“I found my home away from home! ”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #26 of 81 Hotels in Negril
“I found my home away from home! ”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at the grand pineapple from 11/29 through 12/5. Normally I tend to gravitated toward the bigger resorts but I have to say what this resort lacks in size more than makes up for in character and warmth! We absolutely loved our stay at this resort. We stayed in the garden rooms. If you are having reservation about the walk across the street to get to the beach, DON'T. The crossing staff are always there to guide you safely across with a lovely smile. One of things I loved so much about this resort is the staff. They go out of their way to make sure you are having a great trip. Marsha at the front desk and the lady in the gift store (sorry I forget her name) went above and beyond assisting one of my friends because the airline lost her luggage. The chiefs Rohan and Orne always made wonderful and tasty meals and even made a few special request for us. The bar tenders Vinton, Ghavri, Sherita and Nicoy always kept our cups full and memorized our favorite drinks. Conrad always greeted us with a smile and gave us a special toast on my birthday. Again I can't begin to say enough about the staff. They are wonderful!
The location of this resort can not be beat! It is right snack dab in the middle if everything. Alfred's is right next door and has great food and live bands a few times a week. We were able to walk to the jungle one night and also walk to the shopping center to get gifts to bring home.
The resort is very clean and the beach is gorgeous! If you are looking for tour walked down the beach about a minute past Alfred and look for Capt Moses. He runs glass bottom boat tours and is very wonderful and professional. After telling him that I get seasick when while booking the trip he went to the store and bought me some medicine for seasickness before the trip. We went to explore the cliffs and see the jumpers at ricks cafe. If you're been to ricks before this tour will be nice because it allows you to see the divers from a different perspective.
All in all I absolutely loved this resort. I loved the staff and I loved the guest. We met sooo many nice people while we were there. I've been traveling for a few years now and try to not stay at the same place twice simply because the world is so large I want see everything. This the first place that I would consider coming back to. As a matter of fact I am planning my return visit right now.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Taalz1129
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a great vacation with us. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations and that for the first time you are planning to return to a place that you already visited. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Our friendly staff on resort do their best to make everyone feel at home. It’s good to hear that they made your stay even better. We look forward to your return.
Have a nice day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our stay was 12/8--12/13. A smaller resort than we usually book. I must say I was very pleased. The staff was professional, rooms were clean, food was wonderfully fresh and healthy! Loved my time there - can not wait to go back. Winston and the entire bar staff were so happy to take care of us. The grounds are beautiful, the sunsets will take your breath away and lower your blood pressure at the same time. Book your trip today.

Room Tip: ask for beach cottage
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vacaroll
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you had peaceful days at the resort. Sounds like the entire staff took good care of you during your entire stay. Thank you for your great review. We appreciate it and hope to see you again.
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We just stayed a week at the Grand Pineapple in Negril. The value is excellent for the package.
The lunches are super, dinner is good, breakfast can be to order or buffet.
The setting is gorgeous and what always matters most is the people.
All who serve are wonderful, smiling, generous people who make you want to come back to Negril and the Grand Pineapple, which I will do.

Room Tip: Choose a beachfront cottage. Do not choose the closest to the beach due to music that goes late int...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

where do I start? How about with a huge THANK YOU! To all but especially to Sigourney who greeted us at 10pm Saturday when we arrived, brought us dinner since we'd missed the buffet and took care of all our wedding details. My first visit to Jamaica I thought what a beautiful spot for my daughters weddings someday - little did I know at the time that I would return to share my own vows. The resort is quaint and perfect for a quiet relaxing getaway in paradise. From our spa treatment to candlelight dinner on the beach our day was perfect-even the sunset was unmatched. Our beachside cottage was comfortable and specially decorated for our wedding day. The staff is amazing - thank you to you all but especially Jaqueline who started our day with a smile every morning - you are a gem. If you are looking for somewhere with an amazing beach and perfect sunsets with the very best staff then you'll find it here. looking for somewhere stunning to say or re say your vows with carefree planning then Sigourney(who also happens to be the assistant manager) is who you want to count on. Soon come back!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dressler07
Thank you for your kind and great review. I'm glad you had such a amazing wedding and that we were able to share that experience with you. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. I'll be sure to send this post to our staff. They all will be happy to see your review. We hope to see you both again.
Matteson, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I spent November 29-December 5 at the Grand Pineapple Negril! We had an absolutely wonderful time. The rooms were clean, The service was awesome and The staff was fantastic. Marsha went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to assist one of my friends with recovering her luggage that the airline lost. Ghavri, Nicoy and Vinton were amazing bartenders. They soon learned what we each liked and always made sure to take care of us with a smile. We had a ball conversing with them at the bar. There are so many more names to list..... Jeffrey, Conrad, Sherita, Christopher, Rohan and I am sure that I am missing many many more! But rest assured that the ENTIRE staff rocks! It was our first time at the GP but definitely not the last. We are currently planning our second trip to this same resort. I cannot wait!

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank rmorrison18
I'm so happy that you and your friend had such a wonderful time with us. We want all our guests to have the experience of being in paradise and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create that experience for you. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and
relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff did just that. Thanks for start planning your second trip to the resort. We can wait to see you again.
Peterborough
Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a wonderful resort, it might be small but it is mighty big in personality. The staff make this resort what it is. There are so many wonderful people starting from the front desk staff, to the dining room, to the beach, to the bar, to the housekeeping, to the spa and everywhere else they are behind the scene. A great big smile and a hello by name was what we got every time we came across an employee. I would have liked to mention everyone by name who had a hand in making our vacation superb but I feel I would leave someone out, so Thank you every last one of you.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we will be coming back in November 2014. So look out Jimbo will be back.

Room Tip: Bring either an extension cord or power bar. Beach side more convenient to the bar and restaurant bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim A
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful stay with us. We’re happy to hear that our staff was able to showcase the true hospitality for which we are known. We strive to offer the best in service with a friendly, relaxing environment and it’s great that this was the case during your stay. We can't wait to see you in November!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stay at the Grand Pineapple in December 2013 and we loved it. The staff are all very kind and helpful. The food is okay. we had a beachside cottage about 25 m from the ocean. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.
We had a wonderful treatment at the spa.

The thing I didn't like during my stay was all the beach vendors who wanted us to buy anything from fruits to boat trips.

Room Tip: Garden side and the main building on the beachside is more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lilundberg
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. We hope to see you both again.