“Best holiday by far 4 girls trip”

ClubHotel Riu Negril
Ranked #26 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We have just got back from this hotel after a two weeks holiday here..
Airport..
I would by far reccommend u get the VIP through Thomson because the queing was shocking was in the que for a gud 2hrs waiting to get though security the VIP gets you through this quick and fast.
The bus ride was just under an hour n half wasn't too bad to be honest had worst.
Check in..
Was very quick was given a fruit punch on arrival was very refreshing just what you needed after the long bus ride
Rooms..
We had no major problems with our room was nice clean n very spacious.. Out dryer did break and the airport over heated but these problems was resolved very quickly the same day so we don't have any bad things to say.
The hotel is quiet big but easy to find things once you have a little walk round.. Block 1+2 is the closet to everything so I would reccommend those to people. The food was great it does become the same thing some days but you wil never starve plenty to be eaten.. The staff on the restaurants are very polite and helpful always go the extra mile for you. The pools are quiet big if you like to watch the entertainment go round the pool with the beach bar they do play music through day but come on you are in Jamaica I loved listening to the music while sunbathing round the pool.
Entertainment..
These are far the best I've ever seen they know how to make people have a good time while on holiday.. Fantastic dancers we was In a world of own watching these guys dance mesmerised by them.. The shows at night are great don't think we can say we didn't like any. I just want to say the manager that Angel Fire Roley Poley Shadrick Superwomen these people make the hotel what is it if it wasn't for them I don't think we would have had the fantastic holiday we had if it wasn't for them these are a true team player. Go that extra mile to ensure your having a brilliant time. Thanks you 5 where going to miss you loads.
Trips.. We did the bob Marley n Dunn river was a great day but a very long day aswel but the dunns river is a must you should do this it's worth it. Appleton rum factory and ys falls another long day but was another good trip. Ricks and retail not bad nice to have a little shopping trip n to see the cliffs divers we did see a horrible accident and that kinda spoilt our experience there. Caribbean swim is a must must fantastic trip only 20min away would recommend.
The Thomson rep is fantastic any problems go to her or the reception and will be fixed straight away.. Was my sisters birthday while we was there n she sorted out 1 if the restaurants for us and a cake they al sung happy birthday to her Aswel was very nice for them to do that for Herat no extra cost.
Al in al this hotel is very nice and I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.. I'm already considering to return as soon as I can.
Thankyou to everyone at the riu for an amazing fantastic holiday that we will never forget xx

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marissa S
Write a ReviewReviews (5,781)

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hard working staff make this hotel a lovely place to stay. I wasn't bold over by the hotel as it seemed to be out of place with the décor, very European looking, greek statues etc..
The food was god awful, having Jamaican parents I know what the food is suppose to taste like, but I didn't enjoy any off it.
The entertainment at this hotel is excellent, the entertainment team deserve 100% raise. The bar staff were pleasant, and the waiters and waitresses are professional and helpful. Our room maid was just fabulous.

Room Tip: get a room in block 1 ground or 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Simi F
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

On first impressions nice bright hotel. You get a welcome drink and porters take your bags to your room. Reception staff are lovely and often asked how the holiday was going! Hotel is a fair distance from the airport! There are no lifts at this resort so anyone with babies and disabilities would need to request ground floor rooms. Bedrooms are pretty basic and would benefit from a good upgrade and revamp.
Pool area and pool bar are nice... First week was very busy due to dream weekend with very lively crowd but I would advise not taking children at this time due to sometimes inappropriate behaviour for kids to see. Second week was more chilled out and more family crowd.
Breakfast selection is very good and definitely best meal of the day. Lunch time in shadows very good food and also there is a chicken hut on the beach that is good. However, evening Meals tend to lack creativity and selection is limited. After a week meals became very repetitive and quality has been hit and miss.
Entertainment staff are very friendly and welcoming. Can be abit pushy to get people involved in games and activities. Most games involve dancing (twerking). Evening entertainment was okay, especially external entertainers the steel band and live bands are very good. The hotel entertainment is pretty basic and needs to be on a fortnightly rota as it can get repetitive.
Generally the hotel is very clean and well kept. No glasses are left around or cups. Plates are cleared pretty quickly. Rooms are immaculate.
Apparently the hotel is due to be revamped with a new pool and new tv's in the rooms etc (the rooms have big back tv's which I haven't seen since 98) a good idea would be to have key cards instead of door keys for extra security.
Excursions through Thomson were good, we went to ricks cafe, dunns River and bob marleys place.
Overall a good holiday with some
Minor tweeks would make it excellent.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank adam r
Reviewed August 13, 2014

OK so this is my 3rd time on vacation in Negril. First year I stayed at Riu Palace which was amazing! The second year we stayed at Negril Beach Club, worst place ever. If you ever travel to Negril never ever stay their even if your life depends on it. So we arrived on August 1, and proceeded to check in, the line wasn't to bad.....but be aware that there are no elevators...so I was given my room key or so I thought.....I climbed 3 flights of stairs just to be informed that I was given the wrong key... Aughhh so annoying... went back to the desk to retrieve a key.. was told that my guest and I would have to share a key!!!! (seriously).. after going back and forth for abt 10 minutes the person at the front desk informed me he would cut another key for the room... SO long story short the food for the fist 6 days tasted like crap!!! no lie the last day the food completely changed when all the dream week guest left. The service was ehhhh ok nothing special... the bars at this riu seemed a little unsanitary!! smell was a little disturbing. Next year we will be looking into staying at a villa.. so we'll be able to bring guess back to our room.. So yeah Riu earned 2.5 stars from me!!!

Room Tip: Don't get something to close to the ground level... (theft reasons) get a beach front view if av...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
9  Thank JusttricePleaze M
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Loved this place especially the entertainment on the beach. The staff always engaged guests which is always a plus. The drinks were good. Any problems they attempted to handle it immediately. Rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the front or you will have long walks with luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TNAsh30
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have just returned from a fabulous 2 weeks at this hotel. This was my second trip to Jamaica and once again it was wonderful. The hotel is large but all areas are comfortable and tidy. The rooms are large and comfortable and kept very clean with a well stocked fridge and alcohol drinks optics included. There are no tea/ coffee making facilities in the rooms. The hairdryer is adequate. There is food available day and night and plenty of choice available. The speciality reseraunts were easy to book and we had no problem getting a table when we wanted the steak reseraunt was particularly good. We spent most of our time on the sandy beach where there was no shortage if Sun lounges. There was some seaweed in the sea but not rely a problem.There are 2 swimming pools but they right next to each other and busy and noisy at the swim up bar. We did not go to all the nightly entertainment but what we did see was entertaining the animation team work extremely hard. The bar staff were friendly and attentive. Jamaica has some great excursions and are very informative . In all we had a fantastic holiday and will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank holidaygirl247
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

What a holiday is meant to feel like every think you need at this resort.good food great staff.drinks 24hours.entertainment.!! All problems if any talk to yr rep whom sorts it for you.safe in rooms are safe .!!!thanks good hotel thankyouyyy

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank leonnieLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
#8 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Negril Tree House Resort

Been to ClubHotel Riu Negril? Share your experiences!