I was invited to a trip to Jamaica to celebrate my friends mother's 50th birthday. After reading reviews, looking at pictures.....Riu Club Hotel is worth every star and then some! The ride from the airport is about 2hrs give or take the crazy left hand side driving....once you arrive you won't want to leave!!!! I could wax poetic all day about the place but I know you just want the "tips" so here I go.
1. Try to get an early flight in so that at the very least you can check in and head to the beach or pools with your bags safely in the lobby while your room gets ready
2. Do eat at Don Fresh's Lobster Shack to right of the beach!!!! Andrew and Paul will serve you with a smile....lobster and crab caught right out of the very ocean you swim in!!!!! This meal will be life changing..Thank me later or put me in your will (they are not part of the resort but worth every penny) $20 for freshly caught grilled lobster with the BEST garlic toast on the planet!!! I was there 5 days and ate there 4 days! Lol
3. The "a la carte" restaurants book up fast, nothing to write home about and nothing to stand in line at 8am to make a reservation for. We ate at sir Andrews' which is their "fine dining French" place......boring and slow
4. Chairs by the pool with the swim up bar are all "taken" by 9am.....if u wanna lay out go to the damn beach! The pool is for swimming and drinking! Lol
5. There are fun beach activities do as little or as much as you want
6. Bring the spontaneous you, there will be people all over talking and laughing with you don't be afraid to make new friends
7. Please tip!!!! Just because its all in exclusive does not mean their extraordinary service should go unnoticed!
8. Ladies wear your cover ups when dining at the buffet to avoid any "hey u can't wear that" situation
9. Jerk chicken hut.....lol, it's on the beach, it's free, it's delicious
10. If you want a slower pace book the Riu palace....I took a walk on the beach to their property....boring
For any more fun tips and facts email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And to Riu's management: please send my thanks and hugs to Kedesha and Suye at the front desk, Sherwayne and Maximo on the beach, Kelly, Garth, Fabio and Romio at the bars and last but not least Phillip by luigi's.......Awesome Job and You have earned a loyal patron of your hotel and of your beautiful country!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Newly renovated in November 2015 * Located on Jamaica's west coast in Negril * Located on the beach front * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Main building and four 2-story annexes * Surrounded by 45,000 m2 / 56,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 9 km / 5.5 Miles from Negril's West End * 7 km / 4.4 Miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and RIU Hotels and Resorts so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Negril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Hotel Negril
- Rio Negril
- Riu Negril Jamaica
- Riu Resort All Inclusive Negril