“Just like staying with family”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Negril
BostoN
“Just like staying with family”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Just after booking Travellers for Spring Break, we saw a few pretty bad reviews on TripAdvisor. We considered booking a different hotel but didn't care to go through the hassle - and I'm so glad we didn't!! We had such a great time staying at Travellers. The staff knew us all by name and they did everything to accommodate us. One of our rooms was even upgraded from superior to standard, just because!

Some of the nicest and friendliest people I've ever met work at Travellers. The ladies at reception were especially sweet, every time we entered and left the lobby they always said, "hello (or goodbye) my dears!" Winston, the owner, ran into us when we first arrived and he introduced us to all the staff that walked by and informed us of all the events going on throughout the 8 days we stayed there. There was karaoke and movies almost every night. There is also a dance club on-site.

I was especially impressed by the owner's community efforts and his dedication to philanthropy. He is working on building libraries across Jamaica and you may donate money to this charity by purchasing a brick that will be used to build the library.

Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable, adequate and welcoming place to stay. They definitely made us feel at home!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cayman
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My partner and I stayed for 10 days and had the best time. Our room was nice and clean with AC and TV. We had a nice balcony with view to the gardens. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The bar and restaurant was fabulous and we ate there most of the time. My boyfriend and I walked to town several times, very safe.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants an affordable and fun place to stay. The real island feel.
Negril is very relaxing and Travellers Beach was Fabulous!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Osage, MN
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Traveller's beach resort is the best place to stay on the island. The rooms and grounds are so well kept. The service at the bar was fantastic. Highly recommend pineapple dacaries and rum punch. The food was nothing short of amazing. And to top it off the staff is just incredible. We enjoyed karaoke, a beautiful pool, lots of foliage, a disco on the top floor, and a nice clean beach to relax on. There's lots of entertainment right at your fingertips; an outdoor pool table, ping pong table, and an exercise facility. We walked up and down the beach most days we were there exploring other bars and resorts and we were always glad that we made reservations at Traveller's. Would recommend to anyone traveling to Negril to stay at Traveller's Beach Resort.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Round Lake, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed at the Travellers Beach Resort in Negril from Febuary 8th until Febuary 12th. We arrived just after sunset because some obnoxtious trashy American female who had too much to drink on the flight and picking up beers on the way out of customs for the ride to Negril needed to stop for a restroom break where she proceeded to get more drinks on the way back to the van. After listening to her ramble every time we went through a town about how these people live like animals in such squalor, the driver had enough and drove the van like an Indy Car the rest of the way to Negril, where he dropped her and her husband off at Hedo II. After arriving at our hotel, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. We got shown to our room and after unpacking we had dinner at the hotels restaurant and went to bed as the previous night we were in Vegas for the Super Bowl. The next morning we awoke to a resort that is right on a beach with amazingly soft sand, beautiful blue warm ocean water, a free form pool with swim up bar and waterfall, and grounds that were spotless. Everyone working there was extremely friendly and attentive. Security was excellent and after seeing them come out of nowhere when a beach vender sold a concert ticket to a guest having breakfeast on the deck overlooking the beach, my mind was completely at ease about safety. This is a locally run hotel and I would rather see my money go to a privately owned hotel than an all inclusive. Our room was cleaned spotless every day. The furniture and bedding was basic, but for 72 dollars a night you are not going to get a Ritz Carlton and I did not expect one. I also did not expect just how helpfull and friendly the staff was and how nice they were to me and my wife. This place was just what we needed. There are many resorts with restaurant/bars right on the beach with live reggae music almost every night of the week. If you want the true Jamaican vacation this place is so much better than being locked into an all inclusive. I would and will come and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Always moving...
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We were recommended this hotel by a friend who also happened to be in Jamaica at the time. We spoke to the owner, who was very friendly. We stayed in one of the bungalows, there was a problem with the sink, it was coming away from the wall, but it was fixed straight away, the service was excellent and staff very friendly. Food at the hotel was good, and it's a convenient location too. Access to beach os ok, they don't have much space in front of the beach, but that wasn't a problem for us.

I was had a massage at the hotel, and would definitely recommend, felt wonderful after!

What i liked best: the staff, very helpful and friendly

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Queens NY
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Over the years I’ve stayed at numerous resorts in Negril but I’ve found a second home at Travelers. As a returning guest I’m greeted with “Welcome Home” at check-in, and seeing familiar faces year after year is very comforting. Located along Negril’s world famous “7 Mile Beach”, everything I need is at my fingertips or in walking distance. Equipped with a brand new pool, Jacuzzi and waterfall, a full service bar and restaurant, fitness center, and internet café I didn’t have to leave the resort. The management and staff will do whatever it takes to accommodate the guests, which is very important to me. My friends and family have memories that will last a lifetime, not to mention how funny it was to hear my dad singing Karaoke! There is truly something for everyone at Travellers no matter what your price range is.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I have been going to Jamaica on vacation for the past 24 years. I have stayed at many different places during this time, but Travellers Beach Resort is without a doubt my favorite resort in Jamaica. The proprietors, and the staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They all really make you feel at home at Travellers. The beach is beautiful, the food and the location is excellent. At Travellers you have the privacy and security of staying at the real expensive resorts, but you still have the freedom to experience the "Real Jamaica". What I mean by that is that you come and go as you please,, set up your own tours and pick and choose whatever you want to do and where you want to go. The staff at Travellers will assist you and you will be so pleased. The accomodations vary, from cute garden side bungalows or hotel rooms, to beautiful suites recently added on. The pool is beautiful, and the roof top banquet facility has a breathtaking view of the ocean and the sunset. Enjoy the glass bottom boats, scuba diving, parisaling, jet skiing, and walk the 7 mile beach or walk the Norman Manley Blvd. but either way you have access to many resturants and beach party bars. You have the freedom here to enjoy....... "The Real Jamaica".

Dale Carbone

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ddale46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
CocoLaPalm Resort
#11 of 81 in Negril
Negril Tree House Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Travellers Beach Resort? Share your experiences!