“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Austin, Texas
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I love the Seastar. My BFF and I go at least once a year. We have met great people there and the staff is like family. We love SeaStar. Just like they say, "come as a guest and leave as family." That's so true. Now we go to Seastar to see our family, enjoy Negril, and relax!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Malpetunia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Spent only one night. went mostly for the concert, but enjoyed the place. The concert was not disappointing. The food was good. The staff was fantastic. Extremely helpful and accommodating. Did everything to make us feel at home.
Great value for money. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank james p
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had a wonderful time at the SeaStar Inn. I had all the accommodations that I have back home which included A/C and Wifi.

The staff was very friendly anything my family and I asked them to do they graciously did it with a smile, and if they couldn't do it they'd do their best to try and get the next best thing or find an alternative solution. You also develop a bond with the staff as if they're your own family.

Over the place is nice for the price, the food was good, but really wanted to see some more authentic Jamaican food and the bar drinks were good as well.

If I'm ever in Negril again I would stay here and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Asanderson828
Orillia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Home away from home, you are just right at home. First visit in 2004 and still lov'in the vibes. I have over 26 years travelling to Negril and well over 60 visits. Seen it, been there, done it. By far the Seastar Inn is the place to stay, great rooms, food is fab and everything you could dream of. The staff is more superior than anywhere I have ever stayed. They are responsible for me coming back time and time again. They are family and treat you just like it every time. From a tiny place to a bigger tiny place what I really respect is the investment back into the hotel. The owners Chris and Francine have worked so hard to put their money back into the hotel to make their family of many friends a very enjoyable vacation. That's respect in a big thank you way. If you need anything on your stay at Seastar, don't be shy, just ask. You are family and loved. I say you cant go wrong, give it try. Being relaxed with no pressure in warm friendly atmosphere is what vacations are all about. Its got a lot of class. Just to be clear all the staff at Seastar from house keeping, office, kitchen, bartending, groundskeeper, security, music guy and owners all go over and beyond,.... everyday shift to ensure their guests come back. They are the family of memorable vacations.....................!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, you cant pick a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dawna L
Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My room was 5. I had a king size bed, fridge, sink, desk, tv with cable (few channels), and bureau. Also I had a porch with a hammock. The place wasn't ready when I arrived. The cleaning folks had to come in and change the sheets and stuff. I went to the bar to try out the food and when I was done eating and having two beers, they were gone. The place looked clean enough.

Food was alright. Nothing to write home about. Plenty of choices to choose from.

People were friendly for the most part. They weren't very outgoing but if you talked to them, they were pretty nice. I think this is just how people in Jamaica are as it seems to be a common theme.

The landscape was lovely. You definitely felt that tropical experience. All sorts of critters chirping all throughout the evening. If you want quiet, you won't get it here. I was able to sleep fine but I can see some people having issues with the crickets.

Location blew. Nothing appears to be short walking distances. The closest beach required a cab or you had to drive yourself.

Pool was clean. At night, they turn on the lights in the pool and it has this glow to it. Real nice.

Unfortunately, not too many people stayed here when I did. Its a shame because the place is pretty good. Only downside being the location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room to get a balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Karim A
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

As a local. It felt warm and quite friendly while there.
However they need to put in proper checks
and balances in order not to call quest about missing orange sheets.It was very embrassing to get a call about sheets.
I wonder if they would do this to foreigner or if its applies only to locals. After calling to talk to personnel I was told ,sometimes people mistaken pack things away (bright orange coloured sheets).I wanted my staycation to leave good memories but I regret going.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kayan B
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Seastar Inn has been my first choice for my stay while in Negril for years now ... the owners , Chiris and his lovely wife Francine , as well as all the great staff , make your stay memorable and fun.Saturday Nights are special there . with live musical entertainment . drummers with dancers , as well as an incredible buffet ...foods delicious !! Rooms are clean and comfortable . and the yard is full of a wide variety of plants and trees , lots of humming birds and tree frogs that sing in the evening ... swim up bar makes afternoon chillaxing fun , or theres a shuttle to take groups down to the beach for the day ... first time there I knew I found my second home , a place where I have brought group after group of Family members of who share my memories of paradise .. The Seastar Inn ... see you in Feb !!

Room Tip: my fav is the one right by the pool ... stairs lead out of the room right down to the wata
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family