“first wk in Jan 2014”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 19, 2014

first of all we all 8 of us that went would go back. There is everything you want to do rite at your finger tips. Moses glass bottom boat to ricks cafe, Moses boat to island for lobster lunch,snorkeling, all the liquid you need, we went parasailing, swiming with dolphins, also can walk the beach for miles, everything you need is on the beach. Security was excellant they keep the pedlers away. But cant please everyone took us 5 to 10 min to get a drink at the bar, towels were not replaced had to walk to office to get towels, I thought the place was very unorganized, The help was friendly and did help but shouldn't have to ask for the things that should be there or done. It was clean and very relaxing. THE PRICE WAS RITE

Room Tip: we walked the beach, Grand pineapple is one of the nicer small (64 rms) that we seen on the 7mile b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank 1962charlie
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We appreciate your feedback. It's always very important to know what our guests think. I will be sure to forward your review to the managers. Once again, thank you for review and we hope to see you and friends again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Grand Pineapple has a certain charm about it. You're not going to be wowed by the glitzy, over-glamorous power hotels that are in abundance wherever you go these days. The Grand Pineapple is meant for a seasoned traveller to relax. There are "cottage"-like clusters of rooms sprinkled across a large lawn in front of a beautiful beach. A small bar (closest to the water) and restaurant (behind the bar).

This is a beach lovers paradise. You'll find yourself flip-flopping it to breakfast and stealing the day away under, perhaps, the most beautiful almond trees ever (lots of shade). Lunch and dinner are not too far behind you. No clocks necessary. You can hear the utensils clinging in the background to remind you it's that time. As dinner approaches you can watch the most beautiful sunsets on the planet. Catch the sunset. shower up and have dinner. Afterwards play some pool with a few people who like to socialize and have a few cocktails. A small band will come an play every other night and a few dance-loving folks will do their swing.

The Clientele at this hotel are all very classy. Each time I have been here I have found myself engaged in interesting and stimulating conversations. Always laid back. Never met any "yahoos" (if that translates to our European friends).

The Beach is gorgeous. Never mind the locals who will try to sell you something. I would too. This is part of the charm about this place. It's quite Bohemian It's a little overwhelming Day-1. But these folks who work the beat, know when you're on Day-2, Day-3 and ease off. Open up your wallet and spend a few bucks. Stimulate a little trade. They'll love you for it and pay you that Respect they talk about all the time. Stroll up and down the beach and you can buy a lot of locally made crafts.

You can pay $2000- $5000 more to wrap yourself in that Waldorf Astoria Hotel room up the beach and relish how cool your hotel bathroom looks or you can spend time on a gorgeous beach.

PS : You can bring your kids here, but honestly this is an adult beach. There isn't a lot to do for kids. Beaches is where they have an Ice Cream bar. Crafts to do during the day. Sesame Street characters. Pool games. That's where you want to be with kids. (If you have a baby you can bring them here. The Jamaican people are the most respectful in the world.)

Good Luck on your hunt.

Room Tip: There is a bar next to GP called Alfreds. They open up every other night and a band will play. Its n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Kevin_Bacon2014
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seem to be an amazing one! We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. We hope that you return in near future!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was a fantastic hotel. If your looking for somewhere to just RnR and relax. This is the place. This is a 3 star hotel with 4 to 4.5 star service. I have to say the staff were truly amazing. They made sure that everything was always ok. The food was great! I don't why some people complain about the food. There was something different every night and for lunch. If you didn't want what was at the buffet and felt like a hamburger or grilled cheese sandwhich, they would make it for you.

The staff is always making sure everything is in order. When we got to our beach cottage, we had luke warm water. I told the front desk and they sent out Garth immediately. He was very prompt and making sure why we didn't have water. The pilot light was out and he got it fixed in no time.

The guards at the hotel are very alert when you leave the hotel. They always ask whether your leaving the beach or leaving for an excursion what room you are in and keep tabs on who leaves and comes back to the hotel. I thought that was really good.

The only thing that bothered me was the frogs in the trees. At night they can get noisy but after the second night you just ignore them. just bring some earplugs if they bother you.

