“Excellent Hotel”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed March 25, 2013

All I can say is my stay at travelers resort was amazing. I typically do not write reviews and when i do they are always short and negative ones but my stay has inspired me to implore everyone to have the same experience I had. This was my third time in Negril and I have to say truly a pleasurable experience. When you stay at travelers you get a touch of what is missing in the rest of the world....human touch. The brothers Wellington ( a nick named another guest coined for them) make you feel like a welcome guest in there home as opposed to just another transient guest. I have never been to a hotel where the people who manage it are so accessible, you'll feel like your speaking to a old friend when asking them about local activities....and if your lucky they may even join you!

Some of the highlights of my stay were karaoke night and the food in the hotel restaurant. The lobster Thermidor is amazing!(must have) The drinks at the bar do not disappoint either, the bartender whose name I believe is Romeo makes them strong but still walks the fine line of not over doing it.

The rest of the staff were also extremely polite and I was never told "no", they make it a priority to respond to almost every request with a warm and loving "ya mon". You will also find wifi access all thru the property so if you have a smart phone or ipad you'll be able to communicate with your loved ones via VoIP or email.

Some travel advice when staying at travelers be prepared to wait for your food because everything is made to order, so if you have a flight to catch and you want enjoy some of the delicious food for the last time arrive early because you could miss a flight( I almost did) and lastly don't forget to have a drink wit Tat next door....just ask one of the brothers Wellington they'll know what your talking about.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fazlul K
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you Fazlul for your excellent review of our resort. I can appreciate the fact that you don't typically write reviews and i'm happy that your experience with us has inspired you to do so. We certainly do our best to ensure every guest is comfortable and enjoys their experience here in Jamaica. You've pointed out many great aspects to the resort that we aim to provide. Although Jamaica in general has a very laid back culture we are actively working to address the issue of long wait times for meals. I do apologize for that aspect of your trip. Thanks once again for your great review and for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at Travellers this past week and had a fantastic time. The staff was so warm and the brothers that manage the place were incredibly welcoming and gave us some really good recommendations on where/what's good to eat, etc. Kenneth (taxi) drove us around during the majority of our stay and to the airport and was the sweetest little Jamaican man. I'm grateful we ended up staying here and not at some all-inclusive resort -the experience definitely would not have been the same. I actually just got back home today and am already going through major withdrawal. I’d recommend Travellers to anyone in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Quynh27

Thanks for your your review Quynh! I'm glad you enjoyed your time while you were here and that you found that management and staff to be welcoming. We're always happy to give recommendations on other great restaurants in the area as well as recommendations on any activities that you may be interested in. Most of our suggestions are based on our own personal experiences so you can be sure that you will enjoy. Thanks again and hopefully we'll see you back here soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for fancy rooms with super fast service this isnt it but if you want super clean tidy rooms (could be a bit noisy) fun atmosphere with lots to do this is it. We stayed for 9 days in feb and the people who run this place are fantastic. We were scammed on our room when we booked (a word of warning DO NOT USE CARIBBEAN.COM TO BOOK THROUGH) so we arrived and our room had been cancelled . Not only did they give us a room they discounted it for us. They were so kind and helpful in the office and everywhere at this hotel. They had fun things to do at night and the security guard was most helpful getting chairs for the beach etc. The pool is awesome and the spa the sameThey have a new and very nice workout room and great restaurant. The food is well priced and wonderful . I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Loved it and its location and the staff . The most fun 9 days ever.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank colleenTuscany

Thank you for your review Colleen. That's a great way to sum up what you can expect while you are here. We're not a super fancy all-inclusive resort but we do aim to provide a memorable experience for you while your here. We do have deluxe rooms and suite's for anyone looking for something a bit more upscale. Otherwise our standard and superior rooms will be clean, comfortable, and a relaxing choice for most. I'm glad our office was able to assist you with your booking issue and that you were able to stay here despite the cancelled reservation. See you next time!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Being that I have always stayed in an AI, I wasn't quite sure about staying here. However, I must say, that this was the best choice in hotels I have ever made! Our room was super clean and up to date. Had a fabulous view. Could not have asked for nicer employees. If you are looking for all the frills of the larger resorts and do not wish to experience the true culture of Jamaica by getting off the resort, don't stay here. Travellers is more basic, but fabulous in a way that allows you to enjoy Jamaica the way it should be. they will arrange tours for you like the big resorts. One thing that drew us to this resort is their commitment to the education of the Jamaican children. If you choose to stay at Travellers, I ask of you to bring down books and some school supplies for their non profit organization... N.E.E.T. You have no idea how much it means to these kids. Ask if you may have a chance to deliver them to a school yourself...I promise you, it will be the highlight of the trip.

The trip from MoBay to Negril is about 1.5 hours. Eddie from Travellers came to pick us up. Wonderful man who has worked there all his life. If you are not talkers, Eddie will sing, not very well :) but thourghly entertaining!

Our room was wonderful. Do bring your own pillow if you don't like really big fluffy pillows, cause that's what they have. The bed was totally comfortable and inviting after long days on the beach!

The beach is a tad small, but that could have been due to the extremely angry sea while we were there. Regardless, there are plenty of chairs and places to park it. It is right on 7 mile beach, so you really can't go wrong.

Overall, I would recommend this to absolutely everyone. I know for a fact, we will be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kymberlee1967

Hello Kymberlee and thank you for your review. Staying here will surely be a much different experience than an all-inclusive resort for the reasons you outlined in your review. You will certainly have a better opportunity to truly experience the Jamaican culture, from the food to the wonderful people. So it really comes down to what a particular traveler is looking for. I'm happy that you ended up enjoying your experience here at Travellers Beach Resort. We appreciate you taking time out of your trip to help out with the N.E.E.T. program. Books and school supplies go a long way for the schools and children here. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a terrific time at Travellers Beach Resort. The location is absolutely perfect, the facilities were a little dated, but still kept up nicely. The service was impeccable. The food was good, not incredible, but certainly not bad (the Jamaican breakfasts were far superior to the American ones...the ackee is superb).

Our room's AC was broken the whole time. We're easy going, so we raised it with management and the security guard tried fixing it late at night, but then no one followed up after that. The fan was really squeaky but we persevered. The bathroom needed repainting. But again, we felt comfortable there and didn't think it was a make or break issue.

Definitely recommend staying here, but don't expect luxury.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ryan W

It's good to hear that you tried and enjoyed the Jamaican breakfast. I would definitely recommend for everyone try the ackee and salt fish. I sincerely apologize about your a/c not being fixed while you were here. Usually an issue like that is resolved relatively quickly so i'm a bit surprised that there was no follow up after the initial check. We are constantly working on upgrades and improvements so we really appreciate your feedback. I'm glad that these issues didn't ruin your trip and that you still had a great time over all. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was my first time to Jamaica and didn't know what to expect. The hotel was super clean and the staff was very friendly. I ate alot at the bar/restaurant, and the food was good and the drinks were even better. The deck where the restaurant is, has some nice shade, cause it gets hot in the afternoon. The beach was fantastic as well as the views. It is located towards the end of 7 mile beach, but that's ok cause it's definitely within walking distance to the local shopping market for souveniers and also close to the center of town in case you need stuff. I met some great people there! This is definitely a new favorite of mine and will be going back soon! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Krissy J

Thanks for choosing Travellers for your first trip to Jamaica! I'm glad that your first trip was a great one and we're happy to have been apart of that. We are in a pretty good location in terms of being able to walk to just about everything from nightlife to shopping. This may have been your first trip but I'm sure it won't be your last. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Clean, comfortable.
Nice grounds and colors scheme.
The pool was really nice. Lunch and drinks at pool.
The food is good tried several places up on the beach and the food was good here.
The beach in the area was better than most, really.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Joe H

Thanks for your review Joe and for sharing some of the pictures of your trip! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food here compared with other places you tried. We hope to have you back again in the future.