“Great Lunch in Negril”

Cuisines: Jamaican, Mexican
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Great Lunch in Negril”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were staying at Tensing Pen and strolled over one day for lunch. We both had jerk chicken burritos and they were to-die-for. If you're staying on the cliffside of Negril treat yourself here. And if you're on the beach and cabbing it to Ricks, have the driver let you out here, get yourself a meal you'll enjoy and then walk the 50 feet up to Ricks to catch the sunset

Visited March 2012
3 Thank MsJitterbug

Miami, Florida
“Best Food in Negril By Far!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I are staying at Seastar Inn and were recomended to salt and pepper grill by some long-term guests. This is a great little place on the West End and has outrageous burritos and quesadillas. try the escoviche lionfish burrito if you go, it is to die for. great food, reasonable prices, clean restaurant and bathroom, and nice people. Also, probably the fastest you will get food in Jamaica.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank foodie12378
Chicopee, MA
“Seriously tasty burritos and quesidillas”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

If you love Jamacian food, burritos or quesidillas this is the place for you! It's an infusion of Jamaican, a great twist on the same old, same old. My husband is not a fan of Mexican cuisine but he was willing to try this place out. We ended up eating there twice because we loved the food so much. First trip jerk burritos and boy were they amazing! Second trip was a must to try the quesidillas. They too are amazisng. I love that the burritos are grilled before they are served. Yum! Very laid back atmosphere and welcoming. Salt and Pepper Grill is now on my "must eat at" places when in Negril! Look for their specials too...

3 Thank slalli
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“check this place out!”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

at first I thought the sign out front was a joke, burritos and quesadillas in Jamaica. No joke, just great food and great vibes at this little place on the West End. We were staying at Catcha Falling Star and passed by late one night on our way back to the hotel and saw a bit of a crowd so we decided to stop in for a night cap. The place was full of some locals and some tourists and everyone was having a blast. there is a Jamaican woman who is married to a Canadian man and then there is a chef from the U.S I think that does the food, pretty interesting combination, but it seems to be working. We wound up with a case of the munchies so my husband and I split a jerk chicken quesadilla...............and then another on it was so good. We ended up spending a lot of time here over the rest of our trip getting to know Pepper, Al, and Stuart and this is my new favorite hang-out in Negril!

1 Thank katiegirl60898
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Best food in Negril”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I was staying at Tensing Pen Resort on the West End and there is a little restaurant/bar across the street called Salt & Pepper. I passed it for a few days not really thinking too much about it until I heard everyone at the pool talking about this amazing burrito place near by. It turns out they were talking about Salt & Pepper, so we went over for lunch to check it out. I've got to say this place has the best food I've had anywhere in Negril. The menu is simple, just burritos and quesadillas done with a Jamaican-Mexican twist and it is amazing. We wound up eating there 5 times over the rest of our stay. I met the owner, a chef from Cape Cod who rumor has it has a pretty impressive reputation in the States and used to work for Wolfgang Puck. There is also another couple there that run the bar and they were also super nice. If you are in Negril and want to try something truley different check this place out.

3 Thank Foodie6969