“Awesome value w/friendly service!”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was a bit anxious about my first trip to Negril, and the staff made my vacation a very warm experience. I stayed for 5 nights. It was reasonably priced, and the atmosphere is perfect for couples, families, and even a group of friends wanting to visit. The waterfall pool was a nice touch, and the bar/restaurant area has beautiful views of the ocean.

Besides the extremely accommodating staff and good food, my favorite tid-bit is the resort's mission for community outreach. I got a chance to talk to some of the good folks who run their computer literacy program, and LOVE the idea that the money I was spending on my stay was also going back into the community.

I was melancholy the day of departure, but a valley of smiles and warm embraces softened the inevitable trip back home. You could go to one of those all inclusive resorts with no personality, warmth or retention of local character--but I'd save the money and stay here. Trust me--well worth it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cherrell B
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thanks for your review of our resort. I'm happy that your first trip to Negril was an enjoyable one. Community outreach is a big part of who we are. Thanks to many of our thoughtful guests we are able to keep the program going and deliver books and computers where they are needed most around the country. Thanks for your interest in the program and we do hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice hotel. Loved the waterfall pool. Location was very convenient right on the Negril strip. Resort had a beautiful beach front. Breakfast on deck was always lovely. Best view of sunset and sunrise. The staff are all friendly and make me feel welcomed from check in to check out. Two thumbs up :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicky_Campbell111

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast on the deck and the friendly staff we have here. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Don't let the pretty lobby fool you. The rooms are shoddy, old and not worth the money.

We paid around $50/night in the off season, about what we paid for Blue Cave Castle and Xtabi, and about what we usually pay at White Sands and Samsara. There is no comparison, this place would be unacceptable under almost any scenario.

I'll attach photos so you can determine for yourself if this is a suitable investment for your vacation dollars. For us, to call this a disappointment is a vast understatement. The room (#40) was run down, the beds were uncomfortable and the noise from the beach area was deafening. Especially from one of the clubs nearby pounding, misogynist Jamaican rap all through the night which consisted of some guy screaming at the top of his lungs over the top of an obnoxious dance hall beat. NOT for families, believe me!

I know that apologists for these resort operators will insist that we Americans can't expect the same standards from a property like this as we might in the US or Canada. Baloney, a room like this isn't worth $20 let alone $50 whether you're in Jamaica or anywhere else!

This place needs to get a grip!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pat B
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your review of our resort. We sincerely apologize for for the disappointing room that you were given. There is no excuse for a room having the issues that you’ve pointed out. As you may have noticed while you were here, our property is undergoing some major refurbishments which include the gym, the restaurant, pool, and our rooms. We have recognized the need for mainly our standard rooms to be refurbished and have been diligently working to address these issues. Unfortunately due to high-occupancy levels in this off season we were unable to get to all the rooms as quickly as we would have liked. I assure you that the very issues that you’ve pointed out are exactly where our focus is. Our aim is to have everything done before the peak season. Time is running down but we’re doing our very best. I hope you do get a chance to visit again in the future when all upgrades are complete.

We do have other room categories that may be more your flavor. Our deluxe rooms and suites have jacuzzi bathtubs, flat screen tv’s and upgraded room amenities. Suite’s have a full kitchen and living room area as well. Our superior rooms are more spacious than the standard rooms and most now have flat screens as well. Had your complaints come to us while you were here we would have gladly given a complimentary upgrade if space allowed. Our number one priority is customer satisfaction and ensuring an enjoyable vacation for all. I apologize once again for not being able to provide this for you. We can’t do much about outside noise, but we are far enough away from the clubs that it’s not usually an issue. That music therefore may have been a private party at another resort.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I visited for two nights and the front desk agents were well trained and offered superb service. The property had alot to offer a disco, food, gym, pool. The atmosphere was great and the price was also very very affordable. This hotel offers the basic but gives you value for your money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zdee
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you found the service to be superb and that the check-in process went well. We like to think of ourselves as a small hotel with some of the amenities of a larger resort such as our free WiFi, swimming pool (with waterfall), gym, spa and salon, billiards, table tennis, and a disco that is open on certain occasions. Our goal as always, is to continue to improve and expand upon the product and services we offer. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Once again we stayed at the wonderful Travellers resort! This is the 4th or 5th time I have stayed here over the last 3 years and every time has been just as pleasant as the last. Everyone is super accommodating and extremely helpful. Can't say enough about this hotel....there are many on the 7 mile stretch but if you want a family friendly stay, look no further Travellers is the one!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank rachelrr

Hi Rachel! Thank you for staying with us once again and for taking the time to write about your stay with us. It's great to hear from a repeat guest that the family friendly experience we aim to provide is consistent and that we have not let you down. It's always a pleasure to have you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

This is such a wonderful little place to stay. This is actually our second time stating here. We first visited in February and loved it so much we came back in October . The rooms are very plain. We like the cabins over the actual rooms but the cabins do not have AC .

The staff is excellent! When we came back this time they remembered us from February .

The swim up bar at the pool was broke so we couldn't use that but it wasn't a big deal to us since we hung out at the beach!

The price is wonderful-

We loved it!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Meloveulongtime

Thanks choosing to stay here at Travellers for a second time. I'm really pleased that you had such a great time in February and decided to come back. The cabins no longer have a/c as they were not insulated in the best way, so we keep them fan cooled. All other room types are a/c equipped. The pool bar will officially be open for the season! We look forward to having you stay here again in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Firstly, I loved the accessibility to the beach. The restaurant staff were friendly. Loved that I could have ordered traditional Jamaican dishes for the respective times even if they were not on the menu. The rooms are a lot outdated and needs a good remodeling but if not staying in the room all day then that shouldn't be an issue. I loved that there was a salon on the premises; wished the gym was operable but seeing it was under going remodeling I'll let that slide! Not far of a walk to Negril town or by Margaritaville if one is well fit and up for the stroll. The hagglers were always there to sell something, but they tend to remember faces and not harass the guests after a certain time. Overall we loved everything except the rooms. The manager was also very helpful with a certain issue I had too. :)

Room Tip: Research the type of rooms immensely before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JamaicanChic

Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback. I'm pleased to know that you found the restaurant staff to be friendly. A warm family friendly feel is what we aim to provide for all of our guests. We've been working on room upgrades during the off season and have made substantial progress. We still have a little ways to go but so far so good! The spa and salon so far has been a big hit. Misako, who runs the spa, is doing a great job. The gym floor has been completely remodeled and it's now in full swing. Unfortunately the hagglers will be along the beach anywhere you go. If your're on our beach front though our security does a pretty good job of keeping them away. Hopefully next time you'll love everything including the rooms with the changes we've been making. I definitely recommend knowing what room type would be most comfortable for you before booking though. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself overall and we hope to see you back here again in the future.