“Great Location - Great Staff”
other travelers have booked this property
bedroom # 6 bedroom # 6 second view
Bathroom for bedroom # 6
kitchen in room # 6
swimming pool area
Front Garden
Bar and restaurant at our villa
Tiki bar at villa
Bathroom in Room # 2
Room 2 bathroom
Kitchen in Room # 2
Room # 2 kitchen
Banana tree at the villa
Room # 5
Kitchen in room 7
Kitchen for room # 7
room 7 view from kitchen
Nearby beach
Nearby beach with chairs and umbrellas
Nearby beach bar
nearby beach bar and reataurant
nearby beach with chairs
Nearby beach cabana
nearby beach bar
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Graham H
Grand Falls Windsor, Canada
“Great Location - Great Staff”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at Ocean Wave Villa from February 1st until March 1st 2014 and although we have been to Jamaica three times this was the first time to Negril. We have always stayed in all inclusive resorts but decided this time to be more with the people which is what made it a fantastic time ( No more resorts for us )
Janice is the owner of Ocean Wave Villa and I heard the gardener one day address her as “Hey pretty Lady” and he is right she has a very pleasant nature and a very welcoming smile she also surrounds herself with great staff – Debby and Clare work in the Restaurant and do housekeeping as well and they are always helpful and always ready to answer all of our questions Greg is the cook in the restaurant and he is a great guy and an excellent cook and a good tour “GUIDE” ( Thanks for the Church tour Greg )
We liked Ocean Wave Villa because it was so close to the beach but also very private and quite, we explored every aspect of Negril and had a great time doing it under the guidance of the staff they really looked after us.
We came to Ocean Wave Villa and to Negril as strangers but we left with a whole lot of new “FRIENDS”
Thank you guys – We are already planning next year.

Liked best: Staff
New York City, New York
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I stayed here for about 3 weeks in August 2013 with my 2 sons (age 8 and 10) and we loved it! Our check-in and check-out was flawless. The room was very clean, the grounds were well maintained, and the entire staff was always friendly and helpful. These accommodations are perfect especially if you are an independent traveler, and love to get a feel for the place you visit. It was much like renting an apartment for a very short term rather than just a hotel room - exactly what I wanted. We spent the summer months of 2013 in Jamaica, and came here after visiting Treasure Beach (very different from Negril). The location provides both privacy as well as convenience to the liveliness of Negril. Making arrangements to stay here was also relatively easy. Janice promptly responded to all of my questions. The location was great for several reasons: we easily were able to walk to Negrils “7 mile” beach right across the road, and when we wanted privacy we went to the pool in the backyard; its very easy to get downtown (supermarkets, banks, money changers, shopping center, doctor, etc) and up to the west end; it's close to the water park (kids had a blast there); you can easily hire a private driver right out front for excursions (we went to Mayfield Falls - absolutely lovely!); dollar cabs pass regularly right out front so obtaining a ride locally is also very easy. Getting a ride back was a bit different – at the time of our visit many of the cab drivers were not familiar with the place and I had to point it out. I was thrilled that not too many people were familiar with the establishment. It was like a hidden gem - right up my alley.

The backyard is surrounded by lush greenery and very private, and there is a clothes line to hang laundry. I loved the ease of doing laundry while my kids played in the pool. The pool and pool deck was also kept very clean. The laundry room had 1 washing machine and 1 dryer, and the washing machine was usually available. When it wasn't, the wait was never long. I had to get some more clothes pins (to hang laundry on the line) from Janice upstairs, and she promptly provided a new pack. You will have to provide your own laundering supplies (soap, etc). The dryer is not available for use if the weather is sunny and dry - electricity in Jamaica is remarkably expensive and the laundering facilities are offered at no charge to the guests. Our clothes dried pretty quickly in the sun. Given the remarkable value of the price for our stay, I have absolutely no complaints about this. It was a great bargain for the location and the amenities.

The room (it was more like a studio apartment) had a full kitchen and I cooked almost all of our meals without a problem. The refrigerator was a good size, and made storing groceries and leftovers easy. Linens were changed once per week, and the room was cleaned once per week. We cleaned our room daily ourselves – I borrowed a broom and I bought other cleaning supplies downtown. This is not a typical hotel or resort where someone comes in daily to clean your room and change your linens, and the pricing fairly reflects that. The bathroom was nicely done and had a granite vanity top with modern fixtures. The shower had ample hot water and good water pressure. The room did not have a table or chairs, but that did not negatively impact our visit. We often dined alfresco at the tables and chairs located in the back near the pool area. That was lovely. While some guests could not get wifi in their room, we were able to get it in ours without a problem. I also liked the flooring throughout the common areas of the building and in the apartment - it is some sort of polished stone, not ceramic or porcelain tile, or carpeting.
 We met all of the other guests that were staying there (its not a very large establishment), and they were all very lovely and neighborly people.

The building with the apartments/rooms is set to the rear of the property, and there is a restaurant/bar at the front of the property in a separate building. We had breakfast there a couple of times. I had the ackee and salt fish with dumpling, yam, callalloo and plantains. My kids had eggs and bacon. It was all very delicious, and I highly recommend trying the food served there!!

There were 2 other children on the property (Janice's daughter and another young girl) who were very pleasant. They played with my kids in the pool, and came down to our apartment to make arrangements to play some more (so adorable), but my one of my kids caught a cold and had to take it easy. We lost power once, but it was soon restored.

Overall we have nothing but fond memories of our stay here. It's very fairly priced, and I hope it retains its charm. We’d certainly visit again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Cynthia B
Wichita, Kansas
“Very very nice and quiet”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed here in January with my 2 kids 8 and 12 years old, the villa is very clean and quiet, my kids love the pool they jumped in every morning, the owner Janice was not there everyday but her staff were friendly and help us with eveything that we needed, there were no soap or shampoo in our room but we ask the girl that checked us in and we got what we asked for plus extras. The kitchen was a plus for us because we i like to make breakfast for my kids.
The restaurant at the front of the property serve very delicious food, the pineapple pizza and jerk pork is my favorite and the price is very reasonable. I saw Janice a few times while we were there and she was very nice, friendly and always greeted us with a big smile.
We will be back next year.

Cynthia B

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness of the property, tranquility, and good food
Liked least: restaurant should open later
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Charlotte...
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
“Not what I expected!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Upon arrival to the villa, we were immediately greeted by Debbie, who was very nice, but didn't seem to know the complete operation of the villa. The room was basic and clean. Unfortunately, the shower did not have a shower head and the shower curtain could use regular changing as there was mold build-up. We were never greeted by Janice, nor did anyone check on us even when the villa loss power. We lost function of our refrigerator for approximately two days, so our food spoiled. I had to consistently ask for toilet paper and ask for sheets to be changed and fresh linen, which only happened once during my week stay. There is Wi-Fi available, but you have to go to the rear of the property and stay in that location. Also, the pool did not look appealing, so therefore I never used it. I have been to Jamaica several times and I have stayed at resorts and small rental properties, but I did not have positive vibes from this facility. Overall, the villa is located in great location and you are able walk to other areas along the 7-mile strip. However, I would carefully consider staying here if you don't mind feeling unappreciated as a guest and figuring out things on you own.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of customer attention
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers People with pets
Management Response
Jan 24, 2014
I am sorr that you had a negative experience, Debby and the other member of staff are very nice, friendly and is always willing to assist you with any issues that you may have had. Unfortunately in Jamaica the power do go off sometimes and it takes a few seconds before the generator come on, and the all appliances are usually working again, so if you have a problem with an appliance all you had to do was to tell Debby and our maintenance man would have taken care of that problem right away.
The mango tree next to the swimming pool is blossoming this season and is getting ready to produce fruits, the downside to that is that the blossoms falls on the pool deck constantly all day, this happen every year for about 3 months, and is very difficult to control. After the mango begins to grow the blossom goes way and problem solved. I am very sorry about that and will immediately take measure to correct these issues.

I am not always at the villa to meet and greet everyone, because i work in another city, so for this reason i have hired a very friendly and reliable staff to greet you and assist you with whatever you may need, but you have to let us know when there is a problem so we can fix it right away and not after you leave. I can be reached on my cell phone or by email at anytime of the day.
Once again I apologise for your bad experience and will have a meeting with my staff to to improve service and to ensure that every guest has a very nice stay at our villa.
AudreyM75
London, United Kingdom
“Basic and clean”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed there two weeks with a friend. I was greeted by Janice upon arrival,however she did not show us around the villa and barely gave us travel tips around negril (just cab fares and that's it). Then during our 2 weeks stay,she did not check once if everything was alright.
The aircon was leaking, the room was infested with bugs and ants (no bug sprays to kill them), the towels and sheets were changed after two days and then ten days later but only because we requested it. The room was never cleaned which was maybe meant to be that way but there were no broom/ cleaning materials to do it ourselves.We had to ask for toilet roll twice during our stay. The swimming pool area is a mess, there was just one long chair that could be used by the pool, the other 2 were completely broken. Even if all 3 deck chairs had been fine, this would not have been enough for guests in 6 rooms.
The owner, living upstairs, did not seem to really care about guests once checked in. The staff was lovely though (Debbie is an angel and the Chef in the villa's restaurant at the front is very good- he will cook pretty much everything you like).
Overall, I would say the location of the Villa is great , the accomodation is relatively cheap but the owner should take better care of the place as well as guests during long stays.
I would recommend this place but bearing in mind all of the above so at least you know what to expect.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Poor customer service and state of the place (not properly looked after)
Traveling group: Friends
New York
Reviewed November 9, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Dana P
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Home away from home”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

This is my first time staying here and I enjoyed it very much! Although across the street from the beach we really felt welcomed. The room was nice size with the kitkitche seperated...loved that!!! It was very clean! Janice and Simone checked on us daily! It was safe and loved the idea of having a washing machine to use!! Thanks for all your hard work and hospitality!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$65
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing