“Never let's me down!”
Review of Seastar Inn

Seastar Inn
Ranked #1 of 44 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Attended the Seastar Saturday night buffet, before checking in for 5 nights on the Monday, Christmas Eve. Since I would be checking out the following Saturday morning, I did not want to miss this evening that I had heard so much about. You can watch it live on http://www.realnegril.com each Sat. night. Great buffet for $12.00 and live music to entertain us.

This year I went to Negril with my husband, son, daughter and her boyfriend. After sepnding 5 nights on the beach we went to Seastar to relax and enjoy the what the Westend had to offer. Since this was my 3rd stay in 3 years at Seastar, I have to say I am a little biased and cannot say enough of this bed and breakfast Inn.

We had a terrific Christmas dinner, which Chris and Francine, the owner's hosted. Approx 70 people were there to enjoy the turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing and yummy gravey not to forget the tasty frozen cream cheese cake!

The place is kept clean and spotless. Francine is a very talented lady who also runs her own plant nursery and has her own handicrafts. My husband purchased a very vibrant wooden carved rooster that sits proudly in our living room.

Always a retreat to return to and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Cobblett
There are newer reviews for Seastar Inn

Reviewed January 1, 2008

Best price/quality value! It is really inexpensive but ooh, so friendly and professionally run. Don't expect luxury, but everything is there and it works. Our family of two adults and two grown kids just spent Christmas week at the Seastar and had a wonderful time. It is not on the beach and you can walk to another resort to sit around on the rocks or take a shuttle to the 7 mile beach. If we had any complaint, it was that there really was not a great place to lay down and read. There are only 4 chaises around the pool at the Seastar, the beach is fun but crowded and noisy and the resort on the rocks has very few lounges. The Seastar's owners, Chris and Francine are very attentive. They gave us rides, arranged excursions, had a Turkey Christmas dinner, etc. The rest of the staff is also professional and friendly. For an inexpensive stay with real Jamaican flavor, the Seastar is terrific.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Amerloque
Reviewed July 5, 2007

Finally just getting around to put in a good word about Seastar. My wife and I stayed there for a week in March, and I can not say enough about the great hospitality at the Seastar. Chris and Francine are two of the nicest folks you ever want to meet. Any thing you need is taken care of for you. The gardens are awsome and well taken cared for. The rooms were spotless, and cleaned everyday by Loretta. The chef Baker is an incredible cook, we never ate anywhere else in Negril because we knew any place other than Seastar would have been a let down. The coco bread lobster salad sandwich was addicting, I had 5 of them during our stay. The Saturday buffet was killer and so were the jams by Rasta Ralfie at the Twisted By the Pool Party. The staff really makes you feel at home. Will be back at the Seastar for sure, the sooner the better !!! Thanks Chris for everything...Dino and Lisa....... p.s. Don't forget to bring home a few bottles of Francine's homemade hot sauce, its mighty good stuff.

• Stayed: July 2007
14  Thank Dino46
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Both my wife and I are recently retired from high presure jobs. Our friends have attempted on several ocassions to have us join them at the Seastar Inn; However do to other obligations we were unable to join them. This time when they asked we were ready. We have been to Jamaica twice before and it was apparent the safety in the areas we visited were a chief concern to us. We arrived before our friends did
as their flight had to be rerouted. So for one day we were there without them (they had been at the Seastar trice before and knew the atmosphere). Well it didn't take long for us to start to enjoy the Seastar Inn. First we changed into our swimming suits and we started to enjoy the swim-up bar with those amazing mudslide drinks that clarol and Joel would make for us. Later we ordered food from the menu at the bar. When the food arrived the preparation and presentation was outstanding. The amount of food was enough for two people and it was very tasty. Upon our arrival we met Diane, the Seastar manager who took personal care us. We later met the owners, Chris and his beautiful wife Francine, These two people were simply wonderful to us and to all the guest and. I felt like we were with family. Soon we started to meet all the staff, Joel, Clarol, Joyce, Barbara, Michelle, loretta, Ann,"T", Oney, Garret, and last but not least Baker, the Chef that cooked all those magnificent meals to perfection. Everytime we left our huge clean room the atmosphere at the Seastar was one that let you realize that you were on
"Vacation". When our friends arrived the PARTY was on. They relieved me of all my safety concerns when they explain to me that if you are with Chris you like a made Man. Chris had a good reputation in the area and his Guest were off limits. We were booked for 10 days but, we extended for 7 days more and so did our friends. I wish we were there now, we will be back. next year if not sooner. "Thanks Chris and Francine for making this the Best Vacation Ever." We were there from April 2-19th, 2007........ review by Buffalo and Janice, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank buffalosoldiers
Reviewed April 27, 2007

Finally getting around to writing about the Seastar...my wife and I were here for 10 days in March and we can't say enough good things about the hotel...we loved it here..Chris and Francine are two extremely nice people and great hosts,(e.g.) a couple wanted some hot dogs for lunch and Chris searched the entire area to procure the rolls; I can't see that happening down the road at Sandals...Don't forget the restaurant at the Star, the food was very good and the Saturday buffett ($12) can't be beat...In closing, if you want a real nice laid-back experience with a good vibe, make the Seastar your Negil home, we will.

• Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank mrjimioth
Reviewed April 22, 2007

This was my 9th trip to Jamaica and I have always stayed at an all-inclusive. Since I am more comfortable with getting around the island now, I decided to go with a smaller hotel and just pay as I go - eating and drinking where ever I happened to be. I am so glad I chose to stay at the Sea Star!! Chris, Francine & every single staff member are extraordinary!! They treat you like family
and I have never felt more relaxed and comfortable at any other hotel.
The hotel is situated about 400 yards off the main road - not a far walk unless you are carrying 24 beers from the corner store lol. There are a few homes along Sea Star road and you will meet many of the people that live there - they are all friendly and welcoming. (carry some candies with you for the children) And be sure and grab a great meal at Leroys just at the end of the road - great prices & freshly cooked.
Sea Star hotel is a picture perfect oasis nestled in lush tropical surroundings. There is a recreation area that has a pool table, books to read and a stereo symstem - you just make yourself at home and play what ever music you would like.
There is a swim up bar & a small jacuzzi with a fountain located just beside the bar - both are beautiful and well taken care of. Here is where you will meet many of the people that live in the area and alot of travellers that are just stopping in for a bite to eat or a few drinks. Sea Stars food is top-notch and prices are reasonable. (really loved the Coco bread Pizza & the Saturday night buffet can't be beat!!)
The rooms are fabulous. Stayed in room 7 - we had 2 double beds and a dining table in a very spacious room. There is a kitchenette and a lovely balcony complete with 2 chairs, table and a hammock - the view from our room was breath-taking!!!
The bathroom was the largest one I have seen in my travels to Jamaica and had a shower & tub.
I was travelling with friends Kaye & Mike from Indiana. They were only staying for 5 days while I was there for 7. Before I left home I was a little freaked out about being on my own for a few days.
I worried for nothing!!! I was so completely comfortable and never once felt otherwise - the staff and the few guests that were there always kept the conversation going and safety was never a concern.
I can not say enough good things about the Sea Star - it is paradise!!! Chris...thank you for a wonderful holiday!!
And Kaye & Mike...thank you for joining me on this adventure, hope we have many more - I love you guys!!
Tawnee

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank jamaniac
Reviewed January 13, 2007

My husband and I just returned from Negril and spent 4 nights at the Seastar Inn. It is a perfect place to get away and chill. The property is manicured beautifully. The rooms are average but have everything you need...good water pressure, A/C, nice balcony with hammock, 2 double beds, TV. Chris, Francine and their staff are always there to get anything you need. Chris is a really good guy, a hard worker and dedicated to making your stay a good one. Feel free to ask him ANY questions....he's a long timer from Canada. The Coco bread Pizza was great..the continental breakfasts included fresh, homemade muffins that were delicious. It was a short walk to the West End Road, but it was cool to meet and talk to the children along the way...we gave out candy whenever we saw them. EVERY child we gave anything to thanked us. We have been to Negril 5 times and this is the first time we have felt the "real" experience of being close to the local people.
We'll be back!!!