6:45. Stanley came out to the boat to introduce himself. The boats are moored in front of Sandals. Stanley's does not accept credit cards, cash only. There are ATMs dispensing US dollars on the main road, Liz will gladly drive you by in the morning. ( My only disappointment was no diet coke in the cooler. I should have asked Liz to supply some when I booked it. My bad not hers).

The equipment is good. The Penn reels and boat were in good shape considering they are being used everyday. Capt. Courtney took the time to explain safety procedures before he started the boat and this was a first for any of the dozens of charters I've done on other islands or in the states.

Jack, the first mate, had great patience with me. He did a great job cleaning and prepping the fish. He iced it and wrapped it for the trip back to my hotel.

My suggestion to those who want to fish Negril is to check the weather forecast for the days ahead before booking the trip. Stanleys has no control over the weather and fishing isn't a sport reserved for sunny days. Fishing isn't for land lovers, especially on choppy days after a night of drinking rum. If you decide not to go because it's cloudy or choppy then you lose your deposit: It's that simple.

Don't put too many people on the boat either. I went solo and caught four fish. The other boat had 6 people and caught five, meaning someone was left empty handed. Don't forget to tip the crew and only take enough fish to eat. Leave the rest for the crew to take home to their family.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank hi3655

• Polish first
Duluth, MN
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Trip”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

There were 10 of us that went out on Stanley's 46' fishing boat. They picked us up at our hotel in the morning and took us to the charter boat. Everyone was very friendly and they had drinks and snacks for our trip. My husband caught a 100 lb. Blue Marlin and as they were reeling in the other lines another Blue Marlin hit the bait. They told us it had been a long time since a blue marlin had been caught and it was an even bigger deal that we got 2 at once. Stanley's is in a catch, tag and release program for the Blue Marlin and my husband will be receiving a certificate for being involved in the program. We all had a great time and would reccomend this trip to everyone!

Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing in Negril”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went fishing for half a day with Stanley's on our February trip to Negril. The best part of the trip was the people we met and the staff! We were told that it was a fishing boat not necessarily a fishing boat but we did end up catching black fin tuna and seeing sperm whales! The first mate Martin was great, patient and helpful. We enjoyed getting to know him and he was interesting to talk to. He made my vacation! I recommend fishing with Stanley and if I return, I will ask to be on a boat with Martin!

Morganton, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice crew and no fish”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We we're picked up at our resort on time. Nice boat and equipment. The Red Strips were offered and accepted by 8am . One bite, no fish. Lot's of the locals told us we wouldn't catch anything, but the crew tried.

1 Thank BillSafari
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marlin Man”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Cold drinks, blue water, and lots of sunshine! Capt. Kourtney and Jack put us on a nice barracuda and 7 ft marlin two hours into a morning trip! I'm booking again next year. Thanks again guys.

-The Marlin Man