“fun place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 25, 2014

we stayed there from 1/16/14-1/21/14 and had a great time. the resort is centrally located on 7 mile beach, next door to alfreds bar. we really enjoyed it. our room was clean, plenty of hot water, good AC. The only negative I can say about the room was that the mattresses were extremely hard. but they were replacing the mattresses in some of the rooms so hopefully all rooms will get a better mattress. the food was good with lots of options. the drinks were plentiful and cold. the grand pineapple probably has one of the best beach areas in this section of Negril. lots of chairs, space, shade or sun.

this area of Negril has a lot of cheap to mid range resorts. further north are the big resorts which are away from the everyday population. if you want to be isolated then these may be for you.

there are a lot of places to eat near the resort if you want to venture out to eat local food. right across the street is a jerk chicken stand which is excellent. as in many beaches in the Caribbean you have the beach 'vendors'. there are a lot of people walking on the beach trying to sell you anything. they can be annoying but the resort has 24 hour guards to keep them away. if you just politely tell them no thank you they will leave you alone.

room tip. stay on the beach side of the highway. we never went across the highway to look at the other side but it is a long walk from the beach. we could hear music at night from alfreds but with the ac running it did not keep us from sleeping.

Room Tip: stay on the beach side of the highway. we stayed in room 33. this is a good room but room 31 had a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Billy S

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here the first week of January and we did have a good time. The beach and the crystal clear water are just amazing and one of the best I have seen in my travels across the Caribbean.

The food is really good and there is plenty of variety (unless you are a Vegetarian). The people that work here are really nice and service is always with a smile.

Vinton,Winston and Ghavri are clearly over worked at the bar but did a nice job and a big Thank You to them and also would like to mention Bethune who works at the Restaurant and trust me she can pour a beer better then every one else (sorry guys).

We also met some wonderful people from the Mid West that I will never forget, specially watching Football.

So why only 2 Stars?

1. We booked almost 6 moths in advance and had requested a room with a Queen/King size bed and yet we were given a room with 2 double beds. It was just me and my wife and to me that was a let down specially when you have booked months in advance.

2. They gave us a floor mat for the bathroom the day we checked in but it disappeared the next day never to come back.
There was Green Mountain coffee packets in the room the first few day we were there then we only got some other brand and that too only Decaf.
Some consistency would be nice.

3. We (and one other older Canadian couple we met there) were asked for Money by some one working in Security. I was asked twice (not sure if it was the same person) . This has never ever happened to me before any where else.

4. It takes a lot of time to get a drink at the bar as there is only one Bartender working and the first few days they did not have Blue Curacao so I could not get my favorite drink. :(

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Sam20102014
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We're so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. This is certainly not our standard and we would like to correct the situation and make things right. I have sent you a private message, so that our management team can get in contact with you and address your concerns. I hope that you will reconsider your decision and give us a chance show the excellent service for which we are known.

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to making contact with you regarding this matter very soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I had a great time at the Grand Pineapple Hotel. The staff where great and the food was very good. My wife who has a gluten problem would like to thank the chefs at the hotel because they made it easy for her to eat the food without flour or wheat. We had a garden cottage on the other side of the road which we liked because it was nice and quite on this side. Some days crossing the road was very busy but we would stay on the garden side again because of the peace and tranquility over there. The resort was kept nice and clean at all times. Possible improvements would be to put netting on the windows to prevent Mosquitos from coming into the rooms. Other then that it's a great place to go. Thanks again for a wonderful time, Tony and Genette

Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank Tony M
Reviewed January 19, 2014

first of all we all 8 of us that went would go back. There is everything you want to do rite at your finger tips. Moses glass bottom boat to ricks cafe, Moses boat to island for lobster lunch,snorkeling, all the liquid you need, we went parasailing, swiming with dolphins, also can walk the beach for miles, everything you need is on the beach. Security was excellant they keep the pedlers away. But cant please everyone took us 5 to 10 min to get a drink at the bar, towels were not replaced had to walk to office to get towels, I thought the place was very unorganized, The help was friendly and did help but shouldn't have to ask for the things that should be there or done. It was clean and very relaxing. THE PRICE WAS RITE

Room Tip: we walked the beach, Grand pineapple is one of the nicer small (64 rms) that we seen on the 7mile b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank 1962charlie
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We appreciate your feedback. It's always very important to know what our guests think. I will be sure to forward your review to the managers. Once again, thank you for review and we hope to see you and friends again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Grand Pineapple has a certain charm about it. You're not going to be wowed by the glitzy, over-glamorous power hotels that are in abundance wherever you go these days. The Grand Pineapple is meant for a seasoned traveller to relax. There are "cottage"-like clusters of rooms sprinkled across a large lawn in front of a beautiful beach. A small bar (closest to the water) and restaurant (behind the bar).

