“Lovely Paradise”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was a fantastic hotel. If your looking for somewhere to just RnR and relax. This is the place. This is a 3 star hotel with 4 to 4.5 star service. I have to say the staff were truly amazing. They made sure that everything was always ok. The food was great! I don't why some people complain about the food. There was something different every night and for lunch. If you didn't want what was at the buffet and felt like a hamburger or grilled cheese sandwhich, they would make it for you.

The staff is always making sure everything is in order. When we got to our beach cottage, we had luke warm water. I told the front desk and they sent out Garth immediately. He was very prompt and making sure why we didn't have water. The pilot light was out and he got it fixed in no time.

The guards at the hotel are very alert when you leave the hotel. They always ask whether your leaving the beach or leaving for an excursion what room you are in and keep tabs on who leaves and comes back to the hotel. I thought that was really good.

The only thing that bothered me was the frogs in the trees. At night they can get noisy but after the second night you just ignore them. just bring some earplugs if they bother you.

The beach was amazing. The 7 mile beach was gorgeous. I recommend

Room Tip: If you want a quieter area, stay on the gardenside. You will have to cross the street but it's...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 773Stacey
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I'm so happy that you and your friends had such a fantastic vacation with us. We want all our guests to have the experience of being in paradise and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create that experience for you. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you all again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I were married at the Grand Pineapple in January 2012. We had about 30 guests travel with.us for the wedding. The experience couldn't have been more perfect. The folks at the resort took great care of everyone in our party. The accommodations were great and the price was affordable. The wedding and the trip where absolutely perfect! We will be returning to the Grand Pineapple for my brother's wedding (he and his fiancé had such a great time at my wedding they want to duplicate it) in April and I can't wait!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dawnpgh

Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We're delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and your wedding was a success! We always strive to provide the best in customer service. We're happy we were able to meet your expectations during your visit. See you in your brother's wedding :0)

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

The Grand Pineapple was the ideal setting for my husband and I's belated honeymoon. We have traveled to Negril a few times but have always stayed elsewhere. We were beyond happy with the intimate resort for the duration of our 9 night stay. We booked 6 months in advance directly through Grand Pineapple. Our request for a Beach Cottage with a king bed was accommodated. The room was clean and comfortable. The 3 buffet meals a day were beyond satisfying. As mentioned in other reviews, the staff truly is the best part of GP. We became especially fond of Maurice and Whayde in security, Vinton and Marvette behind the bar, and Christopher, Kevin, and Bethune in the wait staff. Every signal member of the GP staff that I encountered was especially hospitable and kind. The beach area is great. We spent hours upon hours lounging on the beach and swimming in the ocean. The Grand Pineapple provided my husband and I with exactly what we wanted from our honeymoon, a Negril vacation made simple yet special. We will return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Annie S
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm glad you and your husband had such a happy honeymoon and that we were able to share that experience with you. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. We hope to see you both again.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We chose this resort because of all the great reviews. We were first time visitors to Jamaica. Upon arriving at the airport we looked for the shuttle to the Grand Pineapple and had a very long wait - next time we would just get a cab instead of paying the extra for the shuttle.

The personnel at the front desk were very welcoming and friendly with ice cold towels to cool off with and a glass of pineapple ginger juice. After checking in we went to our room and we were disappointed that it had two double beds. We cheerfully went back to the front desk to tell them of the mistake. We had booked eight months in advance – how could they possibly say that they did not have any king beds for us!!! We did get the opportunity to move to a room with a king size bed two days later but in the mean time we could not unpack.

The new room was wonderful – we even had a towel swan and orchids on the bed and orchids in the bathroom waiting for us. It was a much nicer room. Our housekeeper, Sharon, was very nice and she did a great job on our room each day.

