“Philip is fantastic!!”

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Philip is fantastic!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I found Philip on trip advisor about a week or two before my visit to Negril. He took my friend and I to the floating Pelican bar. We had so much fun with him! He arrived on time and was a great driver. Philip is very accommodating and very knowledgable. He had a lot of great stories to share and was a lot of fun to talk with. We enjoyed hanging out with him for the day. I would definitely recommend using Philip for any trips or transfers. I will definitely use his services the next time I am in Jamaica!!

Reston, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Some Good, but Bad - Blue Hole tour - 3-4 Hours in the car”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have mixed reviews. While I was impressed with Phil, the driver and the tour guide who was entertaining, I was not pleased with the delay. We promptly met Phil at the requested location and he quickly escorted us over to the air-conditioned van. Things were looking up, but then we ended up waiting for over an hour while he tried to track down other passengers. NOT GOOD. It turned out that the others didn't show we had to wait. He also confused our group with another group from another ship.

The ride to the Blue Hole lasted almost an hour and a half. In total we spent over 3 hours in the van that day. That's not why I came to Jamaica. The Blue Hole experience was wonderful. The pools were beautiful and it turned out to be a lot of fun. It was crowded, but nothing like Dunn's River Falls. It's definitely for the somewhat adventurous. Afterward we drove out of the way to drop off some passengers who went tubing while we ended up being dropped off for a brief 45 minute beach stint. It wasn't impressive. Since we were short on time we quickly ordered our lunch "TO GO" at a so so road side bar. We could have gone to Scotchie's, but they brought us to someplace else that wasn't impressive. So we ended up eating our food in the van as the driver hurriedly made his way back to the port. To make matters worse, the driver took us to a souvenir shop about 1 mile from the port. Only tour drivers were stopping there. Gee, do you think they are getting a kick back from the owner?- it was rather obvious, especially since the prices were much higher than at the dock.

If I had to do it over knowing that Falmouth isn't the best port, I would take a 30 minute cab ride to the beaches in Montego Bay. Everyone back aboard the ship, who ventured into Montego Bay had a positive experience.

Dublin, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Private Transfers: Montego Bay Airport to Negril”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Phillip Kongal from Phillip's Jamaica Tours was a great driver. He was very reasonable ($50) and provided your choice of beverage including a delicious rum punch or beer when he picked us up (very refreshing after a long trip from San Francisco). He picked us up at our Negril resort and took us to our Montego Bay resort. We also booked a trip with him to Dunn's River Falls. He was alway punctual and willing to let us set our own itinerary. He was alsow very knowledgeable.

Rockwood, Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Phillip is absolutely The Best!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I emailed Phillip a month or so before arriving in Jamaica, he got back with me and let me know that he would take very good care of us and he had all our arrival info to pick us up at the airport. He was waiting just outside the door at MBJ airport for us with a sign and a cold beverage. I needed to get a Local cell phone for out time there and Phillip loaned me one of his personal cell phones free of charge. He was very accommodating to our needs and stopped on the way to our Resort at a grocery store for us to get things we wanted during our stay. He is a top notch driver and out of 8 trips to Jamaica I never felt more secure than we did riding with Phillip. I checked prices for transfers through many suppliers and he had the BEST Price! He also does private tours and will customize them to what you want to do. My Wife's Sister and Her family are going on a Cruise to Montego Bay this coming May and Phillip is going to come and meet them at the Cruise port for a private taxi and Tour for them that day, and he is doing it at incredible price for them! He is so friendly and professional but still yet makes you feel like a long time friend or even family member while with him. THANK YOU PHILLIP and hopefully we will be back to See You Soon my Friend! Here is his contact info incase its not on this page http://www.phillipsjamaicatours.com/ Email at phillipjatours@gmail.com or Call at : 876-871-2366

Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very Accomodating, Extremely Safe Driver”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I just wanted to recommend our airport transportation, Phillip's Jamaica Tours - Phillip Kongal. We were delayed in Toronto for 1.5 hours and Phillip was there waiting for us with a cold red stripe. He drives a red plated oversized van - clean and air conditioned. We stopped at Mega Mart to pick up food and supplies - we were there for over an hour- then stopped for some jerk. He was extremely accommodating. He helped us with our bags and luggage to our condo. Highly, highly recommend him - he is very knowledgeable about the island, very patient, reliable and mature man, and most importantly a very safe driver. His rates are reasonable too.

Visited February 2014