This is a beach lovers paradise. You'll find yourself flip-flopping it to breakfast and stealing the day away under, perhaps, the most beautiful almond trees ever (lots of shade). Lunch and dinner are not too far behind you. No clocks necessary. You can hear the utensils clinging in the background to remind you it's that time. As dinner approaches you can watch the most beautiful sunsets on the planet. Catch the sunset. shower up and have dinner. Afterwards play some pool with a few people who like to socialize and have a few cocktails. A small band will come an play every other night and a few dance-loving folks will do their swing.

The Clientele at this hotel are all very classy. Each time I have been here I have found myself engaged in interesting and stimulating conversations. Always laid back. Never met any "yahoos" (if that translates to our European friends).

The Beach is gorgeous. Never mind the locals who will try to sell you something. I would too. This is part of the charm about this place. It's quite Bohemian It's a little overwhelming Day-1. But these folks who work the beat, know when you're on Day-2, Day-3 and ease off. Open up your wallet and spend a few bucks. Stimulate a little trade. They'll love you for it and pay you that Respect they talk about all the time. Stroll up and down the beach and you can buy a lot of locally made crafts.

You can pay $2000- $5000 more to wrap yourself in that Waldorf Astoria Hotel room up the beach and relish how cool your hotel bathroom looks or you can spend time on a gorgeous beach.

PS : You can bring your kids here, but honestly this is an adult beach. There isn't a lot to do for kids. Beaches is where they have an Ice Cream bar. Crafts to do during the day. Sesame Street characters. Pool games. That's where you want to be with kids. (If you have a baby you can bring them here. The Jamaican people are the most respectful in the world.)

Good Luck on your hunt.

Room Tip: There is a bar next to GP called Alfreds. They open up every other night and a band will play. Its n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Kevin_Bacon2014
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seem to be an amazing one! We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. We hope that you return in near future!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was a fantastic hotel. If your looking for somewhere to just RnR and relax. This is the place. This is a 3 star hotel with 4 to 4.5 star service. I have to say the staff were truly amazing. They made sure that everything was always ok. The food was great! I don't why some people complain about the food. There was something different every night and for lunch. If you didn't want what was at the buffet and felt like a hamburger or grilled cheese sandwhich, they would make it for you.

The staff is always making sure everything is in order. When we got to our beach cottage, we had luke warm water. I told the front desk and they sent out Garth immediately. He was very prompt and making sure why we didn't have water. The pilot light was out and he got it fixed in no time.

The guards at the hotel are very alert when you leave the hotel. They always ask whether your leaving the beach or leaving for an excursion what room you are in and keep tabs on who leaves and comes back to the hotel. I thought that was really good.

The only thing that bothered me was the frogs in the trees. At night they can get noisy but after the second night you just ignore them. just bring some earplugs if they bother you.

The beach was amazing. The 7 mile beach was gorgeous. I recommend

Room Tip: If you want a quieter area, stay on the gardenside. You will have to cross the street but it's...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 773Stacey

I'm so happy that you and your friends had such a fantastic vacation with us. We want all our guests to have the experience of being in paradise and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create that experience for you. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you all again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I were married at the Grand Pineapple in January 2012. We had about 30 guests travel with.us for the wedding. The experience couldn't have been more perfect. The folks at the resort took great care of everyone in our party. The accommodations were great and the price was affordable. The wedding and the trip where absolutely perfect! We will be returning to the Grand Pineapple for my brother's wedding (he and his fiancé had such a great time at my wedding they want to duplicate it) in April and I can't wait!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dawnpgh

Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We're delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and your wedding was a success! We always strive to provide the best in customer service. We're happy we were able to meet your expectations during your visit. See you in your brother's wedding :0)