“So much fun in February - July trip is already booked!!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Words can't explain how awesome this resort is! From the moment of arrival, front desk staff is friendly and made sure we had our beach front cottage as requested! The rooms are small but quaint..and a little porch for you to sit at your leisure. Your in Jamaica.......the room should be the last of your worries. We arrived on my mothers birthday and thanks to all the lovely staff, the celebation lasted for 8 days! Conrad one of the managers was awesome and made sure we had our wine every nite, even when they ran out! Mar Mar and her cutie coworker, cant remember his name, worked the bar during the day and we never had to wait for our beverages. Jamaican Rum and pineapple juice! My fav drink of the week. Red Stripe, wine and other fruity cocktails were also available. The food was great. Not too much like the high end resorts...They serve great food with a nice variety.. BEACH BEACH BEACH...the best part of the resort. Your on the 7 mile beach...nothing else to say but STUNNING! Big Mike one of the locals greets you with a smile everyday. Ricordo from the resort had our towels on our chair everymorning with a flower! He is a gem :)) Dont be worried about locals....no one offered us drugs....instead it was fresh fruit, lobsters and home made beef or chicken patties. Doesnt hurt to buy anything from them.....respect them, they will respect you. A simple YES or NO is all you need to say! If you want to feel the culture of Jamaica...look no further. Pineapple Beach has everything you need and more. The chef James who is no longer there, as well as everyone else from the kitchen staff, will prepare just about anything you want from the grill...Courtney the carver is there daily to carve or make anything you want!!! His work is awesome..There was a local named Sugar who took us to Ricks Cafe for $20 roundtrip....he will wait or come back, whatever you want! There are "No Worries" in Jamaica....My 10th time there and cant wait to go back in July. If you want to kick off your shoes, relax and see a beautiful sunset every evening.....you must go to Pineapple Beach Resort. Although I am unable to name everyone at this resort, I cant express how wonderful the staff is.....ALL OF THEM were wonderful and catering to my mother and I......Keep in mind when your there...the beach is the place to be. Beach parties......Jamaican food.....Alfreds next door is a cool spot to chill and relax! No need to leave the resort or wear shoes! You can have your feet in the sand your entire vacatioin!! Doesnt that sound too good to be true! Its not......this was the best vacation I have been on and July can't come soon enough............Miss all of you at Grand Pineapple and "soon be back" :))))))

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting the Beach Front Cottage.....close to the beach!! Never saw the pool....Y...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lori B
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for posting this great review. I’m delighted to know that your mother had such a wonderful stay and memorable birthday trip! At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff did just that. It will be a pleasure to see you again in July. See you soon!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Pineapple for the first time Feb.28-Mar.5. It was a birthday gift to myself and I couldn't have been more pleased. The greeting when stepping from the shuttle made me feel at home right away and you can't beat the location!

Check in: Quick and efficient. Marsha took care of me with a pleasant smile and informed me that my room would be available in 10 minutes. She then escorted me to the bar while pointing out where my room would be. Shortly after my first beverage she came and took me to my room.

Rooms: Room was nice, clean, quaint and cool. I loved the charm of having a sitting area all my own where I could enjoy the beautiful tropical scenery. The bed was very comfortable to me because I took a quick refreshing nap but awakened in time to enjoy the first sunset.

Dining: Dinner was delicious every evening as was lunch in the afternoon. I only made breakfast a couple of times and it was good as well. The staff is amazingly attentive and friendly. (I hope I get her name right!) Annisia, Jackie, and Nicholas made each dining experience very pleasant. Hard working and always smiling!

Bar: My plan was to try something different each time I ordered. That was a little challenging because once you try a drink they are so good you'll want another! Oh I'm bad on names when drinks are involved but Tenice? and Ghavri I remember but there were a few that I'm drawing a blank. They were ALL wonderful though and excellent in their bartending.

Beach: Perfect lazy spot. # of my five days had rough seas so watersports were not an option. No problem. Plenty of chairs and sun. I've seen some complaints about the locals trying to sell goods to patrons. Security was there all of the time and if they miss someone just tell them 'No thanks'. It may take a couple of times but it really wasn't a problem.

Watersports and Tours: I wanted to take a sunset cruise Sunday March 3rd for my birthday but when I walked into the Island Routes shed on the beach Randeno informed me that I had missed it on Thursday (the day I arrived). He was a character and added a lot of laughter to my trip! I didn't do any tours this time around but I won't forget Island Routes anytime soon! Also, I cannot swim but wanted to get in the water. I went in for a bit and he went to get Jeffery from watersports to make sure I didn't panic. It helped and Jeffery was one cool dude!

Nightlife: There isn't much activity on the property so you're either going to have to be your own party or you will venture off to other places in the area. There was live music one night while I was there but I often miss things after dinner (nap before going out!). As stated before I arrived on Thursday which is ladies night at The Jungle. One of the BEST things about the location of GP is it's in walking distance to every place I frequent while in Negril except for Rick's! So I walked to the Jungle, Alfred's is right next door, Bourbon Beach and Roots Bamboo are also close by! Perfect, unless you REALLY drink a lot! ;-)

Overall, this was probably the best trip I've had out of the 8 times I have gone to Jamaica. Great vibe, great location and great people! I feel I got more than my money's worth. And a plus was seeing the general manager daily having lunch in the dining area with the rest of us and not stashed away in some stuffy office. That says a lot about him and how he wants his guests to feel while visiting. So Kudos to you Alexander Pike! No doubt I will return to the Grand Pineapple on my next trip to home away from home!

Room Tip: The garden side was across the road and I never got to see it. I was told it was quieter there. Room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank MissNat

Thank you so much for posting about your amazing stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so glad that we were able to make your trip and birthday so wonderful. It´s great to know that we were able to meet your expectation and make this an incredible adventure for you! Come back to your second home soon! :-)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at GP 2/16 to 2/23......relaxed, clean, efficient and staff so friendly and genuine. Yes, if you want 'fancy, you will be disappointed, but rooms are super clean, A/C works well, food is ample and good for trying regional Jamaican fare....lots of veggies, chicken, pork, fruit-- though not a huge amount of seafood.

You can't beat the bar-excellent drinks made to your specifications, beer was Red Stripe on tap and always refeshing on a warm beach. The beach is not huge (apparently a hurricane swiped some depth from the beach) but it's fine for the size of the resort, and enough chaises for all. You cannot beat the beauty of the water--pristine and glorious. Hated to leave-the staff is really that dear. Oh well, here's hoping a return to the Grand Pineapple is in our future...I know we met many resort returnees for whom a trip to GP was an annual or semi annual event--yah mon!

Room Tip: we stayed in beachside manor--close to the road but not bad, and I am a light sleeper. Wanted to be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lizmariecat

We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Grand Pineapple Negril! Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and it is always our pleasure to serve. We are so happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Enjoy your day.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I loved Grand Pineapple! This was my fifth trip to Negril, and my third solo trip. Previous trips were to Sandals and Beaches Sandy Bay (no longer in existence), both of these are on the north end of the beach and away from the main area. Grand Pineapple is right in the middle of the 7 mile beach, so IMHO the location is perfect especially if you like to walk the beach as I do. If you walk the beach you will be asked to buy things but a no thanks works (most of the time, some vendors will keep asking, so just keep saying no thanks and eventually they will give up) - after a couple of days they will recognize you and quit asking. If you don't like to walk you can stay on the beach at Grand Pineapple and their security will keep the vendors at the shoreline unless you are interested in talking to them, so you can just sit back and watch the cast of characters stroll by.

The rooms are simple but very nice and always clean, with a balcony if you get a cottage room. Grand Pineapple is right next to Alfred's so there will be music several nights during the week which you can hear from the beachside rooms - never kept me up, but if you need absolute quiet to sleep the gardenside rooms might be a better choice.

The food was very good, especially considering there is only the one buffet (I wasn't sure what to expect). The beachside barbeque night was outstanding - they set up the tables on the beach, with tiki torches along the water - just beautiful. There is also only one bar, but there was never a problem with waiting while I was there (and the resort was full) - and the drinks were great!! They also had live music at Grand Pineapple 3 or 4 nights while I was there which was very good, in fact the one guy was awesome - better than some of the pre-headliner bands I saw at Roots.

If you have small children this might not be the best place especially if you are looking for a kids camp/nanny type of thing - there were not many children there while I stayed and I don't think there was a kids camp.

All in all I would definitely recommend Grand Pineapple to both couples and singles - I met some great folks staying there from Germany, England, Canada as well as the US. And the Grand Pineapple staff is the best - warm, friendly, helpful - and because the resort is small they get to know you by name.

Room Tip: If loud music bothers you choose a gardenside room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Kathy12398

Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm so glad that we were able to meet your expectations and make this an amazing experience for you. It's great to know how much you loved your stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

What an easy going time. Upon arriving you're accosted by a good number of drug dealers. It's not a problem. Simply be honest and tell them you don't smoke and thanks for the offer. (You will learn that is part of the Negril lure. You will see many small bars with people ranging from their 20's to 50's smoking. Not a big deal. In fact it's kind of cool in a way. Everyone leaves everyone else alone.)

I went by myself to catch a break from life and to do what I wanted / when I wanted.

Beautiful almond trees to lay under to read a book and nap. Beautiful calm water to float on and take in some rays.

Each afternoon I would jog up to Beaches gym to work out then job back before sun down. Grab a beer and sit on the lifeguard chair and watch the sun go down. (One afternoon another guest (Mikhail/Michael) came with me. Fastest sprinter I had ever seen !)

Dinner time / evening was so cool and laid back. I would grab a dinner plate and sit out on a couch, eat, and stare out into the ocean. Afterwards, a group would play pool.

All the guests that I met were VERY classy as were all the hotel staff. Everyone knew just how much to engage each other on a vacation.

My one recommendation : Don't bother going out at night to any of the bars. Mostly hookers. Hang out at your hotel and just chill.

To Mikhail for his ultra-fast speed and pool shooting and to the 3 ladies from England who I think must have been on a holiday from a stand-up comedy tour. Wit, charm and one-liners added to my enjoyable vacation.

Again, if you're into total relaxation : Stay right at the hotel. Chill out.

I will be there again next year to do it again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank RJMurph

Thank you so much for your review! Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends in June 2012, they were closed later that summer but they just re-opened!!!

This was my first time in Jamaica and I had the time of my life here, in part because this was such a nice resort. The resort itself is on the smaller side compared to some of the larger mega resorts on 7 mile beach. Overall this is a great all inclusive for the price.

Location
GP is on 7 mile beach, thought the resort is split with half being on one side of the street (facing the beach) and the other half on the other side of the street. There are crossing guards there 24 hours to stop traffic and help you get across (thought there was rarely much traffic). The dining area and front desk are on the beach side of the resort, while the pool and other guest rooms are on the other side. GP is walking distance to lots of good local restaurants, street food vendors, and the Jungle Club. There's also a shopping center within walking distance to pick up souvenirs and other local stuff.

Rooms
The rooms were basic but good, AC and safe's in all the rooms. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean and the rooms on the pool side have a patio or balcony (and they're cheaper).

All the meals are served in single open air dining area that is buffet style. Breakfast and dinner are the best meals...lunch was always hit or miss, but I took that opportunity to check out some of the local restaurants nearby or grab some jerk chicken from one of the street vendors. But overall the food at GP was great.

Staff
The staff was amazing and was one of the best things about the resort, from the staff at the front desk to the serving staff, to the bartenders, to the water sports staff...you couldn't ask for a better resort staff...especially the bartenders!

Beach
The beach is great with plenty of lounge chairs and security to keep the occassional vendors from coming too close to the property and bothering you (7 mile beach is a public beach).

Water Sports
All the water sports take place at the Sandals resort down the road (Sandals owns GP) there's a water sports desk at GP where you can sign up for everything and they arrange transportation to Sandals. I did snorkling...the process was smooth and I had a great time.

Pool
The pool area is nice and the pool is fairly big and goes up to about 8 feet I think, it's on the other side of the property opposite from the beach. There was rarely anyone in the pool. So if you're going with a group you can almost always have the pool to yourself as my friends and I did...even had a pool party one night.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side by the pool...you'll have to walk across the street to get to the beach a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Ron W

Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you and your friends had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at a small boutique resort, and to be honest, we were a little disappointed when we arrived. We went in February 2013, soon after the resort re-opened. We expected the resort to look a lot newer, assuming that it was re-opening after renovation. But it looked like it literally just re-opened, without any work done.

We originally booked a beach side manor, but were told upon check in that we'd be put in a suite instead. We were naturally delighted to hear this news. But when we got into the room, I began to worry that it maybe way too close to the road, and way too noisy for a good night sleep. We requested a room change but was told that no other room was available.

The suite itself was very spacious. There's a big living room area with a tiny TV that we never used. The bedroom has a big king size bed with a decent size TV, looking towards the road. Everything looked clean, if a bit dated and old. We had a problem with the bathroom sink faucet, which was quickly fixed by a staff by cleaning the spout. My wife had no problem with the room, but me being a light sleeper, had problems getting good sleep due to the loud AC and the traffic outside. This should be easily solved with ear plugs. They will help even if your room is away from the road, because the frogs make very loud noises at night.

We took a walk across the road over to the garden side and it seems to be a more quiet area. We were offered to switch there on the second day, but we decided to stay because the beach side is so much more convenient being closer to the beach and the food (with the traffic it's actually quite a hassle to cross the road). Also, we could see that all the other regular rooms are so much smaller than the suite. So we decided that trading the convenience and size for the noise was worth it.

Compared to other big scale resorts, there's definitely less selection of food. But we find that the quality is actually better. There's actually no food waiting for you outside of the breakfast, lunch and dinner times, but you can request to have a burger or grilled cheese made for you in the afternoon. On one night a BBQ dinner was served on the beach (with live entertainment), which we found was quite a unique experience.

As I mentioned above, the resort was supposedly full during our stay. But even so, it was easy to find a couple of chairs on the beach to relax (not easy with big resorts). The location of the resort offers an unobstructed view of the sunset (probably true of all resorts along the seven mile beach). Whenever we left the resort (for snorkeling, walking to Times Square (10-min walk), etc), security would jot down our names and room #, I'm guessing for our safety.

The resort offers various watersports for free. If you're interested in going out with the little catamaran, do it as soon as it's available. We waited until our last day and were not allowed on it because the rescue boat was out of order.

The longer we stayed at the resort, the more we grew to like it. It's not easy for compare this resort with other big resorts as they offer a completely different experience. But if you've always stayed in big resorts, this place is definitely worth a try.

Room Tip: If staying on the beach side, ask for a room away from the road, or just bring ear plugs. Beach sid...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Victor_35_Countries
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We hope to see you again.