“Nice small resort...on our next Jamaika-holiday we will go back to Grand Pineapple”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #24 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Ortisei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nice all inclusive Resort. The Service is perfekt, People are very nice. Rooms are very clean (we stayed on the garden side). Good Location because not far from downtown and from the places where every evening have Music and entertaintment. Good Food. Very clean. small Resort where you can feel like at home, a good athmosphere. It is small and so you will not stay the whole time in the Resort and so you can enjoy real jamaican livestyle also. Seasports very good and friendly staff. Tennis wos not available.
Nice place...If we will go back to Jamaika for sure we will go back to Grand Pineapple.

Room Tip: If you would like not to hear noise we recommend garden side because there are a lot of locals which...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank vdp38
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so glad that we were able to meet your expectation and make this an amazing experience for you. We hope to see you again.

Have a nice day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Polish first
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We spent May 12th-May 16th at the Grand Pineapple, Negril. First, if you are looking for big and fancy, this isn't it! This small resort makes up for it with staff that will do ANYTHING to make your stay perfect! Rooms were basic, but I was in Jamaica....who hangs out in their room?? Beach was breathtaking! Calm beautiful water. We met many wonderful people and had so much fun there. If you get to the Grand Pineapple, go see Phillip, one of the security guards. He has so much personality and is a load of fun to talk with. Also, if you are interested in glass bottom boats or a jet ski, go see Captain Jack...great guy! Hope we get back soon to this wonderful place!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Beachside Cottage and avoid having to cross the street to eat, go to the beach, and t...
8 Thank WisconsinJaegers
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your great and kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. We hope to see you again.

Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

we stayed beachside room 49 may 11 to 18
room is comfortable and clean maid service most excellent
beach is a short walk and its to die for pretty
joseph and Conrad made meals a pleasure
gp is in a great place on the beach there is lots to walk to on the beach in both directions
evenings 3 nites gp had music and if you stay up late there are two or three nearby places with great music
times sq shopping is a 5 min walk away ( atm there)
craft market is a longer walk or a quick cab ride
ricks café is a 10 min cab ride
the one love pub crawl is a must
we loved this place and will be back
dave and bonnie

5 Thank funfla33
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are so happy to read how much you enjoyed your vacation at Grand Pineapple Negril. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed them so much. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 wks 1st May to 15th at the Grand Pineapple Negril. first I'd like to say the whole holiday was enhanced by the excellent staff from the lad that cleans the beach to the manager Mr Alexander Pike,we smiled for 2 wks because every time you saw a member of staff they smiled at you,nothing is too much trouble for them,you just get a" no problem mon" lol. A special mention for Everett the gardens manager whose work we enjoyed so much (pic below) and don't miss Courtney the Carver on the beach----he's good .every one is so friendly,the food was very good and well cooked and the service from the staff was excellent,we have been thinking when was the last time we saw a resort manager and top staff eat in the same place as the customers that says it all for me because they know there's going to be no complaints. The beach was beautiful and the sea was like a pond , there is not much there for little kids to do ,although there were some there, its more for adults you can make it for relaxing time or living it up with Alfreds club next door for Reggae fans,its also in the middle of the strip so plenty going on for every one.We particularly enjoyed the reggae band that plays in the bar every other night the kitchen staff couldn't wait to finish work and join in singing dancing and telling jokes while they were wating for taxis home, especially Linval (I hope I've spelled it right) he's a very funny and clever guy with his tricks.I've got to stop now but I could be here all night there's so much to say about reasons to return to G P .So thank you Mr Pike and ALL your staff (special mention to Bevan) who did such a good job on our room,for making our stay at G P so good WE WILL RETURN. Thank you Don and Jean Powell.

4 Thank Bluebirdsfan70
Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly, and relaxing environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Have a nice day!
International Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Grand Pineapple, Negril was so much fun, relaxing and a must return year after year. I can't wait to get back to paradise again real soon!!! Definitely a must see. Staff was great and so polite. Everyone made you feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Kimineese
I'm so happy that you had such an amazing vacation with us. We want all our guests to have the experience of being in paradise and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create that experience for you. Our friendly staff on resort do their best to make everyone feel at home. It’s good to hear that they made your stay even better. Thank you for your great and kind review.
We hope that you return in a near future.

Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was at GP from May 4 to 12th 2013

This was my ninth visit to GP and like so many others, I was devasted when they closed only to be elated when they re-opened. For me, the GP is like home. I was happy to see a number of familiar faces such as Claudette in the Spa, and Jackie, Bethune and Joseph in the dining room.
Employees seem happy with the changes and so are more relaxed. Mr. Pike seems to be doing a good job in trying to insure everything runs well.

I am only able to give 3 stars for a couple of reasons:

The first room I was put in was no. 33 which I have stayed in before and was never a problem. This year I think Alfred's next door got a new sound system that literally shook the room with the base. After 3 nights of that I went to the front desk and said I was either sleeping in the lobby or I needed a room change. The next morning, I did receive a room change to number 41 which was much quieter. I am totally a beach person but next time I plan to stay on the garden side just to be away from the noise of Alfreds.

Another thing I found disturbing was that the day security guards were very lax in their duties. This seems to be a whole new crew from last year. One guard in particular hung out at the bar most of the day which resulted in the vendors coming right up to the chairs instead of staying at the water line. I also observed that security rarely asked guests who were taking a walk for their room number. Security on the beach doesn't seem to be anywhere near as conscientious as they have been in the past.

One evening, the night security guard was playing drums while waiting for the evenings performers to set up. I don't see how one can insure the beach is secure while the guard is playing drums at the bar.

Also on the security issue, at the time of my room change, my good watch a Seiko went missing. I thought it had fallen out in the safe of room 33 but security and front desk would not check with the new occupants of the room. Instead they took a detailed report and said if the new guests had found something surely they would have reported it. I was not at all happy with that response as I was sure that is where the watch was. I prefer to think it was my inattention in leaving it in the safe rather than it being taken by an employee. So I came home and my watch is still on vacation in Jamaica likely never to be seen again.

I will of course return to Grand Pineapple as I love the laid back atmosphere and the food and the beach and the employees. However, as much as I hate to say it, after nearly 40 years of travelling to Jamaica, I feel that I now need to take extra precautions with my personal belongings.

This is the first time since 1976 that I have been visiting Jamaica that any of my personal property has gone missing.

Sorry Alexander Pike, but this was not the greatest vacation. Even several years ago when I fell down the stairs was better.

Room Tip: I used to prefer beach side cottages but will be switching to garden side due to the noise on beach...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Marti3036
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I'm so sorry that your experience at our resort did not quite meet your expectations because of this unfortunate incident. As you may know, we take theft very seriously at our resorts and while it is not a regular occurrence, we still make the necessary provisions to ensure that there is not a repeat. The safety and security of our guests and staff are of the greatest importance to us and we continue to make every effort to ensure all practices and standards are in line with strict safety and security regulations.

We have reviewed our procedures and reminded our security guards of the importance of being vigilant and always present at their respective areas. Nonetheless, your comments have been passed on to our General Manager as well as our Operations Manager for further evaluation and action as needed.

We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to better serve you. It is truly an honor to have you visit with us each year and we will certainly ensure that your next stay is an amazing experience.

Cassie C.
Swan River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well this is a little late but my husband wrote a review and never was posted. As the trip is called number four as it was our fourth trip to the Grand Pineaple, We where so sad when we heard our little place had closed. Once we got the word it had reopened we just new we had to go back. We hoped it was still our little piece of heaven and I can say it is. We went March 23/13 and stayed our week, ten days would have been nicer. :) The staff was the best as always, from the front desk, to the bar, and the restarunt staff, and of course our trip guide. So help full. The food is always so great, every year we say we will go out and eat some of the local places and never seem to get away. We get there and relax ...... . We have taking diffrent trips every year, gone to the falls, rum trip,ricks, down the river,the island for lobster, swan with the dolphins. This year was the sun set cruise. Next trip I hope to go on the jungle hike. We plan another trip as soon as we can get away. Len and Linda

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Linda B
We are very grateful for your excellent review. After your great vacations at Grand Pineapple Negril, I know your fourth stay with us had a lot to live up to and I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.