“Twice was not enough!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Nirvana on the Beach
Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Palm Desert,CA
“Twice was not enough!”
Reviewed November 11, 2005

Having been a guest at Nivana two times,2000,2004 and reading a negitive review recently,I must tell you that Nirvana is not high-rise luxury.It is a very relaxing and friendly resort.I would not think of staying anywhere else in Jamacia.

Stayed February 2000
2 Thank palm98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Reviewed November 11, 2005

I went to Nirvana in September with 5 friends. The cottages were very clean, everything worked!! Being an American run hotel nothing was broken or not woking like other Jamaican hotels. The staff was great. We had a night watchman and a Beach watchman. We felt very safe. The girls cooked meals for us as we all pitched in and went shopping and brought the food back to the cottage. The kitchen had everything that you would want, just like at home. You can even drink the water!!!! Most third world countries, you get sick if you drink the water. The water in Jamaica is safe and good tasting. I made oatmeal every morning with fresh honey bananas!!!!! And cocoa bread-a must try!!!!. We spoke with Lonnie before we went and she met all of our expectations, we didn't want to stay at a big fancy hotel, I can get that at Palm Springs or at the Loews in Santa Monica. We wanted to be close to the culture and walk around and go to different resteraunts and see concerts on the beach!!! Everything is very close to Nirvana, waterskiing and activities. Joan the manager arranged for us to be picked up and go on a few trips which was great.

We loved it and will return

Sam Adams

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2005

I, and eventually my family, have been going to Negril almost every year since 1976, and since happenning upon Nirvana about 15 years ago we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. There's nothing like the immediate peace that descends upon us at each return visit. Before discovering Nirvana I had been a traveler usually in the explorer mode, checking out new travel spots always. But Nirvana has influenced me in a way like no other place....I'm absolutely content with our yearly family return. Blending the right amount of comfort and charm, and of community and privacy, in a beautiful natural place, the proprieters and staff could not possibly do a better job. Nirvana is why we go to Jamaica.

Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2005

just a note to let you and your staff know that your service as well as the excellent accomadations have been and still are as good as ever. The time of my life keep it up I have recommended Nirvana to my co-workers at our company...you'll hear from them soon best jerry price

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed November 10, 2005

My wife and I have been to Nirvana about twenty times and we would not consider staying at another location in Negril. We plan on returning again in January and can't wait to see the Gotlieb's and their staff (our away from home family) again. Their efforts to make use comfortable go far beyond our expectations every time we visit which makes us plan our next trip right when we get home. Bottomline, if your looking for a place with out of this world sunsets, really comfortable surroundings and the best staff around...go to Nirvana. You won't be dissapointed.

PS:Have the staff cook for you! They make some of the best traditional Jamaican dishes you'll ever have.

• Stayed January 2005
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed November 9, 2005

We have stayed at Nirvana 5 times and are going back in December for our 6th visit. We have stayed at other properities in Negril and none of them compare to Nirvana's atmosphere. We enjoy the clean cabins, friendly staff and having our every need taken care of. Not to mention the lush gardens, private courtyard and it is never overcrowded. We enjoy our privacy and peace and quiet at Nirvana. You have to be careful when you stay on the beach, the bars start rockin at about 10:00 PM and the music usually goes well into the night and is very loud! Many places to stay are located next door to these loud bars which seem quiet during the day, but become a loud party at night. Nirvana on the other hand is located just far enough away from the loud party scene, so when you are ready to call it a night it is just a short stroll down the beach back to the peaceful sounds of the waves and the frogs. Also, Nirvana has an extremely friendly staff and since there are only a few cabins on the property you always feel like you have the place to yourself and get very personal attention. Nirvana is not a luxury property. There are no T.V's, and the furniture is a little rustic, but it is perfect for a very comfortable, relaxing beach vacation. If you want a place to stay that is quiet, clean, private, beautiful, and steps from the beach then Nirvana is the place for you. I have recommended Nirvana to all of my friends and everyone who has been there said they will never stay anywhere else!!
Kelly Parker
Fayetteville, Arkansas

• Stayed February 2004
5 Thank iriepanic
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2005

I have been traveling to Jamaica for 25 years. When I first discovered Negril I was lucky enough to discover Nirvana. I generally travel to Jamaica once or twice a year and I always stayed at Nirvana. I feel like I'm at home!! Nirvana has always been the most welcoming part of coming to Jamaica. I generally prefer staying in the cabins, but I have also stayed in the Veranda suites. The property has always been kept very clean and safe. It's totally equipped with all the essentials. The staff is wonderful and beach is perfectly located. It is definately not anything like the all-inclusives which barely allow you to experience Jamaica at all. At Nirvana you truly experience Jamaica, from the beautiful gardens to the serenity of the sound of tree frogs at night. There have been times that Nirvana was booked and I had to stay elsewhere, no property ever compares!! If you want to experience the true beauty of Negril stay at Nirvana. Don't expect the Grand Lido, just lay back and listen to the tree frogs at night and have a true and unblemished Jamacian experience. All your needs will be met by the staff - just ask. (That is if you can think of anything else you need.....)

• Stayed November 2005