“4th stay and it was perfect like always”
Review of Seastar Inn

Seastar Inn
Ranked #1 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“4th stay and it was perfect like always”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The previous review is quite interesting to say the least. From my four stays I have dealt with nothing but great guest, many of whom are repeaters. Chris and Francine the owners are wonderfully engaged host who provide an amazing value. In fact I will be back for my 5th stay in a few weeks and have no doubt that it will be equally as great.

Room Tip: 17-20 are the newer rooms. All are clean however.....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed September 17, 2013

First person I met was Henry the shuttle driver. He was so friendly and informative. He tells you about each part during the 90 minute ride (scenery is nice so u will be fine) . Then you drive up a little road and the gates to happiness and laughter open. The security guard is a sweetheart. I forgot his name but he is very tall and a little hefty , I think it might be Kirt he greets you all the time. Okeema the receptionist is a darling too. Very polite. Alvin the bartender is hilarious and always makes sure your comfortable. The owner of the property is very nice too. The cute little gift shop is full of fun little things. The continental breakfast is simple yet filling. The porridge is on point! The lobster sandwich and Burgers are awesome and the drinks sneak up on you especially the rum punch! The rooms are spacious and give you the island feel with various paintings and island flowers used to decorate the rooms. The finished wood ceiling in my room was a nice touch and when it rained it was therapeutic. The pool is a decent size with a bar to sit at poolside. The dining area is pretty big with two floors and a full bar. The Saturday night reggae party is awesome. Local band and a good native drumming session at the end with audience participation makes it the best part! I got V.I.P. treatment from start to finish and I loved that there is a store down the road that sells mostly anything you need. The locals are nice too and various places to eat in short walking distance. I will stay at SeaStar Inn every time and I will be back next September. Thank you all much respect and appreciation. (Nina R.)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Nina310
Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We had high hopes due to reviews on this site and another. The rooms were spacious and clean but the location was less than desirable. We weren't sure whether it was okay to walk the alley/lane at night and while some of the staff were friendly, they seemed to prefer Canadian guests. We enjoyed the Saturday night show and buffet but Stayed a couple of nights and moved Elsewgere. I'm sure this is a great spot for some- it just wasn't for us.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Small, quaint, no fuss. If you want to feel at home reserve your vacation at Seastar. I was greeted by Okema as she greeted me by my first name, as well as reserved a table reserved for husband/son and I for the VERY entertaining Reggae show and Jamaican buffet. Excellent staff, property grounds are beautful! Lots of tropical plants and banana trees. We were in room 19 (newly renovated) with fountain view, very relaxing and private. My husband also enjoyed a massage near the pool. THANKS TO THE OWNER CHRIS. Barbara/waitress had a special breakfast prepared for my husband and I. My husband have much respect for Kirk/Security. Great staff! Nice job to the owners Chris and Francine. Soon Come.

• Stayed August 2013
Lantana, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I look for the "3 C's". a)Courtesy b)cleanliness and c)comradery. From the moment I called to the day I gave them my key when leaving, everyone treated me with the utmost in respect and Courtesy. At first, I was a little taken aback at just how friendly and thoughtful the entire staff was when attending to my every need and even anticipation of when I might need something. I quickly came to realize that they really cared and it was not just an act. Everyday the maid came and tidied up my room. I inspect rooms where I work so I knew if a room had been thoroughly cleaned or just brushed over. I was very impressed. The grounds were constantly being cleaned and trimmed; floors swept and furniture in the dining room straightened and wiped clean. Again, very impressed. All this being said, it was the Comradery that impressed me the most. I live most of the year in Jamaica and know how staff can sometimes be cut-yeye with each other but this is a cohesive group that pulls together and pulls the visitor into their circle of friendship.

I have been traveling and living in Jamaica for 30 years and have crossed many hotels off my favorite list all over the island but so far; Seastar Inn is at the top of the list. Big Up to all the Staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Management138
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

There is nothing more than I can say that has not already been said in the previous reviews. This was my fiance and I first trip abroad ever and we stayed 5 days. I felt nervous before my arrival because everyone kept asking "is it all inclusive?" We got there and I soon realized that we did not need all inclusive! This inn met ALL of our needs. Our vacation was absolutely and perfectly amazing!. Okeema greeted me by name. Henry the driver was excellent as he drove us around and gave us advice on anything we asked and needed to know about the island. He was even kind enough to arrange a after hours taxi to be out front of the night club "The Jungle" to get us back to our room safely. The bar staff and security was excellent. In one day it felt better than staying with family! And food...SUPERB! I hate to tell what seems a well kept secret but I wouldn't stay any place else when visiting Negril. I suggest this for anyone looking to truly experience Jamaica.

Room Tip: Upper floors have better views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Q Fields M
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My daughters (23 & 24) and I just came back from a week stay at the Seastar Inn Negril. They did not want to come back! We had an amazing time. From the initial contact for our reservation - Okema was very helpful and attentive. Henry, the driver they sent to pick us up was so nice and funny. He waited 3 hours at the airport because our flight was delayed. We were worried we wouldn't have transportation when we got to Montego Bay but the hotel reassured that we would have our driver and he was there.

We got in just in time for Saturday night show, which was amazing. We truly enjoyed Linval and his drummers and dancers. Next day we took the free shuttle to the
beach. Rochelle suggested The Boardwalk and it was beautiful. We had fresh lobster and they have lounge chairs and umbrellas no charge.

On Monday, Junior, the hotel driver took us to Blue Hole. An incredible mineral spring cavernous pond. On Tuesday the driver from Island Tours came right before 7am to take us to Ocho Rios to Dunns River Fall and the Bob Marley tour. It was a long trip but we enjoyed every part of it. Owen, our tour guide and driver, would tell us all about the interesting places, history and was very attentive and respectful to us. What an amazing day!!

We stayed in the hotel Wednesday since we were so tired from the long trip the day before. Everyone at Seastar would ask us about our tour and were so pleased we enjoyed it. Chris and Francine, the hotel owners, have such a wonderful group of people working at the hotel. They truly make you feel at home. So much so that all the other guests would treat each other like we all knew each other. Saying hello in the morning and telling each other about our day adventures.

The famous Rick's Cafe is walking distance from Seastar. Another must see in Negril. The divers are incredible. We even jumped in with the lifeguards.

There are plenty of places to go see and the people are so friendly. Margaritaville and The Jungle for night partying, where Chris even gave us a ride. Karaoke night at Seastar was also a blast!

We did so many things and met the most amazing people! Thank you Chris an Francine, Okema, Henry, Junior, Rochelle, Barbara, Clara, Linval and all the rest of the team.

We will certainly be back and real soon!!!

• Stayed July 2013