“Paradise Found?? You Betcha!”
Review of Lost Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lost Beach Resort
Ranked #74 of 81 Hotels in Negril
TUCSON, ARIZONA
“Paradise Found?? You Betcha!”
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Definitely Paradise!
From the ride from Mobay across the lush Jamacian Mountains, travelling through small native villages with names like Anchovy, Ramble, etc, you arrive at the Lost Beach Resort !!
With its beautiful unspoiled beach front, you know you have found the" Vibe" Jamaica is famous for! Ya Mon!!
The resort staff are friendly and eager to make your stay the most memorable you'll have anywhere!.
Jennifer the host and Gen. Mgr., is a lovely lady She goes out of her way to accommodate her guests. She will ask you upon your arrival if there is "anything" she can do to make your stay special.!! My husband is a Diabetic and even when his "lifeline" his Insulin pump failed on a trip to Little Bay what was a very serious and scary experience, was made more manageble with the help and concern of the staff from the resort!

Sebert our guide got us a phone to call the States and back to the resort in a flash! Having friends like the ones at the resort was priceless !

Choices of things to do are endless, you can deep sea fish for your meal then have it prepared by the Chef at night, or laze and relax and choose from the wonderful memu for some exquisite Jamacian cuisine..... 9 mile, Bob marley's home is just a drive away, snorkeling, romantic walks on the beach....
The entire staff make you feel "at home on the island"

Safety, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Vibe!!
Up coming will be our 4th stay at LBR!, we have found no reason to stay anywhere else! We have become friends of the Islanders! You can too!!!

Check out Lost Beach Resort!

• Liked — Freinds
  • Disliked — Bugs
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BEACHBUMSAZ

the US
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We were looking for places to stay in Jamaica when we came across the Lost Beach website. It seemed like the perfect fit - nice accomodations, great views, but not so closed off that you don't get to actually see the Island, like more of the all-inclusives seem to be.

We spent a lot of time on our balcony, reading and watching the ocean. The view was very pretty. The bugs were pretty bad, even though we came prepared. We used up a whole bottle of bug spray and still came home covered with bites, but that's certainly not the fault of the resort. I would, however, recommend staying away from the hammocks. I spent maybe 20 minutes in one and my back was COVERED with flea bites. Luckily they faded pretty quickly.

The dinners were amazing. We had lobster the first night which was delicious, and there were a number of delicious shrimp dishes. I was very disappointed with the lunch menu, though. There were just a few choices, none of which were very good, and we were far enough away from anything else that it wasn't convenient to go elsewhere.

I would also not recommend the YS Falls trip. It cost $100 just to get there (and another $25 for us both to get in), and it really wasn't that impressive. Our trip into Negril was awesome, though. We walked down the beach and ate at some pretty great places, and then we went snorkeling out at the reef. We'd definitely recommend getting a waterproof camera. The pictures we took while snorkeling turned out great. The water along the beach there was so clear and beautiful, and there were so many great restaurants there, we almost wished we'd stayed at one of the hotels along the beach there in Negril.

Really, if it's your first time in Jamaica, I'd suggest staying in Negril. Not necessarily in one of the all-inclusives, but it would've been nice if we'd been able to walk to all of the places we wanted to go, and we really would have liked to spend more time there. And I've never seen beaches as beautiful as they are there. I don't want to take away from Lost Beach, but it's more of a place I would've wanted to go on a second trip to Jamaica, when I'd be looking for more low-key, non-touristy activities.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Lost Beach. Everyone there was super nice and helpful, and we could tell they really cared about making our stay a nice one. I guess it just wasn't exactly what we were expecting, but we still had a very nice time.

• Liked — The great food
  • Disliked — A little too far away from things
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fleurde1isa
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We left our home in Atlanta and took the earliest Air Jamaica flight available to Montego Bay. Having never been out of the US, I was amazed at the colorful, exotic beauty of Jamaica.
We were lucky enough to spend 11 days at Lost Beach, and also had our wedding ceremony there a few days into our trip.
The staff are gracious, helpful and willing to do ANYTHING to make your trip relaxing and memorable.

Upon arriving at the MB Airport, we navigated our way through immigration and customs pretty quickly. At the end of the red tape, we looked for our driver to the resort. For a few minutes, we didn't see anyone but Sandals' chauffeurs and tourists milling around. Then, leaning against a pole, holding the Lost Beach sign, we found him: a tall Rastafarian, sporting dreads and a red, yellow and green knitted hat. This was our first meeting with Seaberth (pronounced See-Bert), who quickly became a great friend to us.
If you can, avoid driving in Jamaica. The roads are terrible(especially for spoiled Americans), but the beauty of the drive more than makes up for the potholes and winding narrow streets. I was enchanted by the lush landscape, dotted with small bars, brightly colored houses and wandering livestock along the way. Seaberth was even nice enough to stop at a small hut so we could enjoy a cold Red Stripe and some other goodies.
We finally found ourselves in Little London, then turned on a small dirt road which led us to the resort. Wow.
Behind the elegant restaurant and bar, the ocean was blue and gorgeous. We met with Jennifer, the manager, who quickly checked us in and got us settled in our Beach House.
Located 50 feet from the sea, the rustic house has paradise for a front yard. We spent endless hours on our porch gazing at the sea and enjoying Red Stripe. On other days, we swam, sunned and relaxed on the beach. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were excellent (thanks Bobette and Heidi!). We highly recommend the Dread Sandwich-yum! And as for dinner, we were in Heaven. Lobster, fresh tuna, shrimp in garlic butter, steak; does it get any better than that??
But, as good as the food was, and as beautiful as the beach was, our favorite and most memorable part of our trip will be our wedding. The staff went all out for us. A gorgeous wedding bood interwoven with local flowers and palm fronds awaited our union. We had champagne, Jamaican wedding cake and the best people EVER at our wedding!
Nakeisha, Aeirou, Dean, Seaberth, Jen-THANK YOU!
Also, a thanks to Capt. Bora for taking us snorkeling and deep sea fishing.

We miss our Jamaican Family, and can't wait to see you all again! We will be back!

• Liked — The people and the gorgeous surroundings
  • Disliked — The damn Sand Fleas!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank andersonsatl
Arkansas
Reviewed June 18, 2007

When we first arrived in Jamaica from the states, my first thought was wow! how different everything looks. My second thought was how glad I was my boyfriend thought to arrange with the Resort, transportation to and from locations. Riding with Sebert, gave us some local flavor and knowledge of where we were and what we were seeing. It was a ride I soon won't forget!
I think that what I will always remember about Lost Beach is the kindness of the staff and their willingness to go out of their way for anything we needed. We went deep sea fishing and Capt. Borrah kept us on the water so we could see the sun set on the ocean. It was breath taking and so romantic! Then to eat our catch that night was sooo delicious!! Snorkeling the reef was so incredible, you felt like you were in your own world, and it was fun to watch the fishermen spear fishing and to dive down for shells. We ate fresh Lobster and sea food that night. I was in heaven. There were days we sat on the beach and did nothing but read, swim, and drink Red Strip beer, laugh, walk up and down the beach finding shells. On other days, we went into Negril and up into the mountains to Mayfield Falls. I loved how I got to be a part of local life. Watching the local villagers row out to the ocean, casting their fishing nets out and hauling in their catch. Collecting clams, and seaweed for food, and polishing conch shells on the beach that was found in the ocean. They embraced us and welcomed us, and I feel when we come back, that we will be returning to visit with friends! A word of advice, bring bug spray for sand fleas (it works well and keeps them off) and a toothbrush cover. (you are on a tropical island!) We had a lovely time and will be returning! A word of thanks to Jennifer for sending my battery charger to me.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank nofyr
London
Reviewed April 20, 2007

JAMAICA NO MISTAIKA
Jamaica has been on my “to-do” list since I started thinking about travelling at the tender young age of 17! Still an avid Bob Marley fan at the ripe old age of 35, the alluring image of sandy beaches, friendly people and local herbs was too tempting to resist any longer. What better way to escape the nasty London winter than to spend New Years eve island style.

Air travel during peak season is not for the faint-hearted. Security has become such an issue that is it essential these days to allow for at least three hours check-in! My man and I missed our flight out of Fort Lauderdale to Montego Bay and ended up flying to Kingston instead, amazing-race style! Spirit airlines offer cheap flights once you’re in the USA and they’re worth checking out to save those well earned pounds and dollars! The long queue at immigration allowed us to check the various options of getting to our destination – the sleepy village of Negril.

Car rental was one of the more adventurous options, however we realised that the 3-5 hour journey may well have been extended well into the night once we had negotiated our way out of the Kingston airport and the potholed roads! Kingston was humid and crowded and we ended up catching one more flight on Air Jamaica straight to Montego Bay and were collected by the shuttle service offered by our trusty “Lost Beach Resort”. The “short” journey seemed endless, swerving potholes, people and goats! We realised how wise we had been not to attempt the drive!

Sporting dreads down to her waist, our wonderful host Jennifer welcomed us with open arms and we were shown to our self-catering cabin, in the last of a line of wooden cottages, totally private and secluded. Having survived a long distance relationship for six months, my man and I were in our element!

We awoke the next morning, eager to see our lost paradise in daylight. It was beautiful…A long stretch of beach, calm blue seas, quaint fishing boats alongside the water’s edge and peace and quiet. No hussle and no bustle, no rude shoppers pushing you in front of a bus on Oxford Street!

Our first excursion took us by boat to Little Bay, where our Captain and guide showed us around the island. First stop was for a red stripe, the local beer, at one of the local restaurants. Next up was a trip to the most beautiful herb garden I have ever seen - nestled in a coral garden, growing as mother nature intended. There was a little black kitten playing amongst the buds, walking in step and just missing the large sandals of the cool hippie gardener who proudly showed us around. Respec! Then the highlight of the trip, a visit to Bob Marley’s house.

The now deserted building still has an energy surrounding it and the locals protect this historical landmark with pride. The circular architecture of the building lends itself perfectly to the sunrise and sunset rooms overlooking the bay, perfect for meditation and song. The interior of the house has been destroyed by an architect commissioned by Rita Marley – each panel has been numbered so that when shipped it can be put back together again. I doubt that the locals will ever let Mrs Marley move the house to England as she had hoped. Thing is, this house is already home.

Walking around Little Bay, I am reminded of how rich I am. Yes I have the digital camcorder and dollars in my pocket, but I am even richer for experiencing different culture and being open to a more simple life. The focus here is on community and the rastas believe in one love, that family helps family and that everyone is universally related. The locals grow their own vegetables, calaloo (spinach) and pick the ripe fruit of the Ackee (poisonous when not ripe!)

We were invited to cool off in one of the Bob Marley’s favourite spots – a natural cave pool, filled with crystal clear fresh spring water, guaranteed to take five years off my your age. Instantly I felt at peace in the water. My attempt at launching myself out of the water with the rope was not as graceful or as peaceful as I would have hoped. I bashed my head on the rock and was lost in a daze for quite a while!

Many a lazy day was spent in Jamaica, simply doing nothing. Now that is harder than it seems, but oh what a pleasure! We needed more time and decided to extend our trip for another 5 days!

We discovered Negril and all of its tourist traps, including Jimmy bufer’s MargharitaVille, boasting 52 flavours of Margaritas and enough TV’s to satisfy any American Footballer and give me a major headache.

Taxis are easy to organise, and in particular the bike taxi on a 50cc motor cost less than a dollar and is quite an experience. The trick is to see just how much shopping your driver can carry whilst driving!

Another highlight of the trip came in the formof a purple “Shadow” motorbike – big enough for two and small enough to avoid the paranoia of skidding out of control, avoiding a goat or soccer ball on the road! We cruised through Negril, stopping off at Rick’s Café where we dove off the high cliff and felt the pulse of adrenalin slap our bits and bobs! We finished the perfect day with a spin on the desserted beach and felt the wind in our hair and the freedom that comes with it.

We sipped cocktails at Pirates Cove and watched through the blow hole as waves treacherously smashed against the cave wall. Bandits used to hide their stash in the caves and pray that they would not get busted by the sea or the local police.

As a foodie, I had my favourites – freshly brewed Blue Mountain Coffee with condensed milk; jerk chicken; jerk pork; jerk sauce with everything!

Sap juice – a fruit resembling the taste of banana, mixed with cinnamon.

The local bakery’s special chocolate brownies with a buzz….. mmmmmmm.

Lobster thermador from Kuyaba restaurant.

Jackie’s on the reef was an idyllic spiritual haven, with loads of interesting books to look through, sparkling crystals and interesting artefacts made for an incredible visit. Hurricane Ivan has transformed the landscape recently, uprooting trees and leaving behind huge rocks from the ocean.

Negril’s seven mile beach is littered with tourists and traders, offering everything and anything you could possibly ask for. However we were never pushed into buying anything that we were not interested in.

A sea trampoline for the kids and adults, jet-skis, para-sailing, boating, hair braiding, jewelley shopping, wood crafts, recreational pharmaceuticals, the lot!

After 7 days in our rustic cabin with even rustier fans and a pee-ing toilet only, we were kindly upgraded to one of the more luxurious one bedroom apartments in Lost Beach Resort. Oh Aircon, you blessed invention! Not to mention Mr Crapper’s flushing machine!

There are no rules in Jamaica. Blessed is Jamaica and all of its people. “No problem” the mantra.

What more could you want from a holiday?

one love
[Namboy's gal!]

• Liked — our host Jeniffer!
  • Disliked — bugs
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled as a couple
5 Thank namboy
New York City
Reviewed February 25, 2007

Greetings and salutations to my travelling compadres!

LOST BEACH has taken my heart! And, I will continue to visit as long as they remain as rustic and simplistic as they currently are ... being from the Caribbean I have a very special appreciation for everything Lost Beach--yes, the resort took me back to my care-free primary school days in the islands and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world today. I was smitten!

Currently, I work and reside in the Northeast tri-state area and I was seeking a vacation during which I could simply recharge my batteries. I didn't want anything modern except the kitchen and bathroom, everything else, I can work with -- that is EXACTLY what I got at Lost Beach ... no television, no radio, no disturbance. I went to the town market, got my food and liquor for the week, and RELAXED!!! And, RELAXED some more!!! On market days I purchased fresh fish from the fisherman, handed them over to the kitchen staff and RELAXED until dinner was prepared.

A truly awesome time in a community I find charming and tucked away ... just what one needs to realign the soul.

Very truly yours,

Sherry L. Theus

Stayed January 2005
3 Thank LadyTopaz
canada
Reviewed February 6, 2007

My husband and i stayed at lost beach for the first time for new years eve 2005, and fell in love with it! So on our second trip to jamaica (for our honeymoon) we decide to stay there again! i contacted Jennifer myself by phone and booked our reservations! and belive it or not for us only staying there one night last year she remembered us and it was like talking to an old friend! we stayed there for one week this time i can not complain about anything! Infact it was truely hard to say goodbye this time because it was like saying goodbye to true friends! but i must say we will be back!! we miss u all..... (Jennifer, Ms Harvy, Musky, Donavon, Lisa, Angie, and Nanisha and the Locals that we met!) cant wait to see you all again!! take care! Stacey and Desi Broughton! (need a driver call Dwaine!)

• Liked — the friendlyness
  • Disliked — i liked everything!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank canadian_stacey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
#49 of 81 in Negril
Richie's on the Beach
Richie's on the Beach
#2 of 3 in Little Bay

Been to Lost Beach Resort? Share your experiences!