“Samsara is wonderful - but not if your snooty.”

Samsara Cliffs Resort
Ranked #31 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Shoreview, Minnesota
“Samsara is wonderful - but not if your snooty.”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I've stayed at samsara multiple times, for a total of at least 30 nights. It is a wonderful hotel and we have never had anything but wonderful experiences there. If you are used to huge all inclusive resorts where you can't tell if you are in america or another country because all hotels look the same, then you won't like samsara. This is for people who want to experience the real jamaica - a laid back, clean, friendly enviroment. You can't expect to pay what you pay at samsara and get a five star hotel experience. we don't like all inclusive resorts and we LOVE samsara. It will be our only choice as we continue to return to negril every-other-year. Snooty people are better off at the other end of town at the huge all inclusives on the beach or at ricks cafe.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lekanderm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My experience at the Samsara Hotel was one that will live with my forever. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. Nothing was too much for them to do for you. The Breakfast was ok. Donna who makes the omlettes was a lovely and kind woman every morning my friend and I would go upstairs to the breakfast room. It was a pleasure and very relaxing to just chill around the pool area. Which we did alot. I was able to comfortable and security was very good. All the staff thank you for being such a lovely bunch of people and the ladies who worked in the shop adjacent to bar where you could purchase items of take home was real nice. I would recommend Samsara to anyone who wants to just get away from everything in London/UK. I stayed in the Cottages which were nice and clean. The towels were changed everyday and I did not have a problem with getting my towels changed at all. Samsara Hotel may you continue to flourish and Bless all the Staff there also.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank anacita1928
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We had a great time at Samsara. The resort was clean and the staff was great. We had a room with air conditioning and it was wonderful. I would strongly recommend you get a room with air. We loved the food served at dinner time. Lunch was good too, but there were only a couple of items to choose from if you had the all inclusive deal. But it was still good. Breakfast and dinner were buffet style and there was plenty to eat. The bar was great too. Every morning I got a massage on the cliffs. The pool was great and we enjoyed the shallow pool with lounge chairs in the pool. It was great! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My 9 nights were an enjoyable experience at this resort. The food was good, the room comfortable, and lounging on the cliffs was relaxing. They also had two pools. The staff was freindly and helpful. It was a great place to relax away from the traffic at the beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Michigan
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I'm the type of person who usually comes home from a vacation needing a vacation, but not this time - and several people have commented on how relaxed I seem. That's what Samsara will do for you. The atmosphere you get from the cliffs, the sea, the beaches in the distance, and the cooling breeze on a 90 degree day is amazing. It's not a high frills "beach in a box" place, but we didn't want that. I had read a review that said Samsara will give you the true Jamaican experience, and that is why we chose it in the first place, and it's true. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we felt very secure, the staff was great, my husband loved his massage, everything seemed freshly painted and repaired, they played Bob Marley music by the pool, there is no fighting for lounge chairs or a good place to photograph the amazing sunsets, the food is good, and the drinks are not wimpy at all. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and they made every attempt to make it special for us, and it was. I can't wait to go back. (PS: I would also recommend {--} for tours and airport transportation. Fun, fair, reliable, interesting and he gives you cold beer/pop for the ride.)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Massies Mill, Virginia
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Samsara is a safe, quiet and relaxing place to stay! Great cliff jumping and snorkeling on site. Great food and a friendly, helpful staff!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
London, Ontario
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I absolutely loved the solitude this resort offered. It was quiet and low key however; I appreciated the option of shuttling down to Legends if I wanted a different scene.

Although the food was immaculate and tasty... there should be a snack buffet offered in the afternoon as it was a long stretch between lunch and dinner and it does state "all inclusive." And perhaps serve alcohol until at least midnight please and thank you... it got quiet very early.

For those who are preparing to go to Sam Sara I suggest staying in the ocean view hut... very authentic. I had an absolutely wonderful stay and look forward to many more!!!!! :) I miss it already!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends