Samsara Cliffs Resort
  • Pool
$492
$313
  • Breakfast included
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
Hedonism II(Negril)
$824
$749
  • Breakfast included
Kuyaba Hotel & Restaurant - Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$89
Catcha Falling Star Gardens(Negril)(Great Value!)
$69
$66
$45
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
$140
$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
1,421 results
All reviewsciao jamaicapillar housesfree shuttlesister hotel legendsall inclusive planbring your own beach towelsall inclusive optionlegends beachocean sidelaid backjump offjerk chickengift shopcab ridewest endcallaloolounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012

stayed there the last week of November. Have stayed there many times before. We have traveled a lot, to many different countries. Have stayed in several different places in Jamiaca. This is the one we keep coming back to. Love the ability to go to Legends for the day or a meal. Not a family place. The staff is great. Left my Ipod there last year and the staff found it and sent it to me. Not a 5 star, or even a 4 star. Although, clean, comfortable and safe. The cliffs are peaceful and beautiful. Great value. The food is good, although not great. Lots of great places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kentuckybug
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I wanted a budget anniversary, and Samsara fit the bill (the Groupon was a deal). Yes, the food gets old fast (mostly fried, and surprisingly not much fresh fruit), and it's not as nice as the pictures make it out to be. There are also simple things that could be done to improve the property, such as brighter lights in the bathroom (I used a flashlight to shave), making the room more air tight (there were gaps around the doors), and better mattresses (we stayed in two rooms, and one room had a very old and hard mattress).
We are frugal travelers though, and for the money, we were happy with it. Most of the staff were very gracious, and did their best to please. Being on the cliffs was great, it’s fun to jump off the different elevations into the water, and the sunsets can be great over the ocean. If you are deciding between Legends (the sister resort to Samsara) and Samsara, I would recommend Samsara, partly because it is more private (no one trying to sell you stuff).
I also recommend the dive shop, the owner was good to work with, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DC2690
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I have travel many times and twice before in Jamaica, this was such a bad experience. We checked in and was told we had to pay for a AC for each nite after being told that it was included, I made three calls there. Then we were led to our room, the resort was a mess. We then went down to the buffet, our drinks were watered down and the food was cold, we were the first on line.

Room Tip: Nothing to say
8  Thank regina126
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Samsara is a wonderfully-kept and friendly hotel. Everything was extremely clean and relaxing.The pool and cliffs are beautiful and also provide a lot of people watching opportunity. For the price of the sea view room, we felt that Samsara provided good amenities and variety compared with other places on the cliffs. It is the best middle of the road option, in my opinion.

We chose to opt out of the all-inclusive since we're kind of adventurous. This was clearly the way to go after seeing some of the food and how sad everyone looked while standing in line! There are a couple great restaurants within walking distance and even more after a cab ride either to the beach or other places on the cliffs. They are well worth the cab fare and will show you more of daily life in Jamaica.

Ciao Jamaica across the street had decent pizza delivery and saved us from a bang-up night at the bar!

The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are having fun and not walking out into the street or getting hassled. They keep an eye on you from a distance, which is nice.

2  Thank Diana H
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I went to Samsara for our honeymoon. I had been looking for an affordable caribbean get away and didn't want the hassle of carrying money around. Let me just say, when Samsara claims an all inclusive package. DO NOT BE FOOLED! The food was buffet style and if you are ok with bad hot dogs and hamburgers on a regular basis, book now. If you don't like hot dogs and hamburgers, well the quality goes down from there.

We stayed in one of the pillar houses, a beautiful elevated bungalow overlooking the cliffs and the Ocean. It is their premier spot, their up-sell. And in fact the location is marvelous but inside left much to be desired. Suffice it to say that the bed looked like it was purchased at a garage sale 20 years ago.

On a positive note, the restaurant staff was wonderful, and our experience getting scuba certified at the dive shop on site was excellent. Our massages were very good albeit quite expensive for a cut rate resort.

So if you want to go to Samsara... Don't waste your money on the upgrade, don't waste your money on the "all inclusive package". Ask for Gregory "Flava" for a ride to and from the airport and make sure you get out to the "out of town bakery" to have an aki loaf.

If you are the Owner and reading this get some new beds for crying out loud and hire a cook that can make something my dog wouldn't pass up on.

2  Thank Joshua S