“Quiet and Safe Place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel

Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel
Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Negril
“Quiet and Safe Place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I travel to Negril Aug 11-17, 2014. Hidden Paradise is a great place to stay if you are looking for a quiet and hidden place to rest your head after you party the night away. They serve breakfast from 7-11 and I enjoy enjoy every single crumb! Everthing was fresh and made to order. Kudos to the Chef! Rooms were very clean, fresh towels but wash clothes for face and body was not provide bring your own. They have across the street resturant and bar where you can lay on the beach and have a drink. Nice place, friendly people(owner/staff) and most importantly I felt safe at all times.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group more than 3 i highly suggest you get the suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sabrina R

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Treasure Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Lodged here many times the past 10 years, and love it! Staying again this September, looking forward to the new mattress in mi room Enrick, wonderful upgrade mi friend. Feels like home away from home. Cindy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LuvJaBad63
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here 9 days in Jan/Feb, 2014. It is a right across Norman Manley Blvd from the beach and it fairly centrally located. We easily walked to restaurants, convenience stores and other stuff.

PROS: Excellent breaksfast! You can rent the rooms with or without breakfast; the breafast is definitely worth it. We always got the cheese and bacon omelet which was always excellent. Only drawback is they didn't open until 8:00 AM, so we would always go to the beach early for and hour or 2 and then come back for breakfast.

CONS: Their beach space is part of Momma Flo's restaurant across the street. Crossing was never a problem, traffic wise, but the beach area wasn't real great. There was absolutely no shade after about 11:00 AM, and they had no "tiki" huts or anything else. Their chairs are also very uncomfortable; we were often able to get several pads, as they are verty thin and one pad was never enough. In the afternoon, we often went to the place next door for shade, where there were palm trees, but then you didn't have the chairs.

Room Tip: Try to get as far away from the road as possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TomTerw
Vermont, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hidden Paradise is a friendly locally owned establishment with excellent service. The staff is awesome, the grounds are beautifully kept and it is a safe place. Right across from the resort is mama flo's bar and restaurant which is also the same owners. It is right in the beach and a very chill spot. Don't go to all -inclusive hotels! Support the locals and stay at Hidden Paradise!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank LoritaVermont_USA
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a budget-friendly hotel that is across the street from the beach. The owners of the hotel also own the restaurant Mama Flo across the street which is where the beach is.

The staff are very friendly and our room was cleaned daily. The A/C was finicky at first but then it worked just fine. The breakfast was great and was truly authentic Jamaican food. If you're looking for a typical ritzy place, this isn't it. If you want a nice, clean place to stay with good service and on a budget, book with confidence :)

There is a convenience shop and other restaurants close by. Meals are quite affordable ($5-$15US) so just pack your own beach towel and have a great time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TC_GTA
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I unexpectedly travelled solo when my friend cancelled a couple of months before departure. Felt I needed to go as budget concious as possible and chose HP because although not beachside, they have a designated beach area across the road where you can bring your own drinks/food. Got a great price for 7 nights.

Pros:
-Grounds are very nice, mango trees, flowers, palms, etc.
-Pool was nice and clean
-deluxe room was large and reasonably clean (some dust bunnies under the bed)
room had two beds, one of which had a new memory foam mattress that was comfortable
-large size bar fridge (inner freezer door was missing which froze other items in the fridge and caused huge ice buildup to the point of having to break some off so the door would close)
-wifi signal comes from the office, my room was in the closest 2 level building and I received a good signal on my balcony and most of the time right in my room.

Cons:

-AC filter was filthy - I got very sick with cold/flu a day or two after arriving which may have been from bacteria/spores in the AC filter. I wish I would have checked the filter 1st thing upon arrival and asked that it be changed or cleaned. Unfortunately, I was sick for the duration of my holiday and still not well 2 weeks later. Did get antibiotic when I returned home as I had an eye infection as well and was afraid it would turn into bronchitis or pnemonia. Of course, it may not have been from the AC, but regardless, the filter was bad and management does need to maintain them.
-There is no cart for luggage on check in or out. Thankfully, when I was dismayed to hear this, some staff that were in the office (women) helped me lug my luggage to my upper room. There did not appear to be staff designated to do this automatically.
-lock on room door is pushing button in on door handle only. Would have liked to see a deadbolt as security appeared to be minimal (people I'd met on the beach, albeit maybe known by hotel staff came wandering in on the property looking for me). Was not the best security I've experienced in Negril.
-office staff were minimal friendly, did not feel fully welcomed or that my business was appreciated. They did respond appropriately when I directly requested something. My housekeeper, Bella was good and seemed to wear many hats.
-beach area - the guys hanging on the beach area were friendly but almost too intrusive to the point where I sought out other places to enjoy the beach. Beach chairs are old and wooden and you had to ask to get a pad to put on it. No beach or pool towels provided.
-fridge was in the large closet area. A little thought put into better configuration would make it handier. Liked the shelves in the closet area which I used for "kitchen" items, but I had to work around my clothes hanging in the closet.

To summarize: if you are on a budget and don't mind staying across the road, I would recommend HP, just be prepared and check your AC filter upon arrival. Especially if you are out and about everyday. As I got ill, I was not up for going out and about as much as I would have liked. I doubt that I would return as I much prefer staying right on the beach, which I could have done for $20 more/night and for me, in hindsight, would have been worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the office get good wifi signal
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Melody L
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was my 10th time in Jamaica and my 3rd time in Hidden Paradise.... this should already show you that I really like the place. The hotel is located very central (to the beach, clubs and also the gym :) )..... my and every other room was cleaned every single day.
In case one of the guests has problems (of any kind), there is always somebody to talk to and to help....
In my opinion, the best thing about the hotel is that it is not like one of the all- inclusive resorts which are shielded from the rest of the world..... even Jamaicans themselves are guests of the hotel ( in case they spend their holidays in Negril).... I think this is great because you can get in contact with local people, too......
To sum up, I love HIDDEN PARADISE and I can just recommend it!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo