“Yum!”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have our favorite places for jerk chicken and pork but this place was referred for us to try. We bought a whole chicken and it was one of the best flavored chickens we ever had. We brought back to our hotel and both had for lunch and dinner. We like very spicy food so get some of the green sauce if you're the same! Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Trvlinjunkie

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The jerk chicken is spicy - ask for the mild (or extremely mild) if you want less of a kick. The fish was delicious as well.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This little spot was right across the street from where I stayed, so it was dinner for a couple nights. The first time I went, I only took $5 so I asked if I could have just the chicken without the peas & rice and they obliged. The 2ND time though, I brought enough money and got more than my money's worth. I had gone to a Caribbean restaurant in Northern California once and ordered their jerk chicken. I had never had it before but I knew that wasn't what it really tasted like (they put a brown gravy like sauce over it...yuck!!). Now I know what real jerk chicken tastes like.

2  Thank DanaRae2u
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stay across the street at coco, in a 7 night stay we ate here three times! the Dinners are good size, we would split a half chicken dinner, you can get bread or Rice, and it comes with some slaw! Rice was good, but the bread helps fight off that HEAT! Very Good

1  Thank J T
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Best in the West is a small no frills Jerk place that serves some of the best Jerk in Negril. Located just across the street from CocaLaPalm seaside resort on Norman Manley Blvd. The jerk chicken is excellent and perfectly done. The beer is cold and the drinks strong. This is the place for a quick dinner or late night snack. Excellent.

1  Thank Greg P