The beach was amazing. The 7 mile beach was gorgeous. I recommend

Room Tip: If you want a quieter area, stay on the gardenside. You will have to cross the street but it's...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 773Stacey

I'm so happy that you and your friends had such a fantastic vacation with us. We want all our guests to have the experience of being in paradise and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create that experience for you. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you all again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I were married at the Grand Pineapple in January 2012. We had about 30 guests travel with.us for the wedding. The experience couldn't have been more perfect. The folks at the resort took great care of everyone in our party. The accommodations were great and the price was affordable. The wedding and the trip where absolutely perfect! We will be returning to the Grand Pineapple for my brother's wedding (he and his fiancé had such a great time at my wedding they want to duplicate it) in April and I can't wait!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dawnpgh

Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We're delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and your wedding was a success! We always strive to provide the best in customer service. We're happy we were able to meet your expectations during your visit. See you in your brother's wedding :0)

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

The Grand Pineapple was the ideal setting for my husband and I's belated honeymoon. We have traveled to Negril a few times but have always stayed elsewhere. We were beyond happy with the intimate resort for the duration of our 9 night stay. We booked 6 months in advance directly through Grand Pineapple. Our request for a Beach Cottage with a king bed was accommodated. The room was clean and comfortable. The 3 buffet meals a day were beyond satisfying. As mentioned in other reviews, the staff truly is the best part of GP. We became especially fond of Maurice and Whayde in security, Vinton and Marvette behind the bar, and Christopher, Kevin, and Bethune in the wait staff. Every signal member of the GP staff that I encountered was especially hospitable and kind. The beach area is great. We spent hours upon hours lounging on the beach and swimming in the ocean. The Grand Pineapple provided my husband and I with exactly what we wanted from our honeymoon, a Negril vacation made simple yet special. We will return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Annie S
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm glad you and your husband had such a happy honeymoon and that we were able to share that experience with you. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. We hope to see you both again.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We chose this resort because of all the great reviews. We were first time visitors to Jamaica. Upon arriving at the airport we looked for the shuttle to the Grand Pineapple and had a very long wait - next time we would just get a cab instead of paying the extra for the shuttle.

The personnel at the front desk were very welcoming and friendly with ice cold towels to cool off with and a glass of pineapple ginger juice. After checking in we went to our room and we were disappointed that it had two double beds. We cheerfully went back to the front desk to tell them of the mistake. We had booked eight months in advance – how could they possibly say that they did not have any king beds for us!!! We did get the opportunity to move to a room with a king size bed two days later but in the mean time we could not unpack.

The new room was wonderful – we even had a towel swan and orchids on the bed and orchids in the bathroom waiting for us. It was a much nicer room. Our housekeeper, Sharon, was very nice and she did a great job on our room each day.

We loved the quaint resort. The variety of food was good. We only have one complaint and that would be the bar service. With the resort being all inclusive they should ALWAYS have at least two servers behind the bar – too many times we went to get a drink only to have to wait up to 15 minutes standing there. I walked away many times frustrated that instead of taking our order the bartender turned his back on us and decided to wash the glasses, wash the blender. We started buying red stripes from the gift shop to sit on the beach with. Some other guests even brought their own with or went out and bought their own as well. This really needs to be fixed – I would say that the staff needs to have a day trip down to the Beaches and see how those bartenders treat the patrons. We paid to have a day with friends at the Beaches and were shocked at the friendly fast service at the numerous bars there. Hire some of those people!!!

We felt very safe with the security guards on the beach. Thanks Wade.

We also would recommend Moses for any glass bottom boat tours. Moses is the best.

Room Tip: Even when you book 8 months in advance you do not get a choice. Not sure why. All you can do is as...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ramandlam
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We just returned from Negril -- our first visit there. For the price, the Grand Pineapple Negril is a good value. We booked through Cheap Caribbean. If you want to relax, not have to think about where to eat, and just enjoy the beach this is an excellent location. The food and drinks are plentiful, but as mentioned in other reviews -- the liquor is not "top shelf" -- but I don't care. The buffet meals offer plenty of variety. We are vegetarians and had no issues with the offerings. The staff is excellent. I will not name them -- too many to list and I don't want to slight anyone. The staff will extend you every courtesy. The location of the resort is great since it is right on the beach (wonderful beach for walking) and next door to Alfred's. The resort offers entertainment on the nights that Alfred's is not. Reggae, Calypso, or Mento are all to be heard there. Just kick back, grab a beach chair in the shade, add a rum drink "Make My Day" and enjoy yourself. It's not a 4 star resort, but small enough to really enjoy and not get lost in the shuffle.

Room Tip: The Beachside Cottages are more convenient although walking across the street to the "garden si...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2-NJ-Zs

Thank you so much for your review. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a great time visiting our resort. Our beach is one of a kind in Negril and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much.We strive to offer the best in service with a friendly, relaxing environment and it’s great that this was the case during your stay. We hope to see you again.