The level of hospitality was above average and the people who work there are very good with customer service. The food and entertainment is excellent, and made the trip very enjoyable. An added feature was the experience at the beach and the overall cleanilness was above average.Areas of improvement would be the following
-The bedrooms and tube televisions is very outdated
-No wi-fi in rooms was very inconvenient
-The bathrooms in our rooms were very outdated and small
-The towels were musty on certain days
-Our rum dispenser in room was not working
- 2 hour transfer to and from airport be aware, not quick trip.
- Decor in lobby is outdated
The positives note outlined initially made the trip a good experience, however, they need to improve on the latter points in order to be competitive with other resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Newly renovated in November 2015 * Located on Jamaica's west coast in Negril * Located on the beach front * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Main building and four 2-story annexes * Surrounded by 45,000 m2 / 56,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 9 km / 5.5 Miles from Negril's West End * 7 km / 4.4 Miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Negril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Hotel Negril
- Rio Negril
- Riu Negril Jamaica
- Riu Resort All Inclusive Negril