Samsara Cliffs Resort
  • Room Service
Xtabi Resort(Negril)
Citronella(Negril)
1,421 results
All reviewsciao jamaicapillar housesfree shuttlesister hotel legendsall inclusive planbring your own beach towelsall inclusive optionlegends beachocean sidelaid backjump offjerk chickengift shopcab ridewest endcallaloolounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place is truly extraordinary. Every time I come they've made improvements. The bar looks great. New paint. New stools. Same great bartenders. Owayne and Sherona. Did half our stay all inclusive, the other half room only, so we could try some of the local spots. Hotel food was good. We slept very well. New pillows, again with the improvements. Beautiful views as always. Check out there FB page, lots of great pics. All in all what keeps me and my girl coming back is how well maintained this place is. I've been coming to Negril a long time and many of the hotels/places I used to go see friends at are really run down now, but Samsara has always stayed up to date while still keeping that classic Negril vibe we all fell in love with. Sometimes when I read bad reviews about this place, I've got to wonder, what's wrong with some people.. One love mon be easy

• Stayed: February 2014
9  Thank LAballer
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here last memorial day for the long weekend. The cliffs looked great and the staff was friendly when we checked in, but thats about where the positives ended.

The all inclusive option is kind of a joke in terms of food, as they serve you the exact same thing each day. There are very few options and can be very long lines at breakfast, as only one person is serving food.

We stayed in one of the tree house type rooms which look really cool but are not that great in practice. There's no AC in those rooms which we new in advance and were ok with. What's not ok is that there are no screens on the windows and therefore you cannot have any air circulation, without getting eatin alive by mosquitos.

The hotel advertises a shuttle to there sister resort on the beach. It is important to note that it only makes one trip a day and if you don't want to spend the entire day there you will need to take a $5-10 cab ride back. We opted to do this as there were stray cats all around that property.

I'd recommend just going to Rick's for a day if your interested in the Cliffs and stay elsewhere. This resort is in major need of upgrades.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed February 19, 2014

If you are looking for a Jamaican experience I would not ever recommend this resort. If you want Cliffs go to Rick's Café or Push Cart. The bed is not comfortable, the tub faucet in the shower fell off, the tax you pay on your cc you are also going to pay in person. The staff is not friendly and the small over priced drinks are ridiculous. We stayed here for one week and I will never go back. I did not appreciate the lack of information you get upon check in which when we showed up the front desk was locked and the security guard let us in to our room (he wasn't sure if it was for us or not when he took us to it.) Taxi's from this resort are a joke. You may not know but only certain taxi cab's are safe to enter into. The Taxi's with the red license plate are the legit taxi's. The taxi you get from the resort (not the bus) are not regulated and being a tourist I would advise against it. (We only found this out from the other resort we stayed at and they were truly amazing) This resort wants to appear like a high end resort but they aren't. If you want a beautiful experience look for something along the beach or somewhere other then this crap hole. Jamaica is beautiful, the people are so friendly at this hotel its the complete opposite!

Room Tip: Rondel Village is the best! I highly recommend staying there!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Gordon S
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were not looking for a fancy place. A nice, clean room near the water is all we ask for and decent breakfast and lunch. Our room was very clean and it was right near the water- excellent.

The towel situation was a bit off putting- one of our towels had a rather large hole- and they would wash the same towels and return them to our room each day. Sometime I felt I was making plans around when my dry towel would arrive.

The food was less than great. And maybe I'm really American, but I'd love to have a serve yourself coffee bar so I don't need to wait and get a proper coffee cup and saucer. But bar service was great and the people were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aszekely
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I were guests in January @ Samsara and recovered from our big city, high wire non-stop life with massages, sunning, swimming, eating delicious food and having fun-filled evenings @ the bar! When we weren't do that, we caught up on our reading and emails - whew! When we didn't eat @ the hotel, we crossed the road to "Ciao Jamaica" restaurant and were totally satisfied with mouth-watering delights and friendly service. We met so many interesting people from all over the world and decided to return next year for more R & R!!!

Room Tip: The 'tree houses' are very private and are located right at the sea - with soothing sounds lulling us asleep. But if you need air conditioning, get a different room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple