“the perfect vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Nirvana on the Beach
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 17, 2005

My family has vacationed at Nirvana for the last six years. My daughter has virtually grown up there. The staff is always there for whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. The cabins and grounds are always well maintained and clean and because the cabins are off the beach, it's a quiet and restful vacation. Most of the same staff have been at Nirvana for as long as we've been vacationing there, which says alot for Lonnie and Stanley who treat their employees well and treat them as part of their family. We always feel like we are at our second home when we vacation at Nirvana and we would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a peaceful and true Jamaican experience.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Kentville Nova Scotia
Reviewed November 15, 2005

I`m confused.I just read a review about Nirvana...as relates to the exact same time that we ,a group of 13, were there also.It was for a 50th anniversary event.My in-laws sponsered this event and we were on a budget.Because they are yearly world traverlers,we booked the downstairs Verandah for them specicaly..This unit is a `what we call the realy modern version` of most hotels on the beach in Negril. It was for this reason that we thought that tile floor,air conditioning two separate showers etc. would make them comfortable.The rest of us had rented two seperate houses on this same property.By the way,any building that you have is no more than a twenty second walk to the water.The Verandah building appears to provide the typical comforts of ..expected North American hotel environment.And indeed it does.My in-laws stated `more than we expected`.You know,they did not feel the need to use the air conditoning unit.Upstairs did .Our houses had ceiling fans which ,if turned up, would cause one to cover up.At any rate ,the staff ie.Joyce,Lynn,Leonne are the maid and cook people who ,when greeted,responded with a sincere response.Joan,the manager, always asked`everthing alright?` each time she sees you.The gardener Moses ,if greeted, would always look up and smile in recognition.In the week of question,the service perception was so good that my father-in-law wanted to tip directly and beyond the norm.
My wife and I` honeymoon `ed` in Negril twenty seven years ago.Time and things have changed.Nirvana has somehow managed to captivate and maintain why one goes back to this country....environment,at- home staff,and at-home living.
Next year will be our 5th visit to this on the beach local.All inclusives do not include what Nirvana provides.Call me.
Philip

Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2005

Having been a guest at Nivana two times,2000,2004 and reading a negitive review recently,I must tell you that Nirvana is not high-rise luxury.It is a very relaxing and friendly resort.I would not think of staying anywhere else in Jamacia.

Stayed: February 2000
2  Thank palm98
Chicago
Reviewed November 11, 2005

I went to Nirvana in September with 5 friends. The cottages were very clean, everything worked!! Being an American run hotel nothing was broken or not woking like other Jamaican hotels. The staff was great. We had a night watchman and a Beach watchman. We felt very safe. The girls cooked meals for us as we all pitched in and went shopping and brought the food back to the cottage. The kitchen had everything that you would want, just like at home. You can even drink the water!!!! Most third world countries, you get sick if you drink the water. The water in Jamaica is safe and good tasting. I made oatmeal every morning with fresh honey bananas!!!!! And cocoa bread-a must try!!!!. We spoke with Lonnie before we went and she met all of our expectations, we didn't want to stay at a big fancy hotel, I can get that at Palm Springs or at the Loews in Santa Monica. We wanted to be close to the culture and walk around and go to different resteraunts and see concerts on the beach!!! Everything is very close to Nirvana, waterskiing and activities. Joan the manager arranged for us to be picked up and go on a few trips which was great.

We loved it and will return

Sam Adams

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lantana, FL
Reviewed November 11, 2005

I, and eventually my family, have been going to Negril almost every year since 1976, and since happenning upon Nirvana about 15 years ago we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. There's nothing like the immediate peace that descends upon us at each return visit. Before discovering Nirvana I had been a traveler usually in the explorer mode, checking out new travel spots always. But Nirvana has influenced me in a way like no other place....I'm absolutely content with our yearly family return. Blending the right amount of comfort and charm, and of community and privacy, in a beautiful natural place, the proprieters and staff could not possibly do a better job. Nirvana is why we go to Jamaica.

Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Beachwood Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2005

just a note to let you and your staff know that your service as well as the excellent accomadations have been and still are as good as ever. The time of my life keep it up I have recommended Nirvana to my co-workers at our company...you'll hear from them soon best jerry price

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 10, 2005

My wife and I have been to Nirvana about twenty times and we would not consider staying at another location in Negril. We plan on returning again in January and can't wait to see the Gotlieb's and their staff (our away from home family) again. Their efforts to make use comfortable go far beyond our expectations every time we visit which makes us plan our next trip right when we get home. Bottomline, if your looking for a place with out of this world sunsets, really comfortable surroundings and the best staff around...go to Nirvana. You won't be dissapointed.

PS:Have the staff cook for you! They make some of the best traditional Jamaican dishes you'll ever have.

• Stayed: January 2005