“Another Fun trip to Fun Holiday Beach!”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our second stay and yes we will return again. Lovely staff, clean room, fresh towels daily.
We like the AI and the buffet was plenty and good. But we know its not a fancy hotel.
We are not big drinkers but they made some yummy frosty drinks. When I wanted diet
they ordered it and I had diet for the rest of the week. Yes great location, the beach wonderful.
If you want a budget hotel on the beach and are not picky this is the place! Loved the free wifi could keep in touch with family and friends from my tablet. And the staff was very appreciative
of our tips and we even left some shirts for them. I did not see anyone else tipping, sad. It might be AI but for the price we always take plenty of ones to tip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank CJLS78

Reviewed December 9, 2013

It's a nice chillin place that's affordable. Reviews can be miss leading because our room was clean, excellent A/C , I actually had to turn it off at times (cold)hot water, wifi, enough food! We had an upper level room. I'm picky and was nervous about choosing this hotel, but it worked out fine.
Only negative was the bar, they need to have more variety, got tired of drinking the same things and more food that is geared towards children, I would love to bring my son next time!
Over all I would stay there again. If your on a low budget and not picky, go for it!!! Go , relax, enjoy the sun!!
It's Jamaica ,
EveryTing Irie Mon!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
9  Thank Mamaempress12
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was my second stay at tjis hotel, having stayed in April 2013. The hotel is in a great location on the beach and convenient to get to the various beach parties within walking distance. Also close to the town centre and a taxi ride to the West End of Negril. The food at the hotel can and sjould be improved. The rooms I have stayed in all need updating with new furniture and doors that fit properly, as well as curtains that opens and closes without all the effort I had to put in. The air con worked. A big plus was the free wifi which was one of the main reasons I stayed a second time. One of the major disappointments was charging for a fridge in the room. I find this unacceptable and I would not be willing to pay for this facility so would go elsewhere where a fridge in the room is standard. The staff at the hotel are all lovely and are an asset to the company. I feel the staff are not appreciated by management and that is a real shame. But like most Jamaican people they are easy going. Big thanks to the bar staff. Keep smiling. See ya soon.

• Stayed: November 2013
13  Thank spyder98
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just return from fun holiday beach hotel in Negril- location excellent - second visit to hotel- knew what I was getting in to -the place just need update-- if you want a place to stay soak up the sun, not costly if you are on a budget fhbr is good, entertainment every saturday , if you want more this hotel has easy access to other location- walking distance that you don't need a taxi. The place is secure, room was clean where i stay- hotel has all inclusive but i did not utlize - only issue was towels/ wash cloth they forgot me one day-
To the front staff before they take a customer to there room make sure the room is 100%- I would stay there again

Room Tip: like the garden side - but prefer the second floor the balcony you can see more o the beach
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
14  Thank jamgirl58
Reviewed November 25, 2013

2nd vacation to this hotel in 4 months. Definitely needs improvement. Bar service poor. At times mix not available. No rum cream the entire week. Ran out of beer on tap. The list goes on and on. Food service okay. Not great variety. Slow service. Absolutely no entertainment. The only plus is the location on the beach. It is a safe spot with security present day and night. Rooms very basic but beds comfortable. The whole place needs a facelift. Painting,good cleaning,etc. despite the fact there were no more than 12 guests for the week.. Still had to wait for bath towels and beach towels. Not sure how they would manage with a full hotel. The staff however are lovely and that is the reason I return. They try hard to ensure you have a good time but the management just needs to spend some money and give the staff what they need to better the hotel .

You need to know before booking that this is definitely a 2 star property. Very basic. Good beach. Safe. I would consider it a good home base and plan on going out spending money for meals, drinks entertainment,etc.
Negril is lovely. Great food. Good bars along the beach. Expect TONS of peddlers,sellers on the beach. At times quite relentless. Be firm in saying no. Not interested. And they will move on. Otherwise anything you may want to buy from fresh cooked lobster to handmade jewellery to all sorts of illegal drugs are available non stop.

To sum it up...you get what you pay for. And I will likely return to Fun Holiday for the lovely smiles from staff. But go with no expectations and have fun!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
16  Thank Moira L
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just returned from FHBR for the 2nd time. A real Jamaican style hotel. The front desk staff were very quick to assist. I dealt with Jessica mostly, she is a very charming & caring person taking care of all your needs. we were in c105 ground floor newer side within minutes. bed was soft and comfy, room was always spotless after maid came in...food was excellent !!! bar staff Collin & Nyron were great along with dinning staff Samantha, Shelly, La toya & Santina and all the cooking staff !!! Security Oneil & Lawrence I only mentioned a few names sorry if I left out anyone. . . AT FH their staff do wonders with what they have to work with. Oh yeah FH now provides beach towels. Don't forget to tip for good service, as the most hotels in Jamaica do not pay very well. We had the best trip to date because of the staff, beach, food and the fun people we met . Vernon don't let these people (staff) get away as they made our trip a most memorable one and they make your resort a place were people will return again & again Thank you all ..soon come

Irie Andy, Maggie & Jenny

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been going to Negril for several years now and I have always stopped into Fun Holiday for drinks, they use to have 3 4 1's and we would have the time of our lives. This trip I decided to book 2 nights there as some friends were staying there. And the results of my decision were WONDERFUL.. I will be booking again.. the room was beautiful, the air conditioning worked, the grounds were clean, staff was EXCELLENT. I had a wonderful time. I can't thank everyone at Fun Holiday enough for welcoming me with open arms. I hated to leave but I will soon be back.. Thank You very much and till we meet again.. One Love

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends