“Worst Spot ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #17 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Worst Spot ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was in Jamaica a few weeks ago and i came across a hotel called Jamaica Tamboo Resort it was nice when i saw it but when i got on property i asked this tall older man in a hat for the office and the way in which he looked at me and answered me i felt as if i was a bother to him. when i got to the office the Lady that was working inside was so unprofessional and her attire was unacceptable so i choose to leave. but returned for the pizza when i got back it was sunset we sat at the Bar had a few beers and then our pizza came as we were enjoying our pizza there came some men trying to sell us drugs and sex to us i was so scared and the people at the bar including the older man who i think works there did not even tell them to leave. so Jamaica Tamboo Resort is a really nice place but needs better management and also staff needs training. would i ever return NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would i ever recommend anyone NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ronda L
Rebecca R, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Tamboo Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience.

We have a zero tolerance policy for the selling of illegal substances or services. We're sorry you were harassed by vendors and will work harder to protect our guests.

If any of our staff members were unhelpful or unprofessional toward you, we apologize. We'll have a discussion with the team to improve in this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
toronto
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at Jamaica Tamboo in late September 2013 for 4 days with my adult daughter. Jackie was most accommodating, and even found us a fridge to use .. even though it broke down after the first day and wasn't replaced. No worries though.
The first night my daughter and I went out and came in late, they locked the front gate and we had to go through Kuyaba a couple doors down to walk through to the beach. The next day I asked security if this will happen again and he gave me his phone # incase it's locked and he will come to open it, however, it never happened again and he left the gate open. It might looks as though there is no security but there is! If you're up late at night you will see them. I felt completely safe. There weren't any lingering people around and my belongings remained safe. They will arrange a taxi, cook things to order, bring you beach loungers etc.
We had breakfast included which was nice .. something we didn't have to worry about. We didn't drink their alcohol so I cannot comment on the strength or quality but I can tell you their ice is frozen and plentiful and they didn't mind sharing.
The wifi was down due to bad weather and it not coming back online. Thankfully I had my phone I bought a digicel SIM card with data.
They brought fresh towels daily. I don't change my linens at home everyday so I didn't expect them to be changed there daily but I'm sure they would have been if I asked. My bed was made and floor swept daily. I felt bad for treking sand in and messing up the place actually.
The water took a while to get hot but it was hot and didn't run out. The toilet and faucets had good pressure. The a/c was comfortable. The windows all had locks that worked.
We were pleased with what we got for what we paid and this fact alone with bring me back with my family or friends.
There isn't a pool and I don't think there are many activities for young children other than the beach. There is a water park down the street that you have to pay for. Bring lots of beach toys!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 30.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JamaicaTambooResort, Owner at Jamaica Tamboo Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2017
Thank you for your comments and I sincerely apologize to you for having such a poor experience while using our facilities. Since your visit with us we have made infrastructural improvements to the facilities of the resort. This is in an attempt to improve the overall experience of all guests that visit our hotel as in house guests or visiting the restaurant. We have also changed and implemented some of our policies that will ensure that there we not be a re occurrence of such an experience.
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Where can i begin, first i must say the staff is super friendly and so welcoming, the room was extremely comfortable and from my it was like 20 steps to the beautiful beach. The food was great good music and great people. The hotel was located close to all the fun stuff for a first timer being in Jamaica. Would i recommend someone to visit Jamaica Tamboo Resort? Yes 100 times over

