“Very good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Very good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We just stayed a week at the Grand Pineapple in Negril. The value is excellent for the package.
The lunches are super, dinner is good, breakfast can be to order or buffet.
The setting is gorgeous and what always matters most is the people.
All who serve are wonderful, smiling, generous people who make you want to come back to Negril and the Grand Pineapple, which I will do.

Room Tip: Choose a beachfront cottage. Do not choose the closest to the beach due to music that goes late int...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Polish first
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

where do I start? How about with a huge THANK YOU! To all but especially to Sigourney who greeted us at 10pm Saturday when we arrived, brought us dinner since we'd missed the buffet and took care of all our wedding details. My first visit to Jamaica I thought what a beautiful spot for my daughters weddings someday - little did I know at the time that I would return to share my own vows. The resort is quaint and perfect for a quiet relaxing getaway in paradise. From our spa treatment to candlelight dinner on the beach our day was perfect-even the sunset was unmatched. Our beachside cottage was comfortable and specially decorated for our wedding day. The staff is amazing - thank you to you all but especially Jaqueline who started our day with a smile every morning - you are a gem. If you are looking for somewhere with an amazing beach and perfect sunsets with the very best staff then you'll find it here. looking for somewhere stunning to say or re say your vows with carefree planning then Sigourney(who also happens to be the assistant manager) is who you want to count on. Soon come back!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dressler07
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind and great review. I'm glad you had such a amazing wedding and that we were able to share that experience with you. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. I'll be sure to send this post to our staff. They all will be happy to see your review. We hope to see you both again.
Matteson, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I spent November 29-December 5 at the Grand Pineapple Negril! We had an absolutely wonderful time. The rooms were clean, The service was awesome and The staff was fantastic. Marsha went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to assist one of my friends with recovering her luggage that the airline lost. Ghavri, Nicoy and Vinton were amazing bartenders. They soon learned what we each liked and always made sure to take care of us with a smile. We had a ball conversing with them at the bar. There are so many more names to list..... Jeffrey, Conrad, Sherita, Christopher, Rohan and I am sure that I am missing many many more! But rest assured that the ENTIRE staff rocks! It was our first time at the GP but definitely not the last. We are currently planning our second trip to this same resort. I cannot wait!

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank rmorrison18
I'm so happy that you and your friend had such a wonderful time with us. We want all our guests to have the experience of being in paradise and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create that experience for you. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and
relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff did just that. Thanks for start planning your second trip to the resort. We can wait to see you again.
Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a wonderful resort, it might be small but it is mighty big in personality. The staff make this resort what it is. There are so many wonderful people starting from the front desk staff, to the dining room, to the beach, to the bar, to the housekeeping, to the spa and everywhere else they are behind the scene. A great big smile and a hello by name was what we got every time we came across an employee. I would have liked to mention everyone by name who had a hand in making our vacation superb but I feel I would leave someone out, so Thank you every last one of you.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we will be coming back in November 2014. So look out Jimbo will be back.

Room Tip: Bring either an extension cord or power bar. Beach side more convenient to the bar and restaurant bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim A
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful stay with us. We’re happy to hear that our staff was able to showcase the true hospitality for which we are known. We strive to offer the best in service with a friendly, relaxing environment and it’s great that this was the case during your stay. We can't wait to see you in November!
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stay at the Grand Pineapple in December 2013 and we loved it. The staff are all very kind and helpful. The food is okay. we had a beachside cottage about 25 m from the ocean. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.
We had a wonderful treatment at the spa.

The thing I didn't like during my stay was all the beach vendors who wanted us to buy anything from fruits to boat trips.

Room Tip: Garden side and the main building on the beachside is more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lilundberg
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. We hope to see you both again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my first time in Jamaica and my sister chose this resort because of the beautiful beach! Indeed it is a gorgeous beach and resort! From the minute we arrived, we were greeted by Andrene (front desk) and she made sure we had a late dinner arranged for us. We could not get over the hospitality on arrival and we were sitting in the dining room and greeted by more friendly staff such as Alfonso and Rohan (the gem!!!) who brought over our delicious dinner!! Every staff member is really a gem, including Ovardo, Jacqueline, Conrad (he makes the best coffee liquor) Keton, Jeffrey, Sean, Ricardo, Bevan, Angela (head of housekeeping), Waynesworth, Kevin, Winston, Ghravie, Nicoy, Christopher. Also, the security staff including Avril, Wade, Angella. I couldn't get all their names but they made our vacation safe and greeted us with their warm smiles everyday!! The food is delicious as I looked forward to every meal!

Room Tip: Request for a cottage when booking! The rooms by the garden side are more quiet, and have a nice poo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank May S
Thank you so much for posting about your amazing birthday stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope to see you again.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband & I visited the Grand Pineapple in Negril, Jamaica from Nov.28-Dec.5/13 We were exceedingly impressed from the first contact with Front desk staff (Kerry & Marsha). Since our travel agent had obviously disclosed the fact that we were celebrating our Anniversary in Jamaica on Dec.1st, we were immediately given a COMPLIMENTARY Upgrade to a cottage from a previously booked Manor room. We were so impressed! Clive escorted us with our luggage to our lovely cottage on the garden side (Rm#10). The balcony was HUGE! The room, while slightly rustic, boasts a very comfortable 4 poster King size bed (even the pillows were great!). The rooms are a little smaller, but very cozy! I would suggest to create more space, the large armoire/tv stand be removed and the TV be mounted on the wall. The bathroom, while rustic was great. There was ALWAYS PLENTY of water, both hot/cold! We had one small problem with our shower head but that issue was quickly resolved by Ricardo....thanks for de-scaling it in such a timely manner! The pool is meticulously clean and well maintained by the watersports fellow Keton (he's a very nice man and we enjoyed many wonderful talks with him during our stay! Twice he enthusiastically took my husband out on the hobiecat).
The food and service is definitely 5 Star!!! Very, very tasty and on two occasions we were prepared something special by the Chef. Talbert and I'm sorry, I forgot the other gentleman's name. The Foodservice Staff at this resort are truly remarkable, as are the Wait Staff!!! One BIG THANKS to Martel, Toni-Amanda, Anna-Stacia, Jacqueline & Waynesworth and ALL of the Wait Staff in the Dining Room! Your commitment to excellence in customer service is remarkable! (never did we have to wait long for anything!).
The Housekeeping Staff (Sherene & Bevan) do a fantastic job and clearly take pride in their work! We enjoyed some very creative/unique towel art!!! Thanks ladies!

The security staff do an excellent job and there was never a time when we felt unsafe/uncomfortable. As well, the Taxi driver's are very nice and fairly priced!

Our only 2 criticisms are as follows:
1). I think the air conditioning units, while they work very well, need to be cleaned/sanitized as my allergies bothered me on a few mornings (but never when I was out of the room).
2). The bar doesn't provide Top Shelf liquor of any kind, which really isn't to be expected from a 3 star resort. I would suggest purchasing a bottle from the Duty Free if this is something that you desire. It would be nice if there was some top shelf liquor available at the bar, for a surcharge.

Hats off to the renown Captain Moses for a private glass bottom boat ride around the cliffs! He is well worth his price!!!

This property is EXCELLENT VALUE for the money and we will most certainly return!

Room Tip: If space and balcony/patio are your pleasure, choose either a Beachside Cottage or a Garden Cottage...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple