“Wow. It's not what you go to JA to eat.... But...”
Review of Ahhh Bees - CLOSED

Ahhh Bees
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hands down the most succulent Burgers in Jamaica! All are freshly homemade with local ingredients and produce.Home to the Burger that Bites back!Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Philadelphia, PA (suburbs)
“Wow. It's not what you go to JA to eat.... But...”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have had Ahh Bees before when he was in his old spot, and most have gone on an off day, as I did not much care for it. This years trip, I ate there four times, and I am craving it now that I am home.

Aubie has moved into what was formerly Alice's Restaurant for those familiar with that part of the west end. It's a much larger location, and has some amazing potential in my opinion. He has an uncovered and covered area for seating, and room for a goodly crowd if the place really takes off.

Let's get to the burgers. Flat. Out. Amazing. Honest to god, I have not had a cheeseburger that good... Ever. I like hamburger well done, and often end up with dry meat as a result, however, even with my preference for a well done burger, it was extremely juicy and flavorful. It was also HUGE. I am a big guy, and have an appetite to match. Most times, I could not finish the burger... With a side, it would easily be enough for two people.

I had a chicken burger once, and ordered it spicy. I paid for this mistake later, as it was definitely spicy. Next time, I will know that my American taste buds may not be as ready for real,spicy as I think they are... Hot, hot, hot, but very tasty,

Finally, the proprietor himself is not only an interesting conversationalist, he is a great source of information on local happenings and gossip. I sat down with him and a few other guys while waiting for one of my burgers one evening, and I felt like I was an instant part of their conversation. One of the most comfortable places I've been to on the island... A real Jamaican "no problem" experience.

Please, please give this guy a shot. You don't go to Jamaica for cheeseburgers, but these are not your typical burgers. This is a gastronomical delight which should not be missed. I know it will definitely be on my return to locations come next years trip.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Hussyband

Portland, Oregon
“Best burger in Negril”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Holy smokes! What an awesome burger. Ahbee is really nice as well. Make sure you grab a couple Red Stripes because this burger packs a punch! As Ahbee will tell you, "My son says its the burger that bites back."

Visited November 2013
1 Thank TimboPDX
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ahhh Bees is ahhh some!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect of a burger place in Jamaica. From the reviews I thought it would be good but not mind blowing, as I have visited lots of great burger spots in Chicago. I couldn't have been more wrong. The Aubie burger was unbelievably good. It was freshly made, juicy, flavorful, perfectly cooked, and HUGE. I have been craving another one ever since we left. Don't miss the chance to have one if you are there.

• Visited November 2013
Clayton, North Carolina
“Best Burger”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ahh Bee makes a huge burger. They are not only beef, but he makes a fish, chicken and veggie burger.

Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best chicken burger I ever had and I eat a lot of them!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

When visiting Negril, Jamaica you can only eat so much Jerk Chicken. You need not go further then Ahhh Beee's located on West End Rd across from Tensing Pen, for the best chicken burgers and hamburgers. The owner, Abie, cooks them up fresh right on the spot. Comfortable atmosphere, we ate there twice. Highly recommended to anyone that needs a hamburger or cheeseburger fix.
Good eating from Victor and Michelle from Utah.

• Visited October 2013