“What are you expecting?”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed November 23, 2011

When you are thinking about going to Jamaica, you first need to ask "What am I looking for?" - If you are looking for luxury, a "resort" atmosphere, food (mostly ordinary US) 24/7 - then don't go to Fun Holiday - or any of the smaller resorts in Negril for that matter - Stick with Beaches - or Sandals or Hedonism.. BUT - If you want to meet wonderful people - if you are looking for a good clean basic room, well air conditioned and right on the beach - Good Jamaican cooking - including Robert's wonderful Jerk Chicken, a good size beach with plenty of cover and right in the thick of things and all at an incredibly reasonable price (We went AI and were NOT disappointed!) - Then - Book - Pack - Go! to Fun Holiday! We just had 10 wonderful days there.. If you go say hello to Nicole (in the office) Andrene (the lady that runs the floor), Robert (Jerk Chicken extraordinaire!), Rene, Debbie and Pauline (wonderful waitresses) Wayne & AiHi (the chefs) Marvin (mixologist) Richie, Denzel, Bobbie (security) Herbie (the DJ) and our dear friend Richard (keeper of the grounds)! Great people who will treat you very well! Enjoy them, respect them, get to know them - your life will be enriched by the experience..

Room Tip: If you can get an upstairs room you will have a good view of the ocean from your balcony. There are...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DaRev

Reviewed November 22, 2011

it not my 1st time in jamiaca but this one is bad do not go to this one if you go all inclusive the drink run out no beer and no rum for 3 day we had to go to the local shop for bottled red stripe
not enough variety of food same every day when trays are empty no refilled so its first come first served you feel guitly when asking for a drink.the shower not working right all ways cold
floor very slipy fell once. no protective cover on materess felt very dirty lost of ants in room ## ALWAYS SCRATCHING BED BUG I SAID SAY BED BUG ##black bug in bed got photoes bar staff not frendley and not help full SORRY FUNHOILDAY BEACH RESORT bad and will not back not value for money at all no hair dryer in room 3doller a day no fridge 5doller a day beach towelss 1doller a day the best drink you have to pay for and the round pool bar not in all inc. rubish bags out side room this place is bad not fit fo dog and i am black my the way the manager ow the place

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank mrmancool
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This hotel, after a thousand phone calls and numerous faxes that never arrived. then decided that only the person booking the holiday could pay with their credit card and my father who wished to pay for a christmas present was point blanked refused at the last hurdle. We were promised rooms as long as a letter of authorisation was faxed, 15 quids worth of overseas calls later- NO! The owner has changed his mind, too many people are stealing credit cards and going on holiday- WHAT?!?!?!. That is why credit companies have such a thing as merchant insurance, once the credit card company has authorised the payment the credit card company is liable.
Nicole at reservations was very lack lustre its like they didn't want any business and now I have 3 kids so excited about the prospect of sun and beach - promised by fun holiday beach resort.
This holiday is just not going to be a fun...
BECAUSE OF COMPLETE UN-BUSINESS MINDED IDIOTS TRYING TO RUN A COMPANY WITH NO IDEA ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gemaica
Reviewed November 13, 2011

If you are looking for AAA service then pay for your ivory tower!!!!
The cost was cheap and I received more then I paid for and I will go back.
Nice to know you whinny, entitled, arrogant, embarrassments won't be there to spoil my good time.

Perfect for the traveler who wants to experience a bit of Jamaica, right in the middle of 7 mile beach perfect location, on site security, clean cool rooms and friendly staff for the budget minded traveler I can't see how you could do better I will be back, I stayed there for 11 days nov 2010

Area recommendations
Little bay / Salmon point where Bob Marley had his summer home, and you can relax in peace, ask for "boots" tell him jeff and nick sent ya he will take good care of you, great guide/protector/friend...Or addlee for great lobster/tuna fishing, anyway get out of negril and into Jamaica..

Room Tip: Take the upper by the pool great views off the balcony and small deck overlooking the pool/bar/resta...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
9  Thank spence318
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Anytime I go to a cheap all-inclusive I wonder if it is for real. In this case I got what I paid for. All meals, all drinks at an incredibly low rate for a beachfront property. The place is not a palace by any means but what do you expect from a small family property? Not many places in Negril have a pool on the beachside but Fun Holiday did. Overall a pretty relaxing week on the beach. Ya Mon! John R

Room Tip: There are only or 3 rooms that are directly facing the ocean so ask specifically.
3  Thank sunsplashtours
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I will never stay here again! I don't know if it's because I went during off season or if this is just how the hotel is on a daily basis?

They had a good variety of food to choose from, but the drinks were HORRIBLE! No Red Stripe Light (which is what I drink in Jamaica) & barely any rum! SOME of the staff was friendly, but not everyone.The service was horrible! Everyone acted like they didn't want to be bothered when you would ask for something. I only ate here two times & ordered one drink my entire stay which was 7 nights. The rest of the time I ate & drank elsewhere. One out of the two meals I ate there, while I was ordering my food I asked the chef a few questions about how something was cooked, he got upset with me for asking to many questions so he just rolled his eyes & walked away. And the hotel "security guard" tried to sell me pills every single time I walked by him while I was on hotel property & he even started a fight with my taxi driver one afternoon.

The rooms were good for the price that you pay & the air conditioning was FREEZING cold which was awesome after a long day out & about in the Jamaican heat. The hotel also runs some really good specials on lobster dinners. They are buy one get one free for two, whole lobsters & it comes with one side each. You & a friend can each eat a lobster meal for around $33 USD which is excellent. That was about the only positive things that came out of my entire stay here. I spent most of my time next door at Whistling Bird which is where I am staying during my next trip to Jamaica.

Room Tip: The upstairs, upgraded rooms have better views (but I wouldn't recommend this hotel)
2  Thank Brandi A
Reviewed October 30, 2011

On arrival the 1st piece of information we got told was ' that the rats had left'. The room were small, bathroom needed some serious updating. Very limited menu and drinks on offer. We were the only 2 people an an All Inclusive holiday, no Buffet and what can only be described as a 'transport cafe ' menu
We, like the rats, moved out after only 2 nights
Only piece of advice is to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel