“Wonderful return trip”

Ranked #25 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful return trip”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband & I visited the Grand Pineapple Negril from March 18 - 29, 2014 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Having previously stayed at Sandals Negril and Sandals Grand Riveira in Ocho Rios, this was our second visit to the Pineapple. The small size of the Pineapple is perfect with only 65 rooms so you will not feel lost within a mega resort. The environment is perfect for relaxing but lively nightlife is within walking distance so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

The staff was so welcoming, having remembered us from our previous trip which must be difficult with the many visiters they receive each year. Jeffrey escorted us to our garden side cottage like we were old friends (which I guess we are now). Although the meals are buffet, Jacqueline brought our breakfast coffee, juice and lunch drinks with a smile. Elliott was our server for dinner and Rohan made the best curried shrimp for lunch one afternoon. Tasana was our sweet room attendant who left towel animals on our bed every single day. The crossing guards were wonderful to chat with each day and never minded the several trips across the road that I made each day. We enjoyed the Prestige Awards, congrats to Marvette & Jacqueline for winning the 2 top prizes.

The Pineapple is perfectly situated in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy a pleasant walk in either direction to experience the authentic beauty of Negril. Margaritaville, Roots and Burbon Cafe are short (and safe) walks from the Pineapple if you want to enjoy a little music.

The food is delicious and we were never bored with the selection. The returning guest dinner was awesome, and provided us with a wonderful opportunity to thank the amazing staff. Be sure to try Smokey Joes, directly across the street. I had a wonderful massage in the spa which I highly recommend. We brought our own floats to relax on and left them for other guests.

I would recommend that the Pineapple consider providing free wifi for their guests so that we can easily keep in touch with family at home. I would also recommend bringing lots of small bills to enjoy shopping along the beach. We enjoyed our trip so much, we booked for next year before we left. They have a wonderful program called the Pineapple Perks which allows returning guests to earn rewards toward future visits. I cannot wait to return to the Pineapple.

Room Tip: I have stayed on both the beach side and the garden side. Personally I prefer the beach side but b...
3 Thank Mrs_Muncy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Polish first
Swan River, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have just returned from trip number 5. Called this trip went back home because that is how it feels. This is such a relaxing piece of paradise. From the moment we arrived to the sad moment we left you are made to feel special. As I have said before the staff is such a big part of the little piece of heaven , ever day from the moment you leave your room you are greeted by smiles and good mornings. There are some new staff that we can say are very good, Always sad to see some leave but it is again changes can also be good things. The new management is working just as hard as the old to make things better with out changing this little place to much.
The beach is wonderful as I enjoy my morning walks. You can just walk into the water to cool off at any time. We stayed Beach Side Cottage and always love our room. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We enjoy beach side cottages
International Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have been vacationing at Grand Pineapple Negril since 2008. Love, love this hotel! Excellent staff that makes you feel like part of their family! Definitely don't be put off because the meals are buffet. The food and drinks are top notch. The rooms are always clean and well maintained by efficient staff.
When friends ask for hotel recommendations in Jamaica, it's Grand Pineapple everytime!

Room Tip: Pick a garden side room if you are looking for quiet seclusion.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laura H
Rosedale, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I spend one week at grand pineapple hotel and had the time of my life the staff's are the best, friendly helpful they make you feel at home. I got married on April 19 and I can't say thanks enough to Segoney the wedding planner she will go above and beyond to make this happened for you ,she is so warmth and friendly keep doing what your doing I think you are the best. And Amoy at the spa thank you for making me beautiful you girls rock ..I had the best wedding and thanks to the crew at grand pineapple

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Ndinan0274
Sackville, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed at this resort March 29-April 5/14. This was our first trip to Jamaica (our friends second trip, they stayed in Runaway Bay last year). We all loved this small resort. The food and drinks were very good. We ordered burgers and fries a couple of days and they were excellent. The beach is awesome, and we enjoyed walking in both directions. It was fun to see all the vendors, and yes, of course they all want you to buy. In some cases we did, but most of the time we said no thanks and that was it. It is fun to talk to the locals, no need to be afraid. The manager, Lancealot, made it a point to talk to us and ask us how our stay was going every time we saw him, which was often. The only complaint we had was that you had to pay $15/day for internet sevice. Lancealot told us to make the suggestion for free Wifi as they are always making improvements. We can definately live without internet for a week, but when you have children at home it's nice to touch base a couple of times throughout the week. The staff are all excelent and go above and beyond for you. One day I ordered a drink at the bar and they were missing 1 ingredient. Conrad was the bartender, and he asked me my room number. Sure enough, when the ingredient came in, he delivered the drink to my room!!! I have never had service like this before. We have been to Cuba and Mexico and I can assure you this does not happen at the bigger resorts. We stayed on the Garden Side which I highly recommend. It is very peaceful and SOOOO close to the beach side. It makes me laugh when people complain about it being so far away from everything. It honestly takes less than 2 minutes to get from your room on the garden side to the beach, restaurant and bar. We stayed at a resort last year in Cuba and it took about 7 min to walk from our room to the buffet restaurant, so staying on the garden side is very close. The beach side is noisy at night, from Alfreds next door, but maybe with the AC on you wouldn't hear it? We used the pool 1 afternoon and had it all to ourselves. We ordered drinks as there is a phone there, and they arrived in minutes! Yes there is the odd insect in the pool, but I have never been in an outdoor pool anywhere in my life where there hasn't been, honestly people, give your head a shake. The peacocks are lovely! We only ventured down the beach 1 night after dark. We walked to Bourbon Beach Bar one night when they had a bonfire on the beach and a live band playing outside. It was quite an experience to say the least, lots of "smoke". We hired Captain Moses to take us to Rick's cafe which was a blast. We had supper there and it was very good. We also took a free shuttle to Margaratville one night for supper. The food was not very good but the margaritas were excellent. We walked there the next day and had another one:) It was about a 20 min walk. We also walked to the Times Square Shopping Mall one morning for a couple of hours, only about a 5 min walk. We really enjoyed coffee on our patio every morning, very peaceful. Every time we left our beach area to go for a walk the nice security guard would ask us our room #. All in all, excellent resort and we would definately return.

Room Tip: Garden side room was excellent. Stayed in room 12 A. Had a King size 4 poster bed. All cottages h...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Tammy W
Long Island, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just got back from Grand Pineapple Negril. I would give it 3.5 stars because it was better than average. Let me start by stating that we have been to Sandals Royal Caribbean & Beaches in both Negril & Ocho Rios. We also visited Grand Pineapple in Antiqua so we are very familiar with this hotel chain. There is no denying the great value of this resort. The food is prepared very well and the bar service is great and they even have some "Brand" name liquors. All & all the service was fabulous. As most reviewers stated the staff is very nice and we were treated extremely well by everyone. The beach area is what you expect in Negril, beautiful soft white sand and gorgeous water. It is in a good location because you can walk north along the beach and you will pass many of the other resorts & places to eat & shop. You don't need to be nervous, there are alot a vendors and glass bottom boats offering there wares but you can say "No thanks" and keep moving on. If you want to go out on a glass bottom boat to snorkel or whatever ther are plenty of choices and they are very acommodating. I used Captain Moses and for $25.00 (US) I had a great time.
Now there are a few things that we had problems with, The pool, to me, was ridiculous. When we went across to the pool, no one was swimming and it had numerous dead bugs floating in it, really gross. I asked the lifeguard if I could use the skimmer but was told it has a big hole in it and he told management, but they didn't replace it. They also have a whirlpool next to the bar but it's not heated and most of the jets don't work. There is a foot wash next to beach which worked but it had a broken knob that never got replaced. These are little things that can be easily repaired. As stated the food quality is very good. Breakfast was always great, The dinners were very good, but not enough of a selection for some. This was also true at lunch, although you can always order something from the grill. The nightlife is non-existent. They have a good band 3 days a week but they end at 9pm. There is a pool table next to the bar that has seen better days. Some guests propped up one side with sticks so it wasn't tilted & it has a long groove in the surface of the table.
The grounds are well kept and the rooms are neat & clean. The water sports are limited but ok.
All said, we enjoyed the hotel very much but if your looking for excitement during the day & any kind of nightlife you won't find it here. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful beach with good food and drinks you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are quieter but you are too far away from anything but the pool. No bar or fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank MikesFamily
orlando
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Friendly staff and service, clearest, most beautiful beach. Loved the people walking by playing live music. Fun free activities like paddleboarding. Loved the boutique feel...because the Grand Pineapple is smaller, you dont ever have to wait in a long line for food or drinks. The spa was excellent too! Definitely recommended.

9 Thank lherndon