“June 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Cincinnati, Ohio
“June 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just got back from the Fun Holiday Beach Resort on an all-inclusive. It was a great week!! The staff is fantastic... the desk clerks, wait staff, maids, security, and the maintenance staff couldn't do enough for us. The rooms, linens and over all appearance of the room are very clean. The food was Jamaican stye and was overall excellent. The beach is really nice. Remember this is a three star hotel. If you are a fussy person you should not stay here. You only get one towel per person a day, the food may be a little to authentic for your liking, you only get draft beer, drinks are a little weak and being this close to Jamaican's may scare you. Please go to Hedonism and Grand Lido where you may be happy. For those of you who complained about ants in your room remember that Jamaican ants are smart. They only are in your room because you have food or some sugary thing laying out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Scott R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
chessington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

All staff working at the hotel are great chef Wayne and Robert thanks for amazing food great service from Colin and Nyan, Richard and fitzroy great meeting you girls on front desk great. Was great to walk out onto amazing beach will be back to stay for sure

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank gonner
Negril, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit Fun Holiday Beach Resort for the DJ music/ fire dance, all-you-can-eat Jerk Pork, Jerk Chicken, Jerk Fish party that they advertise on "negril.com", to take place every Saturday night with "free pickup service." When we called for a reservation the girl on the phone stated that the transportation would be $20 per person in addition to to the price of the all- you-can-eat. I said to her that I thought it was complimentary. She said no it is extra. I went back on negril.com to see if I had misread the ad. No, it read "free pickup" as plain as day. We called back and said that was what their ad said. Then their story changed and the girl told us the driver would come for us. The driver was a half hour late. When we arrived we were shocked to find that there was absolutely no Jerk Pork anywhere. No Jerk chicken. No Jerk fish. No DJ music. The buffet was very unattractive and tasted just how it looked. We we're overcharged for our meal as well. Our server was pleasant as she explained that usually the party is every Saturday night but not this one. We politely said our good byes. To add insult to injury we were then reminded that it was only free pickup and now that we wanted to go home it would be full charter rate. We rode a regular taxi back to our place on the West End and saved money. At this point my wife and I were not interested in paying Fun Holiday or any of it's dishonest associates our hard earned money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Troy D

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Negril is as good as they say. I stayed at the Fun Holiday Beach Resort and it is a real piece of Jamaica. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is practical in the water. It is the most relaxing place to be. Having a cocktail under one of the Hotel little hut on the beach was Paradise to me. I had the best time in my travel experience. The food was awesome and that Jamaican Jerk Chicken, is the best. I am looking forward to go back next time I travel to the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool looking into the ocean are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
11 Thank Glen F
Sydney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just spent an amazing week at Fun Holiday with 2 friends. Some reviews seem a bit unfair but some are right on. If you are looking for a week of rest and relaxation, this is the place,but if you are looking for late night partying maybe go somewhere else. This hotel is a bit old and run down you might say, but the people are fantastic and so friendly. They really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. From the manager Nathan or Milton(not sure which is his right name) to Niron at the bar, Andre at the buffet, and housekeeping. They make you feel at home. As said in other reviews, not much selection as far as alcohol goes, but the convenient store is only a 5 min walk down the beach and red stripe only 1.60 a bottle.They are very open to keeping your liquor at the bar for you and serve you. The food was delicious, not a large selection but everything they served was very tasty and you can also order from the menu. The beach is amazing, some say beach too small but plenty big to rest and relax. You get approached by locals often but if you firmly state no, they get it!!! And if they dont, security is right there to make sure they do. I cant imagine anyone not having a great time here,if you dont ,get the stick out of your butt!!! I would definitely return here and hopefully its next year!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Alexdevin2
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great stay at Fun Holiday Beach Resort. The food was good, the staff was great, but the manager is a creep. He offered to let myself and 5 girlfriends stay at HIS HOME on our return trip, with payment "accepted in many ways". Not only did he come to us at the beginning of our trip and advise us not to talk to locals, but added that "he was not responsible for anything that happens to us during our trip, if we do". He was ready and set to go, when he thought he was going to accompany us to a local beach party, and was visibly bothered when another staff member accompanied us instead. From the time we arrived at the resort, the Manager, continued to gossip about staff and guests, and carry news. Its unfortunate that the "so called" Manager didnt get penalized for making friends with the guests, while other staff members were highly penalized for doing so. On the last day of our stay, he told me he was happily married, and had no eyes for any other woman. So WHY would he offer us his own place to stay on our return trip? CREEEEEEP. This is the only reason I would not stay at Fun Holiday Beach Resort. We are booking another trip to Negril with 6 women in the coming months, and its very sad that we cannot book for Fun Holiday. They have lost our business, and our respect. There are plenty of resorts on 7Mile beach, choose another one!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Pecial G
Maupin D, Guest Relations Manager at Fun Holiday Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry for any incoveniences you encountered during your stay because of the unprofessional manner of the precedent manager we have spoken with him an have taken the right measures with all of our staff so that an incident such as this one does not occur again. We do hope that you can visit us again so we can redeem our name
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Fun Holiday Beach Motel centrally located on the beach, right beside "Roots Motel".. I haven't been back to Jamaica for about ten years. I used to go all the time with my late wife, to various motels on the beach. There are approximately 45 rooms, with a choice of all inclusive or not. The all inclusive deal is certainly worth it. There were three delicious meals daily plus a choice of drinks although "red stripe bottle beer" was not included. They did have draft beer. Often I would have a strawberry daiquiri which was lovely on a hot day. The meals consisted of choice of eggs, bacon, kidneys, french toast and a limited supply of fruits..(not sure why). Lunch and dinner were a combination of jerk pork, chicken, curried chicken, hamburgers,fries and cake/fruit. I never had a stomach problem, the whole time there, not like the many times visiting Cuba. My room was located opposite the office, just a two minute walk to the restaurant and beach. The room had two double beds, a large bathroom, and walk in closet. It also had a dated tv, and I brought my own "boom box" There were a few tiny ants in the bathroom but it didn't bother me. The 'maid (Aileen) I tipped one dollar a day, usually gave me fresh sheets. There was a nice bar serving draft beer (not bottles) and delicious "daiquiris". Sometimes they did run out of supplies but I am sure they tried hard to please. Most staff were very friendly, and often called you by your name. The only problem was be careful on buying any music cd;s even at the motel, unless you actually play it on your own machine in your room before you leave. One of mine was a dud and didn't pay for it. They had a large pool (I hate pools) and twice a week a live band played "reggae". One band on Sundays was a steel band. The beach of course was amazing, dotted with hundreds of bars, motels, restaurants. Remember, one can pay around $18 each for lunch, and up to $6 for a daiquiri -$3 for a beer so getting the all inclusive is a better deal. The ocean was so clear, just like I remember and often these "sting rays" came close to shore. They don't bother you unless you enjoy grabbing them by the tail. This world famous seven mile beach has been ranked in the top ten beaches by the travel channel. Negril offers an amazing combination of offerings such as the cliffs,(in the west end) where I often swam, cave diving, scuba diving and a great place to relax."Rick's Cafe" is well worth a visit as well as Xtabi bar "free snorkeling" . I also visited "Rock House", an amazing motel on the rocks with great diving. Ask for permission first before going in. Often the beach had free bands. Once I went to the "jungle" just across from the hotel. Remember, you will be searched , worse than the airport. At the beginning you will be hassled by the locals for drugs, shells, vegetables , aloe etc, jewelry, A firm no is necessary or I already have it. Be careful on locals putting aloe on you. They will charge you up to ten dollars. Do not accept anything free as there is always a charge..even a puff. Otherwise, the price was even cheaper then Cuba as it included hotel, bus pick up to and from the airport, all meals, drinks etc. I am looking forward in going back next year.

Room Tip: The "Ocean front rooms" are probably worth the extra bucks. Try to pick a room on the low...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank holguincuba2002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Travellers Beach Resort
Travellers Beach Resort
#16 of 88 in Negril
4.5 of 5 stars 905 reviews

Been to Fun Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!