“My experience at GPBN - From okay to Fabulous!”

and 1 more site!
Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My experience at GPBN - From okay to Fabulous!

Check in:
My first impression -friendly staff but lack customer service skills.

Dining:
Food selection was good but could use some improvement. The staff was great specially Conrad (my fav waiter). They even got me my favorite fruit cake on the house!

Rooms:
My room was a bit small and i was surprised a fridge didnt come with the room but Mr. Pike was kind enough to provide one for free.

Housekeeping:
Need improvement - on the right track thou :).

Property
Well maintained.

Security:
The best on Negril, you feel safe around the clock~!

Beach:
Perfecto!

Beach staff:
Keyton -sports department - he is the best!

Wifi:
Again Mr. Pike offered complimentary wifi for a few days!

Overall:
Because Mr. Pike the hotel manager accommodated my requests i would go back to this hotel again. In the end, i had a great vacation with my little one! My only request is that they improve house keeping, check in and provide the same level of service to all their guests (i observed preferential treatment). Last but not least inform customers when they book that the garden view rooms are located across the street!

Thank you guys and see you in 3 months!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank apoloniae
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm glad you and your little one had such a fabulous vacation with us. We appreciate your feedback , it's always very important to know what our guests think. See you in 3 months!

There are newer reviews for Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a good time at Grand-pineapple. The resort is rather small, quite and the majority of the staff is friendly and helpful. We had issues with our rooms (no water)but thanks to the resort manager (Alexander) who resolved that after we complained directly to him and offered us a complementary upgrade. Great customer service. The beach is great, the food is good, the rooms are OK, housekeeping is good, nice entertainment ( couple of nights of live music), good activities on the beach (board, snorkel equipment and kayaks are free).
We took a boat trip to the sun set caffe where we jumped on the water from the cliffs, nice trip worth visiting!!
When you book garden view, note that it will be across the main road (the resort is split by the main road), which you have to cross with the help of the hotel staff every time you go between your room and the beach. No big deal!!
It is a bout 2 hrs drive from the airport, it depends on the transportation you take as large buses tend to stop at different resorts.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MagedHabashi

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to know that you had a good time at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We hope to see you and family again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you like small, intimate and quaint, this is the place for you! The room wasn't luxurious, but I went to Negril to spend time at the beach and seeing the sights---not to hang out in my room. The room was clean and comfortable though, and we had no problems with anything with it during our stay. The beach was AWESOME, and it was so easy to lounge on it most of the day! The water was warm and crystal clear, and aside from a few aggressive locals, it was great! The dining and bar staff were excellent! I can't say enough about them! Kevin, Orane, Waynesworth, Elliot, Ricardo, Conrad, Robert, and the bar staff, Vinton, Marvette, and a couple others' whose names I don't readily recall, were FANTASTIC! I also thought that the security was excellent, and a special thanks to Chadwicke and Lloyd for their kindness, concern and attentiveness! All of the staff, from point A-Z were the best!

I found that other vacationers were also very nice, and because it's a small resort, it was easy to get to know more than a few of them. I enjoyed the buffet style food, which ranged from authentic jamaican fare to a variety of other cuisines that were well seasoned and tasty. The bar drinks were also very good, and even when I didn't know exactly what I wanted, the bar staff would make me something special and delicious!

I really enjoyed my vacation at the Grand Pineapple, and plan to make a return visit in the coming year! :-)

Room Tip: The garden side of the resort was more quiet than the beachside, but I personally prefer the beachsi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Traycee W

Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril I'm glad that we were able to provide excellent service and excitement in your vacation with your friends. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. I will be sure to share your review with our General Manager and staff. They all will be happy to see your review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay at GP. I was traveling with a girlfriend and we had a ball. Most of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Conrad is THE man. He always gave service with a big smile and went above and beyond 100% of the time. Kevin, Robert , Wainsworth, Elliott and Ricardo were also great in the restaurant. There is only one buffet style restaurant but the food was very good. Thanks Chef Orane for your special touch. Marvette and Vinton were great at the bar and also very accommodating. Also always smiling. Security was great...shout out to Chadwick and Lloyd. The crossing guards also did a great job at helping you safely cross the street. The rooms are small but clean and adequate. We stayed in a beach cottage and didn't even notice the music coming from Alfred's. I think the front desk staff could have been a bit friendlier. After all they set the tone because that is the first impression you get when you arrive. I found the staff in the watersports area to be quite unfriendly. Towels ran out quickly (not the water staff's fault) and were never replenished until the next day. My only other complaint was that the bar ran out of some basic spirits and mixers on a daily basis. I would like to suggest they put some stools around the bar for people to sit. It would definitely increase the tips to the bar staff. Overall it was a great trip and would consider going back to GP.

Room Tip: Beach side cottages are great. Would definitely recommend that side.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank pedinurse44

Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We appreciate your feedback. It's always very important to know what our guests think. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my first trip to Jamaica July 2013 and I really debated about which city to stay. Decided on Negril due to the fabulous beaches even though its 1hr 20 min away from the airport in Montego Bay. I prefer beaches vs rocky cliffs near Kingston. When we got there it's a 3.5 hour direct flight from Dallas. Customs in Jamaica took about an hour. Then another hour to wait for a car rental. I would NOT rent a car! Cheapest rental place is Thrifty, but they are very slow and no computers. I would hire a taxi or a bus because the steering wheel is on the right, and you drive on the left side of the road. The road to Negril is very narrow, only two lane with no markings. It goes through several towns and people passed onto oncoming traffic! Tons of pot holes that you can't avoid! Just skip the car! I read lots of reviews about the bugs and to bring bug spray, which I did because I am a bug magnet. However, I only used it the first night and was fine without it. The hotel lobby staff was very nice and made us sit down and served pineapple juice. We were showed to our rooms which was #35 beach side cottage. That is a must! Do not get the garden side rooms. Do not get the manor rooms! it's across a very busy street and the food or bar is not close at all. The rooms reminded me of a motel 6. Not the nicest. So if you want luxury, this may not be the place for you. However, the beds are firm and very comfortable. I never had a problem sleeping. The window AC worked fabulous and the rooms were clean. Ladies, bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. There was body gel only there. Plenty of towels though and a room safe. There is only one bar and one restaurant, but I liked that! Neither were ever too busy. If you hate the mega resorts, you will love this place! I think there are 35 rooms total! Service is great! My favorite bar tender was Vintsom! He always had a smile on his face no matter how many frozen fruit punch drinks I ordered. The food was all buffet style, but it didn't taste mass produced. The food was pretty good. We don't eat sea food, and I was always able to find something to eat that was good. Great desserts!! Breakfast was amazing! The only gliche was no food after 10pm. After 2-6 you could order cheeseburgers, hotdogs, and grilled cheese and fries. The fries were yummy like McDonald's! No room service, but our room was so close I would grab a plate and take it back to the room. Yes I gained weight!! Security was very good. I enjoyed the beach hustling. If you didn't want anything you just had to say no a few times. Don't let them "give" you anything because nothing is for free there. Don't let them put anything in your hands either. Check next door with the Rasta Phillip, he gives great tours on his boat for snorkeling. Check out Rick's Cafe at sunset with Phillip! They had really expensive jerk chicken sandwiches but really good! Great time! The hotel also gives unlimited towels. They had paddle boarding, kayaking, and hobie cat for free. We walked to town for some souvenirs. Good prices! We also walked to Margaritaville, which took about 20 min. Lots of hustle over there. I felt safe the entire time we were there. Oh, the beach side can be a little loud with Alfred's bar next door. Friday night I think they blared their music til at least 4am. But i was still able to sleep :) Getting to the airport and checking in only took 2 hours. You don't go through customs in Jamaica leaving. I would totally stay there again at the Pineapple! Great experience! You could literally see through the turquoise water and sugar consistency sand. Beautiful sunsets! Great value at the Pineapple!

Room Tip: beach side a must & cottages only!! close to the beach and the restaurant/bar!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Webuyuglyhouses

Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I went for r&r. Stayed on the garden side cottage. Yes we crossed the road but this is no problem what so ever as they have crossing guards there to assist you. It is quiet except for the five peacocks that caw every few minutes. Some nights were quieter than others.
They need a cage, this is a recommendation to the management. The peacocks, as beautiful as they are, would actually deter me from visiting again. It's around a 200 foot frontage of beach on a narrow piece of property that is very long. No hassle over lawn chairs but they could use tables for drinks beside the loungers, as there are only 3 tables. Security is very good for solicitors, it is a public beach that people walk all the time. Mostly trying to sell you marijuana. Just say no thank you but they will keep bothering you. But you get use to it. I was worried about the one restaurant and it being outside. This was the best part of the resort, buffet style but with a specialty station at all meals. The food was very good and most of the staff very accommodating, some staff more energetic than others. There is a smoking and a non smoking section. But they let you do your own thing and are very helpful when needed. You can meet people all over the world, singles, couples or families, it was a nice mix. They have water activities as the snorkelling is good right there at the resort. July is their rainy season, sun in the morning until around 1:00 then cloudy and sometimes clear up. It was always overcast so we did not see a sunset. Our room was fine, the bathroom is dated but the bed was nice and comfortable. They have air conditioners for the rooms. It is humid but you get use to it. I walked the beach every morning and loved it. The beach is spectacular!! There are a lot of little businesses, some homes, small resorts, bars, restaurants along the 7 mile beach, but this adds to their ambiance. Some are shacks and the Jamaicans will talk to you, not to worry they are very respectful and a joy to talk to.
Overall it is a very charming place, with a solid staff. Even though it's an hour and a half bus ride from the airport in Montego Bay, I believe I would go back, I liked it that much. It had a cozy atmosphere you don't get at the palatial resorts, which we liked. There was never a hassle to sit, eat or play. We actually didn't want to leave, which is rare for us. If you like a smaller resort, I recommend you try it, you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Garden side cottages are quieter, except for the peacocks. Beachside is closer to the beach and res...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank WineTravelista
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in July. The GP is a very nice AI resort, The good is Buffett but very good. The grounds are immaculate . The staff is awesome. We had a beachfront cottage. The room was great . Security here is great , proby the best I've ever seen. Stop and see Courtney on the besch. He is a carver that hSd been there for 17 yrs. we showed him a cell ph pic of or dog and he made a carving for us. We made a friend for life with him. If you want to do an AI I reccommend the GP. It's a friend place that you won't get lost . If you decide to stay across the street, no worries. Security will hold traffic for you . My only complaint is the mixed drinks were to weak.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank honeybear63043
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We appreciate your feedback. It's always very important to know what our guests think. We hope to see you again.