“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Negril
new jersey
“Wonderful stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

My best friend and I stayed at Travllers the end of March for 9 days. I travel to Negril often, and I have to say that this hotel has everything you need for a reasonable rate. I requested a room with a full kitchen, which was very accommodating. (it actually helped us save money)!

All of the staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. Javion, at the front desk, assisted me in my travel arrangements, etc, etc. She was very nice and everything I requested regarding room details were handeled by her so professional. She followed through with everything in a timely fashion as well.

Security was also amazing. Even late at night when I came in, they were AWAKE and greeted me and asked me if I was ok? I ran out of minutes on my Jamaican cell phone and needed to make a call, the night security gave me minutes from his phone and would NOT even accept a tip. He was an absolute sweetheart, and I wish I remembered his name.

Oh! another aspect I loved was Traveller's internet cafe. I am currently taking online classes and was able to stay up to speed, due to travellers overwhelming amount of well running computers.

Overall, my stay was amazing. I am so glad I finally stayed at this hotel because I always wondered, but now I know!!!! Thanks again to ALL of the staff. You are hard workers and I appreciate all of your efforts in making are stay wonderful.

Biggup Travellers Resort!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank meorio77
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
As I sat in the restaurant having my breakfast by the sea this morning I must say reading your review started my day out just right! As a seasoned traveller (no pun intended!) to Negril you are able to make a very objective assessment of our property which we appreciate. Nice to know we are now your hotel of choice. Your comments about our front desk and computer centre are well received. Your review of our security is valuable information for future guests, many of whom will check us out on Trip Advisor before making their vacation decision. Security is important to all of us wherever we travel and our team works hard to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests. I do hope we see you back here again very soon. Kind regards from the Travellers family to your family............

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at Travellers over the Easter weekend. It was nice and relaxing. We really enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean and adequate enough to meet all our needs- iron, iron board, refigerator, private balcony. The restaurant was pretty good. Our favorite meal was the breakfast buffet which served authentic Jamaican dishes. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed karaoke. We loved the easy access to the beach. I appreciate the security on the beach to limit the haggling from the locals selling various items. Overall we would recommend Travellers to others who want to have a great time.

2 Thank Maurica C
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review highlights our team as well as our rooms and restaurant. We are very security-conscious and were pleased to see that security was to your satisfaction. I do hope we will be able to welcome you home again to Travellers Beach Resort.
Waterloo, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at Traveller's Beach from April 6 - 20, 2014. The staff were excellent, the service was excellent. When we asked for help with issues we were helped promptly and without queston. We were welcomed back like we were family. There are board cottages on the property that we prefer...or so we thought. They are so sweet and rustic and so much like the "real Jamaica". We are not fussy or we wouldn't have chosen the rustic approach...but what we did desire was some peace and tranquility and that was not to be found...for two full weeks. Yes it was Easter time...Yes many Canadians were escaping the long harsh winter this added to the noise...Yes it had been years since we came in peak season...we accepted that and hoped to persevere. What was hard to take was that when we wanted quiet time, our little cottage couldn't provide it. Why? Because there is NO sound proofing between the semi-detached cottages. NONE. When our lights were off and theirs were on we could see theirs, hear every noise TV, bodily functions, whatever... Honestly we are not exaggerating. One of the staff said that they are going to add the cottages to their web site this year so with that in mind we want people to know that as sweet and inexpensive as they are if you want to find some peace an quiet at times these cottages are not the place to find it. Pay the extra and book one of the rooms in the concrete built areas it will be worth the difference. This really is a great place to stay, they have improved a great deal in the 12 years we have been going there, we will go again but, seriously, we will not go to a cottage again until some sound proofing is installed.

Room Tip: Book a room in the newer area, concrete, sound proof walls. Very up to date renovations have been d...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Superbev
We have read your report carefully and it is certainly food for thought. Our bungalows are, as you say, rustic wooden buildings and not sound proofed. They are popular and usually booked year round. However, if we can make any part of the resort more attractive we are always open to those suggestions hence our keen interest in your comments. We do now offer the bungalows on line incidentally. Reviews such as yours are much appreciated inasmuch as this is how we know what our client is thinking which should be the basis of any customer service oriented enterprise. We all look forward to your next visit as soon as that long awaited and all too short Canadian summer is over!

Best wishes from the entire Travellers family...............
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I Stayed at Travellers for 3 weeks back in December and had a terrific time. The atmosphere was amazing, the staff very friendly, the rooms were nice and clean. My only issue was the tub drained very slowly and it took me 3 trips to the front desk to get it fixed as the maintenance guys seem to work on island time.
I went back in March and was planning surprised with the renovations that were being done.
The owners are very personable, they make you feel welcomed and at home.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Juciful
Thank you so much for choosing Travellers last December and again in March. We do think of ourselves as a family and by extension our guests are a part of that family. I am sorry to hear about a maintenance issue, I wish I had know at the time and could have assisted. You mention our renovations; we really are a forever work in progress. I doubt if we will ever say "OK, we are done!". At the moment we are focused on renovating the last eight standard bathrooms. After that we will undoubtedly move on to something else! Hope we will see you again very soon, our best wishes from the entire Travellers family.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I spent about 10 days at Travellers Beach resort and I can honestly say it was welcoming. From the staff to the restaurant they all made me feel very welcome. The food was very delicious and a great portion. The rooms were very spacious and house keeping came to clean the rooms on demand. standing at the bar you get a excellent view of the beach and the sunset. so relaxing. If you are looking for a hotel that gives you that real Jamaican culture and atmosphere, this is the place to be. I highly recommend this place to anyone!!! One of the best trips I've had in my life

3 Thank Rico S
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Rico; thank you for your review of our resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. The compliments re our staff and our food are much appreciated. We are a small 60 room Jamaican owned hotel and we like to combine authentic with comfort and safety. Look forward to your return visit. Best wishes from the entire Travellers crew.......
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

My first trip to Jamaica was a beautiful experience to celebrate my Daughter's wedding. Our stay at the Travellers was heavenly ... courteous, friendly staff ... delicious, reasonably priced meals ... cleanliness of the rooms, beaches, pool, grounds ... security was excellent ... and most importantly they did the utmost to make the wedding a day that the couple will always treasure close to their hearts. Thank you staff & management ... Travellers I'll be back soon!

2 Thank Laura P
So nice to hear from you Laura. We so much enjoyed the opportunity to host your daughter's wedding. The reward for us is always the joy of the couple and their families. We are very proud of our wedding team led by Miss Desrine, they love what they do and they always add the personal touch. It was indeed a lovely day which even the rain could not spoil! As you were leaving you promised me you would be back so you know I will be looking out for you!
Best wishes,
Howard
(General Manager)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week in March. Really loved it! Great staff, clean rooms and a nice atmosphere. The location was perfect. Right at the beach, and close to good restaurants and bars. The hotel restaurant was also good, with karaoke nights and BBQs. If we go back to Negril, this is where we would stay:)

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Wibecke K
We certainly enjoyed hosting you at Travellers and appreciate your taking the time to review us. Trip Advisor is everyone's report card and this is where we learn where we are doing well and also where we gain ideas for improvement and correction where necessary. We are, as you mention, ideally place right on the famous seven-mile beach and within walking distance for shopping, duty free, crafts, bars and restaurants. We do hope you decide to return to Negril and of course to our resort.
Best wishes from the entire Travellers family.