We loved the quaint resort. The variety of food was good. We only have one complaint and that would be the bar service. With the resort being all inclusive they should ALWAYS have at least two servers behind the bar – too many times we went to get a drink only to have to wait up to 15 minutes standing there. I walked away many times frustrated that instead of taking our order the bartender turned his back on us and decided to wash the glasses, wash the blender. We started buying red stripes from the gift shop to sit on the beach with. Some other guests even brought their own with or went out and bought their own as well. This really needs to be fixed – I would say that the staff needs to have a day trip down to the Beaches and see how those bartenders treat the patrons. We paid to have a day with friends at the Beaches and were shocked at the friendly fast service at the numerous bars there. Hire some of those people!!!

We felt very safe with the security guards on the beach. Thanks Wade.

We also would recommend Moses for any glass bottom boat tours. Moses is the best.

Room Tip: Even when you book 8 months in advance you do not get a choice. Not sure why. All you can do is as...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ramandlam
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We just returned from Negril -- our first visit there. For the price, the Grand Pineapple Negril is a good value. We booked through Cheap Caribbean. If you want to relax, not have to think about where to eat, and just enjoy the beach this is an excellent location. The food and drinks are plentiful, but as mentioned in other reviews -- the liquor is not "top shelf" -- but I don't care. The buffet meals offer plenty of variety. We are vegetarians and had no issues with the offerings. The staff is excellent. I will not name them -- too many to list and I don't want to slight anyone. The staff will extend you every courtesy. The location of the resort is great since it is right on the beach (wonderful beach for walking) and next door to Alfred's. The resort offers entertainment on the nights that Alfred's is not. Reggae, Calypso, or Mento are all to be heard there. Just kick back, grab a beach chair in the shade, add a rum drink "Make My Day" and enjoy yourself. It's not a 4 star resort, but small enough to really enjoy and not get lost in the shuffle.

Room Tip: The Beachside Cottages are more convenient although walking across the street to the "garden si...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2-NJ-Zs

Thank you so much for your review. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a great time visiting our resort. Our beach is one of a kind in Negril and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much.We strive to offer the best in service with a friendly, relaxing environment and it’s great that this was the case during your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights before heading over to Beaches Negril for the remainder of our vacation. Chose this place based upon glowing reviews and I wish I could agree with them but I honestly have very little positive to say. This place is definitely not meant for kids.

Food was not good, rooms (especially bathrooms) left a lot to be desired, and service was spotty at best (although some of staff were very nice).

Even trying to get a beach towel was an issue, and it shouldn't be for a small establishment like this. No one seemed to care to help with the towels either.

"Security" at the beach was a joke. There was a local man roaming the beach trying to kick what I assume were stray dogs while nothing was done to stop him. Actually felt unsafe at times, especially with my kids there wondering why someone who be trying to hurt these dogs.

Feel like website made this place appear much better than reality. Go to Beaches, especially if you have kids.

Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank mijabrkr
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

We regret to hear that we did not meet quite your expectations for service and quality. We have many guests who feel the direct opposite and have boasted of our charming resort. However, as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review.

We are committed to the safety and security of all our guests and always want to create a family-friendly environment for our guests. We have reviewed our procedures and reminded beach security staff of the importance of being vigilant at all times.

We are always looking for ways to improve our resort to exceed the expectations of our clients. Since we are in a constant state of evolving our resorts and updating our amenities, I will be sure to send your feedback to the General Manager and relevant departments.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was one of the best 3 star beach resort we have been too. The staff super friendly all the time, the beach and the water was great. The food got a little old after a while, but the late night cheese and tuna sandwiches were worth it. Don't expect top Shelf or even middle shelf alcohol, their were plenty of nights they ran out of wine, but made sure they were restocked the next day. Whatever you do stay on the beach side, not the garden side. They kept the rooms clean, and Chantel was particularly careful to keep all my things in order. Also props to my main man Vinton in the bar, always great.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank David K
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

We really appreciate you posting about your fun time at Grand Pineapple Negril! Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and it is always our pleasure to serve.
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.