“Great place, inexpensive, good location.”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Great place, inexpensive, good location.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We had our wedding ceremony at Travellers recently, the service received was excellent. Staff and Mgmt took care of all the arrangements, flowers and decorations were lovely. Great place to sit and relax any time of the day. The resturant has two hugh trees growing in the middle which offer shade all day long. The waitresses are not only beauitful, their also friendly. Taxi service (including tours) available upon request. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are large with two balcony's
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I decided to honeymoon in Jamaica and chose Travellers for our hotel accommodations; which as we found out was a GREAT decision!

When choosing our place of stay while honeymooning we wanted to be able to not only sit back & relax but also be part of all that Jamaica. From the time we stepped out of the airport to saying our goodbyes to staff we truly felt welcome by all. The entire staff went out of their way to show us a good time and make our stay most memorable.

The hotel itself was beautiful! From the gorgeous tiled lobby to the beach front restaurant/bar we could not have asked for a better atmosphere. They had so much to offer guests: varying rooms to fit your needs, swimming pool with swim up bar & grotto, jascuzzi, table tennis & pool, full restaurant & bar, and as an added bonus second floor club area for the younger crowd.

The hotel was also centrally located so that we were able to walk to various other locations for shopping, dining, etc. This to us was a benefit as we were first timers in Jamaica and wanted to go out and see/try everything. In the end we always cane back to Travellers though saying that they were most reasonable priced and consistently had the best food & service.

Overall, our experience in Jamaica was outstanding in part due to the staff of Travellers and how well we were taken care of in all aspects. I would highly reccommend Travellers to anyone looking for a Jamaican getaway and are already looking to plan our next trip back there!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I took my daughter and stayed at Travelers for 5 nights. Great location as it is a short walk to town and the local market (if you don't mind vendors at the market literally grabbing you by the arm and insisting you look at 'their' stall....all the same stuff imo). Reception girls were wonderful, helpful and very friendly. They would do anything to help you out...no matter what the problem. Can't say enough good things about the front desk gals! Room was basic and a bit outdated, but extremely clean which is most important to me. Sheets and comforter were also very clean and you could tell they were just laundered. AC was very good and the water pressure was great any time of the day. Loved having the balcony for early morning coffee and late night nightcaps. Grounds are well kept and pool was clean and nice temp. The bar/dining area which is closest to the beach is the hub of the hotel. Drinks were adequate as was the food. I just found for the price, the quantity was small. I had the ackee and saltfish one morning.....and I walked away hungry....must have just gotten the tail end of what they had left. Most evening meals were okay, but one night the pasta dish was thick and hard to eat....and didn't feel so well afterwards. My fellow travellers had the same dish the night before (which I tried) and it was good. Again...think I had leftovers. Taste was good, but am curious about the quality. All in all, for the extremely cheap price that I paid for this hotel.......(got a great deal 1/2 price on a online sale) I have NO complaints. I was surprised to have to pay the front desk for a short local call as I've never come across a charge for this in other places. Not local anyways. not a biggie.
Two other group of friends ....wait, three.....ended up joining us in this hotel as it was so friendly and the pool was a bonus as one person didn't like the beach.(I don't get that either) But it all worked out well, and I would definitely stay here again! Staff made the visit!

Room Tip: I like being on the upper floor for the views.....however, it is a bit of a climb up the stairs (no...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank galaxycow
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and i decided to celebrate our anniversary in Negril, we had never been there before. The hotel that we originally booked had HUGE cracks on the door, it was full of ants and to top it off, while my wife was taking a shower the shower head fell off the wall....this was the first 2 hours there. it was horrible, we decided to book a room VERY last minute at Travellers. The girl at the front desk was very helpful, she got us a room for the week and saved us from that other hell hole! Our stay was very nice, the hotel is well within walking distance to shops, nightlife and very good food. Its right there on the beach, we walked up and down the beach everyday and night...it was very nice. The staff at the hotel was very nice and very helpful. One of the housekeeping girls put a really nice towel animal and spelled out Happy Anniversary on our bed and whenever we saw any of the housekeepers on property they wished us a happy anniversary, very thoughtful. I didn't have a dinner at the hotel restaurant but i did have a very good breakfast there and i didn't wait that long of a time for my food...no different than any other place and it was good. I did have drinks at the bar every night, the drinks were always good and the staff was always nice. Overall, this hotel and the people there saved my anniversary trip with my wife. My wife and i sincerely thank you guys!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jose M
New York City
Reviewed February 17, 2012

if you don't mind old furniture and hair dryer upon request only, but do mind expenses, this is the place for you. The amenities are simple, but they are there. The sheets are clean, the receptionist is at her place all the time, it's safe and the restaurant serves decent breakfast.
Beach is superb, and there's also pool, gym etc. Plus there's a diving/snorkeling outlet on site.
Among downsides - lunch and dinner are mediocre at best, but there's no reason to use the restaurant for that, plenty of options otherwise.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed at travellers for 10 days . Our first room was garbage. I asked for another one and we got it . I never ate the food there . Way to expensive for my taste. . During that time I was "met" by trevor purveyor of "goods". official hotel staff are very friendly . Air conditioning was very good . Everything was very clean and new towels were not a problem . I would go there again if I needed to go on the cheap . The beach was the best part and finding a beach chair in the shade was no problem, They need to fix the all inclusive rates because at that amount you can go to Palladium.

Room Tip: eat at fat's across the street . real authentic Jamaican food .
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Forks, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My wife and I have just returned back from Negril for the second time within 3 years. The first time we stayed @ the cliffs which is a totally wonderful experience in its self. Since our daughter and her boyfriend (first time to Jamaica) accompanied us this time we opt to stay on the beach as we wanted to experience the beach life this time. I must be honest, I logged on @ least 50hrs reading whatever I could find about Negril and the hotels on the beach. Over the coarse of time our pick for hotels changed many times as a lot of the hotels offered many things, but we ended up staying at Travelers beach resort as we could not get a better deal for the price. We arrived Jan 25 and stayed until Feb 7th. Unless you are accustom to a 5 Star hotel, I would not recommend staying here. The rooms are basic, in need of some TLC, but are kept clean and the bed was comfortable. Our cleaning lady Denise was fantastic and did a great job keeping our room clean. We had fresh towels every day. Little towel animals made and left on the bed or in the bathroom. We never had any issue with water pressure or running out of hot water. When we checked in, we requested a fridge and a safe. We were accommodated with the fridge, but there was an issue with getting a safe. As this was only our second time to Negril, I thought the safe issue would be a concern, but it was not. The security is very good. Nothing ever went missing. The security guard during the day was great (sorry cant remember his name) we just left our pack laying on the beach chair and had no worries as he was constantly monitoring the area, setting up beach chairs and just being highly visible. Sure we were approached by locals trying to sell their ware, all up and down the beach, but what do you expect. People need to make a living. All reviews clearly say the offers are there to buy weed, other drugs and a vast amount of carvings etc, so if you don't want any of this pressure why bother coming. I must say that our trip to Mexico had a lot more pressure from the locals to buy than we had in Negril. We were plain and honest with them. We basically told them that we had hooked up with whatever we needed the first day and for shopping, we just told them anytime that we were asked that today was not shopping day, but told them what day we were going to be shopping and they respected that to the most and we kept to our word and did do shopping up and down the beach on the day that we said. Sure @ times something catches your eye and we bought sporadic, but the majority of the shopping was done on the day that we said. Be straight, look them in the eye and be true to you're word and you will enjoy you're stay a lot more than trying to remember what line you have feed someone to avoid buying. Negril and the people are wonderful. We meet some really interesting locals and experienced some great food that you would not find @ the big box resorts as we hung out with various locals all up and down the beach. We did eat at Travelers a couple of times for dinner and breakfast and the food was good and the cost was comparable to the rest of the resorts on the beach. If you want cheaper rates, eat with the locals @ the smaller non-resort set ups that line the beach area or head to the cliffs as their are many small operations all along the road. Do wander around, walk to the roundabout area. Walk up to the cliffs, (long walk and be careful) as the road is narrow and trying at times. Both times to Negril we did this walk many times and have come across many interesting place to eat or buy. Unless you are doing an all inclusive and just want to sit in you're own little world, you are definitely missing out on a great experience Negril and its people have to offer. Please remember this. You are on holidays, relax go with the flow and all will come soon. Respect! PS. Thank you travelers for a very enjoyable stay. You're location is great and the beach is fantastic as you can walk out a far way and the water is still only up yo the neck. Definitely looking to coming back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and had a good balcony. On the main floor you have a sitting area but...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family