“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #12 of 41 Negril B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Home Away From Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Jamaica Tamboo has become my new Negril home away from home. You can't beat the location...right on the beach! Not ACROSS from the beach, but right ON the beach. For the budget traveler you can't beat this place. I'm not one who fancy big mega all inclusive hotels. I want a clean room, clean bathroom and hot water. They provide all of that...PLUS cable and AC! But what makes Tamboo stand out is their customer service. ALL of the staff there are friendly, attentive and make you feel right at home. If you want to eat off location (and yes, they do have an excellent bar and restaurant but let's face it...we all know you are gonna pay more if you eat at ANY hotel...ANYwhere) right outside the gates you are on the main strip and within walking distances are plenty of mom and pop restaurants, bars, jerk pans and more. I always make a stop at the store and get plenty of water and juice and snacks and drinks. Negril is one of the safest places in Jamaica so explore and have fun!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
JamaicaTambooResort, Owner at Jamaica Tamboo Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2017
Thank you for your comments and i am happy that you had a great time with us. We are always improving on our quality and service to ensure you continue to have a pleasant experience with each visit. We hope to host you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Jamaica Tamboo's the greatest, the best resort i've ever visited. Every person i know that visits there's tempted to visit over and over. i just love the vibe and the people there. It's not like most resorts whereby you have to be uptight and whatnot but you're given the freedom to be yourself at this resort. i love it there and Tamboo, believe me, you are seeing me many many more times again. Peace

Room Tip: the rooms may not be 'the best' but they are still very great. makes you feel like you are a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JamaicaTambooResort, Secretary at Jamaica Tamboo Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for rating us aming the better properties in Negril , as always criticism is always good and we hope to make our product better as we continue to strive for excellence
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

very friendly staff,excellent food,hotel is located on beach area,nightly entertainment with live "dj" and sometimes live band performances.They offer the best pizza in town and a variety of seafood dishes and just like any hotel rooms are cleaned on a daily basis.The staff are always checking up on me to make sure all is well and if there's anything they can do to make my vacation better.Overall the services were above my expectations and i'll be back for sure,for the watersports lovers there's s lots of activities including glass bottom boat rides,jet ski,etc.There's a restuarant on property & bar and lounge area which also offers a reasonable size disco upstairs with dancing area.Check this property out for the vacation of your life you won't regret,its worth every penny spent & more as the staff goes up and beyond to provide you with the best of services.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent but i prefer to be upstairs
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the future.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

After my father passing away Jan 27, 2006 I wanted to take my mom away! I found Jamaica Tamboo while walking the beach one day while staying at an all inclusive! I will never go all inclusive again! I love my freedom and the opportunity to get out and meet and mingle with the natives. Negril is my favorite spot and Tamboo is the 'BOMB!' Never met a friendlier staff or folks more willing to please! I even slept on the beach one night while the guard watched over me! JT, is the BEST, rooms are clean and steps from the beach! Food and Beverage, EXCELLENT! I will stay there time and again. Right now caring for 87 yr old mom, but on her day, I will celebrate by returning to JT! Don't miss out! Susie
I tried to delete the excellent for kids activities only because I have no idea. Sorry, only been there solo, with friends and family! Also, haven't been there in 6 years but tripadvisor would not let me submit this w/o checking a date and the options are all current!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

While I had planned to stay in an ALL-Incusive with a bachelor party group to Jamaica, the staff and management did a GOOD job of persuading me to stay because of the VALUE of the property. Not only iZ it in a great location in Negril but its clean, spacious and right on the water with itZ bar ONLY a few walking distances away. THIS PLACE iZ one of my FAVORITE spots and I am a WORLD traveler having been abroad over 200 timeZ...

Room Tip: ALL rooms seem to be equal so it all depends on YOU ;)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We were happy to have hosted you again and thank you for your comments. I am happy that you had a great time with us. We are always improving on our quality and service to ensure that you continue to have a pleasant experience with each visit. We hope to host you again in the future.