“Perfect getaway!” 4 of 5 stars

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #18 of 88 Hotels in Negril
“Perfect getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Travellers! I decided to go as a treat to myself as an early birthday gift and its the best gift ive ever bought myself! The staff were very wonderful and accommodating from the start. I purchased the living social deal and was able to call and set up my reservation and airport transport without any issue. When we arrived they were very welcoming and got us checked in right away, they even got us umbrellas since we arrived in the middle of a rain storm. Our room was nice and clean, we were on the second floor so the view from the balcony of the gardens was beautiful. Our deal came with daily breakfast and everyday I was impressed by the selection at the breakfast buffet. Each meal I ate at the resort was delicious but it was nice to have the option to eat out at a few local places. I saw some complaints about beach chairs and towels but I must say we didn't have an issue any day getting good chairs and towels to lay out with. The staff were super friendly during our stay, helping us set up excursions and keeping people away when we were relaxing on the beach, If nothing else it felt a little over protective but I appreciate their desire to look after their guest. I appreciate the fact that they had activities set up just about every night so we were able to grab a drink and enjoy time at the resort before going out and doing other nightlife things in the area. The only complaint (though very small) I would have is that we had issues with our toilet and light in the bathroom and one night it was extremely late when the issue happened and having to get fully dressed to walk to the desk since there are no phones in the rooms isn't ideal.

Room Tip: Second floor room was ideal!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
La Toya we do appreciate your kind comments. You seem to have captured the very best of Travellers in your review. Our team endeavours every day to provide a comfortable and safe environment for our guests. I do hope we will be able to welcome you home again very soon.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wow! Is not even close to the wonderful stay I had at Traveler's three weeks ago. I have no idea why I had not stayed here before then. Moving forward this will be the resort I will stay. I loved my room #37, the staff was great, the activities was wonderful & the waiter at the restaurant was just fabulous!

Room Tip: Higher floors nice view.
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ChalaganHeartbeatJA
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
What a great start to my day reading your review as I sit in our restaurant by the Caribbean Sea enjoying my Blue Mountain Coffee. Such a quiet and calm morning here today; the sea is like glass with a few early bird swimmers out there. Tough job I have right? Thank you for your kind words and our five bubble rating. We are so happy you found us and that we will be your hotel of choice when you return to Negril. Room 37 is one of our newly renovated standard category rooms. Guess it has your name on the door now! The entire Travellers family looks forward to welcoming you home again very soon. Best wishes.......and thank you again for your review.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Travellers Beach Resort is right on the beach. It has a great restaurant and the loveliest staff I’ve ever come across.
What makes this hotel so wonderful is the staff. When we arrived we were told our room was not ready. We decided to go to the hotel restaurant to eat while we waited. The manager, Howard led us to the restaurant and told us to enjoy ourselves, because dinner was on him. The restaurant served delicious Caribbean food overlooking the calm sea. What a great start to our stay!
This warm hospitality did not end there – the manager made us feel at home every single day we were there, and we noticed he treated all the guests the same way. The rest of the staff was just as kind and warm and helpful too. We felt like they were happy we were there, and they wanted us to have the best experience possible. I can’t wait to stay there again!

3 Thank SRTraveller2014
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments, much appreciated. I am glad myself and our team were able to make your stay enjoyable. I certainly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know you and look forward to seeing you next time you come home to Jamaica. Am sure once the Canadian winter takes hold you will be thinking of Travellers and the blue Caribbean Sea! Take care and see you soon....
Howard
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This review is long over due. I had my Wedding at the resort last November (2013) with 42 guests (including us), all staying at Travellers. Not a single person had 1 complaint, and everyone wanted to make it an annual tradition. I still repeatedly hear it was the best time of everyone's life. Everyone enjoyed the great things about Jamaica (sand, sun, etc) but at a place that made you feel at home. The staff was amazing and I can't say enough great things. They were very attentive in making me (the bride) feel that everything was under control a year before we even said our vows. We skype'd and emailed any time there was a question or thought, and they made all my requests possible. The wedding ceremony was perfect, and unfortunately immediately after the vows a long rain took over, completely washing out the reception. The staff took to action and within an hour had moved the entire show indoors without missing a beat. You would have never known it was supposed to be outside! I honestly cannot thank them enough for making our wedding the best day of our lives. Definitely going back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank SadieMH
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Sadie what can we say? Thank you so much for your review. Your wedding was a blast for us all and a rain shower can't stop us!! It is very true that the planning of a wedding, particularly when you are overseas, is vital and I am pleased to hear you found us available at all times in the planning stages. All of us at Travellers are looking out for you and your husband and of course your family and friends to come back to see us - how about a first year anniversary party in November? We will have some great rates for you!
Again our thanks,

The Travellers family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you're expecting a five star hotel and service this is not for you. This is a place for travelers who wish to go on tours, mingle with the locals, enjoy the white sandy beach and also be able to walk around town without having to travel half hour by car. You have access to many tours and activities which we did many. We loved it! Felt safe the entire time. The staff and security were so wonderful. The head of security even drove us to some near by falls and was so knowledgable and passionate which made our experience much nicer.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank 816tj
We enjoyed reading your review, thank you for taking the time to remember us. Travellers is a Jamaican owned resort and for twenty years we have provided a unique Jamaican experience on the 7 mile beach in Negril. We are within walking distance of the town, duty free, bars, restaurants and entertainment. We do hope we can welcome you home again as one of our many valued returning guests.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.........
Manly, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Travellers at first glance is average, but once you're there the service is great! The staff really go the extra mile for you! Patrick - the night security guard is the friendliest and most protective man! Anytime he saw a regular trying to chat me up, he was there in a flash to save me! "bigs" - the pool bar bartender, even off duty this guy was catering to our needs, super friendly and always smiling! Navardo - the life guard was a huge help with tours and always smiling and joking with us! And finally the hotel management - Ann Marie always helped us no matter how big or small. The staff here are happy about everything. I will definitely be back! :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Justine V
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Justine thank you for your kind remarks. Security is very important for all of us when we are travelling and we are delighted to hear that you felt secure here at Travellers. We will pass on your comments to Patrick. Thank you also for acknowledging our team members who undoubtedly are responsible for so much of our success. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a GREAT time in Negril at Travellers Beach Resort! The service and hospitality of the staff was superb and the food was excellent. It’s location is right on the beach so your able to enjoy the amazing views right from their dining area. The hotel was in walking distance of the shops, clubs and other attractions so we didn't have to venture very far if needed. Good price good food good people, I highly recommend this hotel if you plan on going to Negril and I would defiantly go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gavin thank you for your review and our five bubble rating. I am happy we met all your expectations; our people, our food, our location etc! Our staff always appreciate special recognition from our guests. As you say we are very well situated for walking into town and along the beach. Hope to see you back home again soon.