Nirvana on the Beach
$109
$55
  • Pool
$160
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
Hedonism II(Negril)
$639
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
$484
$469
Bookit.com
$94
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagessun deckveranda suitesmega martevery morningrainbow archthree bedroomfull kitchenpattieswatchful eyebedroom cottageoutdoor showerlobstersecurity mangreat securityrelaxing vacationall inclusives
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Nirvana. My husband and I wanted to vacation in Jamaica and chose to stay in Negril. We were so blessed to find Nirvana. Everything about our stay there was exceptional. The staff was so friendly and helpful and our room was clean and so comfortable. I loved sitting on the porch each morning drinking Jamaican coffee and eating coco bread with the beautiful Negril beaches and ocean before us. Leaving was the hardest part. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Abby51
Reviewed August 1, 2011

If you want an all inclusive, white bread, sterile, wait staff, replica of every other hotel in the world, DO NOT COME HERE! If you want to spend time with your family swimming, playing cards, taking naps in hammocks and buying fresh fruit from the local fruit lady, then THIS is where you need to come. My family; 2 teenagers, my husband and our uncle, just returned from 10 days at Nirvana. We actually had only booked 6 days but opted for four more. The beach is gorgeous, the staff treats you like family and when I return, we will stay HERE. We had other options, but it really was the staff that kept us there. The cottages are the way beach cottages should be. COTTAGES. NO TV (WHY in the world would you want or need a TV on vacation???), ceiling fans, kitchens to make home made meals, and yes wifi if you need it. We loved it. No A/C and all. If we needed our stinky towels to be washed, we would simply ask and the next day it was done. The sweet women even cooked for us after we went to the grocery and it was better than any restaurant meal. It truly is NIRVANA.

Room Tip: DO ask for Cabin 5 or the owner's. Both are excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spnickle
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I looked for a place in Jamaica with a small crowd feel. We found nirvana, in Negril Jamaica along the seven mile beach. I read lots of reviews, 98% were good. We trusted what we read and we are glad we did. They have only 8 units, which we loved. Their staff is wonderful. The place is clean and very safe. Security in the front and back 24-7. Ther is plenty to do- or just do nothing! Our driver leon was waiting for us at the airport, wonderful guy and good sense of humor. He stopped at the store for us on the way there so we could get some red stripe beer... which by the way is good! I understand recently they got a very bad review from someone because they did'nt get a refund because of no tv or phone being in the units, and there are a couple units with no air, just ceiling fans. But it clearly states this on the web site if you fully read it. We had air in our sundeck II unit. Some friend we met while there had a unit without air but they said it was fine with the fans. So please don't believe the review that nirvana is a dump, thats simply not true. Count the good reviews and count the bad reviews, it speaks for it's self. If we go back to Jamaica we will stay here again without a doubt. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO BRING BUG SPRAY!!!!! ( By that i mean for mosqitos.. )

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brigitte085
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I have been staying at Nirvana for 20 years, always right after Christmas. What we love about Nirvana is that it is peaceful and relaxing and safe. It is a small compound of different-sized places to stay. There is no radio or TV or bar or restaurant (though there is WiFi), and non-guests are not permitted on the premises. The units are comfortable and clean but not fancy, and some of them have fans instead of AC. There are security guards in front and in back 24/7 and they keep non-guests and hagglers away. The grounds and units are tended to by local Jamaicans who have worked at Nirvana for many years. Those are things that we love about Nirvana and why we keep returning. However, there are people who want luxury accommodations with every amenity on site, or an all-inclusive experience. They should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LauraBloomington_IN
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I most recently stayed at Nirvana again this past June 2011....this was our 3rd or 4th time there in the past 15 years. I am writing specifically to communicate to Trip Advisor readers about the Nirvana experience and Negril
I went back this past year, after a long absence, because I was seeking to return to one of the greatest beaches in the world. For the past 10 years, we have been traveling the world,5-star style, and the more upscale islands....but the casual easygoing culture of Jamaica called me back.
Nirvana was as wonderful as ever! I just had to breathe into the Negril way of life once more.
I choose to stay in the Veranda Suite....it is a very large tiled space with a wonderful large deck facing the ocean. I avoid the cabins because I prefer Air Conditioning...especially in the summertime.....but I would certainly stay in a cabin if I did not require air conditioning to get a good night of sleep. The cooking facilities are better in the cabins, as I took a tour of several of them this visit when I was considering if I would be comfy in a cabin.
The Veranda room is as clean and tidy as nearly any privately run compound hotel in Jamaica can be...the staff is well trained by the owners to be attentive and detail oriented. They respond quickly to every question and request....we could not get the toaster to work the first day, but it turned out to be a wobbly electrical current in Negril....nothing to do with the toaster...and the next day it worked! I also love how large the Verandah is and the hugeness of the bathroom, plus a bidet, and another separate walk in room for clothing + a second sink. I never feel cramped in this room. The outdoor shower is a romantic plus!
The kitchenette is a plus. I was able to crank out some delicious meals, after buying fish, squid, and vegetables and fruit on the beach.
I always love the fresh squeezed OJ the Nirvana ladies leave in the refrig upon request --- just ask and they will bring in a bag of oj from the mountains. I go through 2 bags a week. ( yes cost extra and well worth it! )
If you are seeking the real Negril experience on the famous 7 mile beach....then this is a fantastic choice and a great place to stay. The security is awesome and I feel safe with my possessions here. The guard sits in the guard house 24 hours a day, to ensure nobody who is not a guest, enters the grounds.
I do want to say that if you are seeking a luxury hotel...then go to the Ritz Carlton... If you are seeking the elite french flavor of a hooty tooty island...then go to St Barths. If you want 6 star attention and treatment, then cruise on the Seadream Yacht, If you want to be shielded from the Jamaican culture.....then choose a standard all-inclusive and stay within the gates and the grounds! Don't come to Nirvana in Negril expecting South Beach Florida, or Hilton Head NC....and then get unhappy and disgruntled. Don't come here expecting tv and America. Just stay home instead.
But....if you are the kind of casual, open minded, adventuresome person who is comfortable with getting to know and understand the Negril and Jamaican culture, who wants to spend a vacation without shoes, and never having to get out of a bathing suit, and you are aware in advance that this is not the Westin or the Hilton....then I highly recommend Nirvana! The longer you stay at Nirvana, the more you will grow to love Negril, and the better and more homey Nirvana becomes !
When I see the beautiful gates of Nirvana, I am glad to have chosen it!

Room Tip: I would choose the owners house if avail. Next choice is Veranda.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple