“Susan G”

Ranked #46 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Morris, Illinois
“Susan G”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went with friends and first time staying at Bourbon Beach. Everyone was nice, food was great, music was very good and free if you stay there, so good deal for music lovers. All rooms upstairs, clean and a jacuzzi right outside room. If on a budget a good option.

Room Tip: Room 14 is an ocean front and a large room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Susan G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went with friends and had a very good time. The true Jamaican experience. Very good food, clean rooms,very helpful staff. And the music is great!!!!! The best jerk chicken you can eat in Negril and the breakfasts are very good also. Thank you Maureen and staff!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Barb L
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just returned from a brief visit to Negril. Had a wonderful time. Food, music and just the whole experience was wonderful. The staff was kind and management was great! Thanks Maureen for making our visit a fun and memorable one! Look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank texmex0203
oconomowoc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the resort Feb. 28th to Mar. 9th .Bourbon Beach is definitely one of the best times we ever had.We've been to Negril 3 times now. The first 2 times we stayed at all inclusives,you kinda feel confined to the property,not at "Bourbon Beach".My wife and I found it to be very fun and relaxing. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bands were great.It poured rain one night so the band covered their equiptment when the rain stopped they were right back it.Decent music all day long. Dwight and Shabba kept the beach very clean they also built excellent fires on the beach. Eric makes the best jerk chicken,I couldn't stop eating it.Foscar will give you a fun ride where ever you want to go. Maureen the manager was very nice you need something she will take care of it.very down to earth resort.We met a lot of nice locals up and down 7 Mile Beach.I just cant say enough.Thanks to all at Bourbon Beach.We would come back.

Room Tip: Request room #18 nice views located on upper level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly S
Somerset, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Don't waste your money on this place! Disgusting unorganized, and staff was unfriendly. I was overcharged for my room and the room wasn't even great. There are plenty of other well established places in Negril to stay such as Negril Escape or SeaStar or FootPrints would be MUCH better than this...and at least other hotels staff are excellent, but not here! I will not recommend this place to anyone. 2 thumbs down. :(

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Unhappy550
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a wonderful time at Bourbon beach. Stayed there for 2 weeks.
The rooms are comforting; the views amazing and the staff very very friendly. It's so easy to make nice friends here and people are really looking after you. They make sure you have the time of your life. Good food and drinks and free beds at the beach to enjoy life to the fullest!

And then off course, the most fantastic reggae-concerts. Very affordable prices and big big artists. What a great place; right at the beach listening to the best reggae......
So, if you are blessed to book your holidays soon...............go to Bourbon Beach!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank rastawoman_13
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I first stayed at Bourbon Beach in June 2012 and had nothing but good things to say upon my departure. I returned the second week of March 2013 and had a much different experience. The hotel seems to be under new management and I must say I missed the gentleman Kevin and old staff that assisted me the first time. The hotel was run down and extremely unorganized. When I arrived the floor housing the available rooms were scattered with trash and the hot tub upstairs was filthy. The couches I once enjoyed watching the sunset on were now broken and left in the way, creating a safety hazard for the children running around. The new cook manning the famous jerk grill was unpleasant and the whole time I was wondering where "chicken king" was. I paid for my room in advance which was forgotten when I was ready to check out. I was asked how much my rate was and asked for an additional $300 as if I never paid. After a few moment of cluelessness the receipts proving payment were discovered but paying the bar tab was the next issue.
The new use of iPads to conduct business backfired when I was unable to obtain a final print out of my purchases. I was quickly shown the iPad and told a price. Unfortunately I was so ready to leave that I didn't realize that the conversion from Jamaican money to US currency was incorrect. I was overcharged and simply won't return to this establishment in the future. I'm sorry this beach gem has been run into the ground.

• Stayed March 2013