“Great budget hotel”
Review of Negril Beach Club

Negril Beach Club
Ranked #23 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Negril
Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed for 6 nights and found our stay to be perfect. The place is older but very spacious and clean. We had 2 double beds and a twin bed a fully equipped kitchen and bath. We took extra bath towels and are glad we did. The office rents beach towels for a couple of dollars a day. We paid extra $3. per day to use the safe in our room for peace of mind. Our unit had a brand new AC a large balcony with nice furniture. The cable had lots of channels and we had plenty of hot water. It was quiet (other than children running around) and the location was great.
We visit Negril twice a year and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gointonegril

Reviewed July 18, 2007

After many trips to Jamaica my friend and I decided to try this place as the idea of going self catering appealed to us.

Rooms - The rooms are basic but very spacious and clean. I have stayed in many apartments throughout the world and these were the best equipped. Ours had a coffee maker, blender, microwave, toaster, fridge freezer and a full oven with hob. The balcony was great, very large with a partial view of the beach with a table and four chairs to sit out at night and relax. The bedroom had two double beds which was a refreshing change for a one bedroom apartment as was much appreciated as we were two females sharing the apartment. There's plenty of wardrobe space and a modern a/c unit in the bedroom as well as a ceiling fan. There was no a/c in the living room but it was not missed as there was a ceiling fan and another fan to keep it cool. The maid didn't tend to come until 4pm which was good if you wanted to lay in in the mornings but could sometimes be a bit awkward if you wanted to go back to your room early. However, she did work around us so it wasn't too much of a problem.

Location - The apartments are in a good location close to all the local bars and restaurants and we also took a walk downtown which was about 10 mins away so you get the best of both worlds. Here there is a mini supermarket caled HiLo where you can purchase food and drink fo stock up on. The apartments are also located on the best part of the beach, very wide not as busy, so you can relax wih little interruptions.

Food and drink - The food is ok and reasonably priced, although we tended to eat out a lot of the time. Drinks are good too and 'big up' to Damion the bartneder he is a sweetheart making sure you are well looked after.

Pool - the pool is medium sized and doesn't seem to get busy. It was out of use for a couple of days as it was dirty and needed treating with chemicals but the management sorted this out fairly quickly and it was soon in working order. There is also a jacuzzi which was clean and in a fairly secluded place surrounded by trees which was nice to relax in.

Staff - the staff are friendly, especially on reception. When we were checking in they knew my name beforehand which is always impressive. I've seen that people have mentioned about a l'ady in the white pick-up truck' before on Mariners section which is part of the same hotel, saying she was rude to them. I know who she is and can she we didn't have a problem with her.

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank UKBlondie
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We loved this place. The freedom of buying food from Value Master or Hi-lo and cooking our own meals, was a big savings.
Jean and Doreen (managers) were very nice, and helpful. The grounds were nicely kept, and hummingbirds frequented flowers outside our balcony. Very clean, not the Ritz, but was definately worth the $. Great water pressure, A/C worked fine as did the stove. Overall a great experience, we will be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fiyahfitah
Reviewed May 15, 2007

I just returned from our annual Girl's Weekend 5/10-5/14. Our stay in Negril and at the Negril Beach Condos, was Phenomenal! We took a spacious bus from MoBay airport to Negil. Our driver Tom allowed us to stop along the way and to take pictures, shop, and to grab a cocktail. We stopped at a local bar run by a sweet man named Aubrey. The staff at NBCC, especially Charlie was wonderful! He helped us with our bags, took us to our room, and was available for WHATEVER we needed! He even took us to the Mayfield Falls and waited for our day trip to end, and took us back to the condo. The condo over all was very nice and comfortable for what we were there for. We had a very spacious condo with 3 double beds, and a kitchen. We did have a bit of an ant problem, but hey, ants like rum too!

Having a kitchen is key! There is a small market downstairs where you can get snacks, coffee, eggs etc. Cooking breakfast and having snacks saved us money on eating out for every meal.

Our maid was very nice and thorough. She changed the sheets, swept, mopped, and even swept down our sandy balcony when we returned from the beach.

NBCC is the perfect place to stay when in Negril. The location is wonderful, and the beach is just a few steps away! The grounds are lush and tropical. Walking up and down the beach is a delight complete with shops, colorful restaurants, friendly locals, and music.

I HIGHLY recommend Negril Beach Club Condos for the perfect Jamaican getaway!

Other recommendations:
• Rick's Cafe
• Take a small calculator to figure out the exchange rate
• Mayfield Falls
• The Hot Tub
• Disposable cups (easier to take your own drinks to the beach and hot tub)
• Bring an extra $50 in fives and singles for tips, you will find yourself tipping everyone you come in contact with.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank Dawnyelle
Reviewed May 9, 2007

Stayed at NBCC from 4/22-4/26, 2007. Arrived at noon even though check in wasn't until much later. Just shows that mgmt was trying to help out because they told me they would do everything to have the room ready by the time I got there and they did. Jean was such a lovely woman to talk with over the phone but somehow I managed to keep missing her while I was there. Doreen was a real sweetheart though throughout my stay there. We had a studio unit. It is very basic and evidently most units have microwaves but ours didn't. I wouldn't recommend getting the studio unless you're really planning on cooking or want the fridge. Our friends had the motel unit next to us and the room seemed bigger than ours and the bathroom was MUCH bigger than ours. The rooms are pretty basic but appeared that they'd been making some upgrades. The only real problem we had was with the air conditioner. You can only adjust with the remote, which they don't provide any more because too many were getting broken. You have to call and maintenance comes and adjusts for you. Our overhead light didn't work so I mentioned it to the housekeeper. Within 30 minutes someone was there to work on it. WOW......... We were really hot one day and found out about the air conditioner. I asked to have someone adjust and he was there immediately. AMAZING............. Our room was ground floor across from the pool and restaurant and also closest to the beach. Couldn't ask for a better location as far as I was concerned. Did go over to the restaurant a couple times to see what they had. Evidently you can only get buffet now. It was $15 for lunch on Sunday and $20 at dinner time. That seemed way overpriced to me so we passed on that. Mariners takes care of the restaurant now. I never did figure out why there are like three different property owners for the same property. Security did a great job watching out for everyone and made sure no one came onsite that wasn't supposed to. The beach is massive compared to most the other resorts we passed. It is really deep and very wide, was really impressive. I never did see any type of organized activities but that wasn't important to us. Would have been nice to have some live music but wasn't a big deal. Our housekeeper did a super job. We left tips and gifts one day but she didn't take them, I guess because we didn't leave a note.

Take what you can with you to give away. There are so many needs in JA. I took some carpenters pencils and wish I'd taken a ton more. They were a big hit and I had people asking if I had anymore. One guy told me he had to pay 50J's for one, which is = to about 75 cents US. School supplies are greatly appreciated as well as moisturizing lotions and soaps, childrens toys(yo yo's were a great hit with kids and adults), the list goes on. If you leave gifts for your maid please make sure you also leave $$.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
8  Thank Krim
Reviewed March 28, 2007

We rented our room through Orbitz and paid $722 for 3 nights! Thought this was okay for a 1 bedroom condo since we could make use of a kitchen and save money on meals, but we had 1 plastic fork and 1 platic knife in our 'condo'.

The room was clean, although it did not look very clean at first glance. Floor and counter tiles were cracked and sloppy painting of walls and trim added to the unkempt appearance. Many lamps but few light bulbs.

The location is great...at the far end of the beach where it is quieter, and a short walk from many good restaurants. The grounds are well kept and the staff is friendly.

Something to keep in mind here- we found it much cheaper to flag down a passing taxi than to use the ones waiting across the street.

I think next time I would try to call and negotiate the room price. I mentioned the lack of supplies upon checkout and was told they were locked up for spring break to keep the students from moving them from one condo to another.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank Fredsma
Reviewed March 16, 2007

This was our 7th trip to Negril, and our first time not staying at an all-inclusive. We could not have picked a better place. It really had the perfect balance of everything.

Staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating, but not over-bearing.

Our condo was great, clean and comfortable but not stuffy and pretentious. Best shower (water temperature and pressure) I've ever had in Jamaica, even better then Sandals.

The grounds were beautiful and well maintained, the beach was a nice wide stretch with plenty of space, the pool and Jacuzzi were clean and just the right temperature.

We never ate at the restaurant as we ventured out a lot, but the few frozen drinks I got there were good and the staff were very friendly.

Security was definitely present and made you feel safe, but not overly intrusive. It was a very refreshing change from the all inclusive, and wonderful to be able to have some of our Jamaican friends join us for a day on the beach, dip in the pool, and even make us a home cooked meal in our kitchen.

The other thing never to be overlooked is location. This was close enough to walk in to the Village, and to walk down the beach to the best spots for nightlife. I noticed there were fewer hustlers on this stretch of the beach, so it was a bit more peaceful.

Stayed: February 2007