Room Tip: Room 35 the beds are so relaxing and the AC is super cold just like home
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments and I am happy that you had a great time with us. We hope to host you again in the future.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Tamboo was a find on 7-mile Beach in Negril. A great location! Jackie, John, Shay, Vanessa, and the other staff were sweet and helpful. Realizing that you get what you pay for, the room was simple, but adequate. perhaps a bit crowded the way the furniture was arranged, lol! We never received the same number of towels or washcloths each day and a few times the towels had holes. Hmmmm. Couldn't get WiFi in the room as hoped, but Shay was in the process of adding another router.
Although the beds were very comfortable and the A/C worked well, I have to give sleep quality a 2, because of the EXTREMELY LOUD music that played until around 2 am at the resort next to Tamboo the last night or two of our stay. It was awful.
Will I return to Tamboo in the future? Absolutely, mon!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a vaulted (cathedral) ceiling...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Thankfully for our guests, authorities in Negril have forced the nightclub to turn down the volume. Loud music late at night is no longer an issue. We hope that your next visit will be more enjoyable and relaxing than your last.
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Jamaica Tamboo was a good overall experience for me and my family, its located along a stretch of white sand beach with a great geographic location, not to far form both my favourite spots in Negril , The Jungle' night club and "Kool Runnings ' water park.
Definitely going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to have hosted you and thank you for your comments. I am happy that you had a great time with us. We are always improving on our quality and service to ensure that you continue to have a pleasant experience with each visit. We hope to host you again in the future.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had planned to stay there for 5 weeks with my family including my 4 year old son. Due to the low standards at the 'hotel' we stayed for 3 wks and left. Having stayed there 3 times previously i presumed that the standards would be the same. There has been a change of 'management' and this is reflected in the standard of the rooms and service. Firstly having spoken to resident jamaicans living there i now know that they charge 3 x times more per night to non jamaicans. The rooms are basic as expected but what i didnt expect nor found acceptable, is the disgusting level of hygeine in the room and in the service provided by the hotel. The bedding was changed every two to three days if u continually asked. When the sheets were changed they were replaced by sheets with brown and red stains all over them. They smelled foul and the over sheet wasnt changed until after two weeks of continual complaining. The roof leaked into the room whenever it rained and their solution to this was to move the bed. The air conditioning broke down every other day and when it did work it was impossible to use the remote as it had no back cover and the batteries would fall out. The toilet! OMG where do i start. No amount of scrubbing i did would shift the stains..liveable if it wasnt for the brown substance leaking from the back continually..disgusting. same situation with the bath / shower excluding the brown leak. What cleaning took place was to replace dirty stained towels with dirty stained towels..disgusting. the mop used to clean the floor was foul smelling and made the room stink! This could probably be eliminated if they got a new mop AND didnt use the same water to mop every room. Disgusting. Dont try to move the curtains as the risk of extreme dust inhallation is a reality. The fridge that we were charged for was not suitable to put dog food in, despite srubbing and removing stuck on food it was stil below basic hygeine levels.The staff excluding the very young pregnant cleaner) were the most rudest ignorant and unprofessional people i have ever met. The 'manager' jackie needs to enrol herself and her staff on a basic customer service course. Learn how to engage in professional conversations with people who are paying to stay there and learn how to be friendly and welcoming. Lastly as i checked out early jackie handed me a hand written scribble and said i owed quite alot of money. After showing her the original invoice she gave me when i checked in, which clearly showed a zero balance she tutted mumbled and walked away. Unbeleivable. Like i said before i have stayed here before two years ago, i didnt expect 5 star accommodation nor the service of an all inclusive. But had i read a review that would have saved me money and a ruined holiday i would have been grateful. I have travelled to jamaica on a twice yearly basis as my parents and family are jamaican born residents. Finally to the staff at tamboo...not all english people fail to fully understand exactly what is being said so it may be wise to refrain from talking about your customers in their presence.

• Stayed June 2013
9 Thank apple1974
We are so sorry you had a negative experience with us. Given the length of your stay, we should have rolled out the red carpet for you and your family.

I will have to raise your concerns with our housekeeping team and General manager. Once again, we apologize.

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

st. louis
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ended up at Jamaica Tamboo accidentally because Samsara lost our reservation. It has its pros and its cons. The family that runs the resort is very warm and accommodating. The wi-fi in the rooms is very good. The water pressure in the rooms is very good. But the room itself needed alot of maintenance and it had an issue with ants. The sheets on my bed did not fit and kept coming up on the sides. The A/C worked but was loud.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lzahn
Thank you for your comments and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We are making improvements to our infrastructure thus improving the overall quality of the resort. We hope that your next visit will be more enjoyable and relaxing than your last.