All reviewsthe cottagessun deckveranda suitesmega martevery morningcoco breadfull kitchenpattieswatchful eyeoutdoor showerlobstergreat securityrelaxing vacationall inclusiveslaid backthe security guardour home away from home
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Stayed late July last year for 6 nights, the verandah suite was amazing, the view was to kill for, the staff was amazing, the sunset view amazing, no restaurant on property but plenty of restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Verandah Suite
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Odel L
nirvananegril, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

we thank you for your wonderful review & are so glad you were happy at Nirvana...we all strive to offer our guests the privacy & security that is reflected in our rates,you will not find a comparable property on Negril Beach as most are commercially developed hotel/motel type places.

Nirvana is not just another hotel, it is an experience of the real Jamaica & is a special place where your intimacy with the environment & the exceptional personal services of our long time staff make it unique.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We made a last minute summer trip to Negril. We brought our 13 year old with us & chose to stay at Nirvana and I am SO happy that we did. Once you stay there, you are family! Everything about the place was amazing. The staff is top notch, they take great care of you. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL and so well taken care of. There isn't a restaurant / bar on the grounds but there are plenty just a few steps away so it isn't an issue at all. We stayed in Cottage #1. It was 3 bedroom with A/C in the rooms. We chose this one because of the A/C & how late in the summer it was. It's the closest to the road so the noise was a little more than we wanted, but that's my only complaint and we knew that going into it. My husband and I slept with earplugs so it wasn't an issue at all. Our teen sleeps through anything, so she really didn't care! We will be back on our next trip for sure!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank LinzorelliG

Nirvana is a special place where the intimacy with the environment & the exceptional personal services of our long time staff make it a unique experience.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

If you're looking for a slick, or cookie-cutter, or all-inclusive Jamaican experience, Nirvana is not for you.

My son and I came with my three granddaughters (ages 11 and 7) in July. We wanted a place to stay which would combine creature comforts and at the same time give the children a real sense of being in a foreign country. We found Nirvana to be perfect. We rented Cottage 4 and Lower Verandah Suite for the 5 of us. Accommodations which were clean, comfortable, and quiet, with a lot of attention to detail. A feel of the "old Caribbean." (Think open windows and ceiling fans, rather than stale Air Conditioned air). Beautiful uncrowded beach access. Staff who cared about our comfort and went out of their way to help us create exactly the vacation we wanted. These folks do "welcoming, friendly, and unobtrusive" to a Tee. The fact that there is neither restaurant nor bar meant that we could wander up and down the beach to fun, funky little places for a snack or a drink. Probably our very favorite "perk" of Nirvana was have one meal prepared for us each day (in the cottages). We had brought a little Jamaican cookbook, and worked with the housekeeping staff to plan our menus each night, and then we off shopping for the ingredients. One night Zemroy, the manger, arranged a large Red Snapper, which Lynn prepared in our cottage. Another night we ordered as much lobster as we could possibly eat, which we grilled, and the staff prepared vegetables. Zemroy was also very helpful in arranging two snorkeling trips as well as a day at Zimbali retreat in the mountains. We did leave feeling like members of the family!

Room Tip: Cottage 4 is the farthest from the road.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank SharonH3543
nirvananegril, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

thanks for your wonderful review & we are so glad you were happy at Nirvana...
At Nirvana we all strive to offer our guests the privacy & security they want to experience while still enjoying all that Negril offers.

Nirvana is not just another hotel it's a special place where the intimacy with the environment & the exceptional personal services of our long time staff make it a unique experience.

All of the staff all appreciate your praise for their hard work...
You will not find a comparable property on Negril Beach as most others are commercially developed hotel/motel type places.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

I planned a birthday trip to Jamaica from July 28th to August 2nd for 8 ladies. We didn't realize how packed hotels were due to Dream Weekend, but that didn't stop Lonnie from helping us. We rented a two bedroom cottage and a studio to accommodate our large group and everything was PERFECT.

The cottage was huge and was more than enough room for 4 ladies. There was no AC in our cottage but the breeze from the ocean cooled down our cottage. No one complained about having no AC, which is rare because we are from Texas. The studio was a nice size. The king bed and queen pull up fit the other four ladies comfortably. All of theThe location of Nirvana was Perfect. We were right in the middle of 7 Mile Beach. Even though there is not a restaurant on the property. If you walk 100 feet to the left or right you will find amazing restaurants and bars to go to. I would stay at Nirvana again and would recommend the property to anyone looking for a peaceful retreat. beds were comfortable.

The property was clean. The security was so helpful to run off some of the men that approached us. We felt safe an secure. We could not hear the other guest on the property.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank avvennett g

thanks for your wonderful review & we are so glad you were happy at Nirvana...

We have many ladies groups choose Nirvana for the special care our staff goes to in making sure they get the best Negril beach experience without being hassled by the Jamaican men who are known for being sometimes a bit too enthusiastic about un-escorted lady visitors...

You will not find a comparable property on Negril Beach as most others are ordinary commercially developed hotel/motel type places.

All of the staff all appreciate your praise for their hard work...
& want you to know they all loved having you & hope you will be back soon,

Lonnie

Reviewed July 9, 2017

My friends and I recently stayed at Nirvana and we all had a really great time. Our group of 9 rented out one cottage and both veranda suites and I have to say that it was wonderful and exceed our expectations. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We used Nirvana”s taxi service every day during our trip and the prices were reasonable and our driver Leon, was friendly, patient and answered any and all questions we had about the area. I still can’t believed that he would stay with the car during our excursions with not a single complaint. Our beach was clean beautiful and perfect and the best on the seven mile stretch or at least what my friends had explored. There were a lot of vendors on the beach but the security guard would make sure that we weren’t being hassled and even went as far as making sure we got the best merchandise. (My fiance and I were getting fruit from one of the vendors and Shine ((one of the guards)) made sure we saw all the fruit he had and got the best ones. Above and beyond what I would have expected.) During our check in Sandra the manager told us we were part of the Nirvana family and that is how they treated us.

My fiance and I rented out the lower veranda suites and I have to say that I am glad we spent the extra money to stay in these suites. Our group would hand out on our patio during the sunset hanging out to the night ocean sounds or going to one of the many bars that are on the stretch of beach. One of my favorite parts was waking up though! Can I say one more time, HOLY COW, that view! Another bonus that I didn’t know/realize I would use so much is the outdoor shower in the front of the suite. If you ever felt too salty from the ocean water you could just rinse yourself off in the outdoor shower and go back to suntan without feeling like you had a layer of salt covering you. There is also something really nice about showering outside. Also there is a clothes line on the patio for hanging your beach towels. I do wish Nirvana supplied beach towels though they do tell you in advance that they don’t have them on the premises, only bathing towels.

My brother stayed on the second floor veranda suites and I have to say that the balcony view of the ocean was even better than ours. (But it was really nice having a quick place to go after swimming even if our patio did get very sandy.) A group of my friends stayed in the first cottage (located near the security gate and just a 1 minute walk to the beach) and I can’t attest to their accommodations but I am glad I was with a group that was staying there. One of the perks of staying at the cottage was that you can get a home cooked meal from the staff (as longs you buy the groceries.) I think that these meals were my favorite of the trip! There are a lot of great food around, like the jerk chicken place across the street and just five minutes down the road but these meals were truly authentic jamaican cuisine and we had such a great variety. (You definitely should ask Zemroy to get fish for your meal early in the day for that evening. They made this amazing shrimp curry dish that I wish I could have brought a vat of home. I am drooling just thinking about it. Also impressive he got us lobster when it was out of season!)

One thing you should note is that we did go during the rainy season (the two months that are starting the hurricane season but it would only rain for an hour or so and then it would be fine). There was one day the water was brown due to a huge rain storm and river runoff but the water cleared up the next day.

Rick’s - was a lot of fun but it was a little too touristy for me, just went because sooo many people recommended this place. First time I had ever seen a dj-ed sun set, a little odd. The cliffs were beautiful though but the food was way overpriced.

Blue Hole - the water in the hole was unexpectedly cold but I prefer hanging out here than Ricks. The employees also do really crazy flips and dives into the water. Also they have a pool filled with the cool mineral water so you didn’t want to go into the hole you could still swim. The only negative was that the ladder to climb up and out of the hole was scary to climb. I jumped into the hole which was a lot of fun but only did it once because I didn’t want to climb up the ladder again.

Cons: There is no restaurant at Nirvana but it’s not a deal breaker as you can make breakfast in any of the rooms or you could go next door that served food.
Due to the proximity of the veranda suite to the beach it was impossible to not get sand in the suite. I had to ask for a mop because I just felt like the entire place had a layer of sand.
Less of a con and more of a piece of advice, bring more cash than you plan on spending. There was only one ATM in the area and one day it was out of service. We had to go to a kind of sketchy part of downtown Negril.

Random Note: There was a wedding during our stay which was set up very close to the veranda suites. I wish they had told us about this in advance then we would have probably planned to do excursions of Negril that day instead of doing a beach day. It kind of made us feel like we couldn’t really use our patio but that was more of us trying to be considerate of the bride (especially with me being engaged) than Nirvana making us feel like we should hide. In fact they told us more than once that we should just do what we would normally be doing. The wedding was beautiful. I was quite surprised by how quickly they set up the reception and ceremony areas. They even invited us to join the festivities which was so kind! I don’t think I want to do my ceremony on the beach but if I did I would definitely consider having it here.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kinda L
nirvananegril, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

thanks for your wonderful review & we are so glad you were happy at Nirvana...we all strive to offer our guests the privacy & security they want to experience while still enjoying all that Negril offers.