“Great Place, awesome location”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Crestview, Florida
“Great Place, awesome location”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'm re-writing this as the review page went away with the closing of GP..but I'm so happy to see they are reviving this wonderful refuge for it's fans. My wife and I are no strangers to Jamaica, but spent the last 5 trips at the ultra high end all-inclusives, and while the amenities here are few, all of your needs are met and a wonderful staff takes care of them. The food is buffet every meal, with one bar, one dining option, but it's all you need. The location is perfect...and a long walk in either direction down the beach is an awesome time. Courtney the wood carver is the best I've ever met, Ghavri, Andrew, O'Neil....all great barkeeps...the cottages are cozy, and this property is a great jumping off point for those that want to see more Jamaica, and less hotel..nice and small, and you don't feel intimidated to leave the property as there is so much to do/see nearby...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank NautiBoy
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. I´m very happy to see how much you enjoyed your stay at the resort. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Enjoy your day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Polish first
alberta
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Really great resort. More then i expected. very good value for the price. The beach is amazing and good selection of food. Make sure to get a room on the beach or you will be across the road.

I have not been back since the name change but you cant go wrong with the 7 mile beach

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Lovesjamaica
Thank you for your review. It's very encouraging when guests post about how good our service was. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope to see you again.

Enjoy your day!
Flesherton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have been to the Grand Pineapple Negril twice Dec 2011 and June 2012 and were so happly to hear of the reopening on Dec 15 2012 after a short closier. We loved the size, 68 rooms, for the ability to meet others and to really get to know the staff on a one to one basis. They are tbe best on the island !!! We love the beach and the locals doing their thing as part of our experience of the true Negril. The resort is a 45 min walk to the town of Negril which we did twice a week for a beer at a local bar, very interesting to say the least. You can get local carvings from my good freind Courtney the carving machine, by the way Courtney my boys loved theirs signs we brought back for them. A special shout out to our dancing girl Patrina !!!Bethune, Marvette with her loving smile in the morning,Kerry-Anne,Hycinthe, Joseph my main man with the wine and smiles, Gary and Nadine the best bar staff on the island, Andrew and Kenell, and last but not least Jacqueline who put a shape of a heart made of red pedals on our breakfast table on ou last morning which brought myself and my wife to tears. We miss you all so. Have a very Merry Christmas and we will see you soon !!!

Room Tip: I would choose a Beachfront Cottage, close to everything, food bar beach .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank FleshertonFranklin
Thank you so much for your great and kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril. It has been a pleasure having both of you as our guests twice. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. We hope to see you again for a third time.
Enjoy your day.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed at the GP several times and there is no other place in Negril I would stay. It may be small but that is what makes it perfect. The staff will know your name by day 2 and are always happy to see you. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the food is outstanding.

I wish I could keep the GP my very own little secret, but that would be selfish. Other people should know what a great place this is. Every time I've gone I end up making friends from other countries or meet other repeat guests.

Having so many repeat guests to this place should tell you something. WE LOVE IT HERE!!. If you don't believe me check out the GP pages on FB.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank GrnEydSher
Sharon, Vermont
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This resort is the best place for single parents or Couples with teen children that want to have a good time, lots of laughs and meeting new friends and great employees that always have a smile Hycinth I am glad your back love your omelets and Chavri love the drinks Bob Marley friendly

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank RaySilvia
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 13, 2003

I booked a room at Sandi San Beach Resort to surprise my wife with a tropical vacation for two. The room sure was a surprise. It looked nothing like what was shown on-line. Dirty and not very well maintained. If you got a room with an airconditioner the ceiling fan didn't work. Also the maids took clothes and personal items from our room. One would stand at the door as lookout while the other would go through our things. My wife's favorite skirt and top were stolen. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Also I'd recommend not paying for a room in full until you see the room first. We loved Negril and the people. Next time we will stay in one of the bigger Hotels.

14 Thank Mark1207