“Really Good with a roadside flair”

The Best in the West
Ranked #9 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I agree with the reviewer who stated it was more like bbq flavor, but disagree that it was not good! I found the flavor more on the sweet side then spicey and hot, but I am sure many people like it that way...The rice, gravey and bread that came witht 1/2 chicken was quite good and added to the experience. I did eat there twice in one week, but there are many other places just as good so I do not agree with the reviewers who state they eat there every day.

There are newer reviews for The Best in the West

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed at Coco LaPalm so we had the chance to eat Jerk chicken from this place. Very good and not expensive (6$ quarter, 11$ half). Would love to have one at home.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We just returned from a week in Negril and we ate here 4 times. Mostly the jerk chicken, which was awesome, but the lobster was really delicious. I also had the grilled shrimp and with the special sauce it was very tasty. When we first got there it was crowded and we felt a little out of place but the cook got our attention asked what we wanted and got it to the waitress for us, after that we always felt at home when we returned. Very cool place.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I'm guessing like a lot of things in Jamaica timing is everything. I had heard so much about BITW and it was walking distance from our hotel, so I had to try it the first night. It was fairly early and no one else was there. We had the jerk Chicken and it was dry and obviously had been on the grill too long. I ate Jerk several other places after that all of which were better. I had heard so many great reviews I knew that many people could not be wrong, so we went back on our last night. It was very crowded and the chicken was still cooking so we had to wait about a half hour, but the red stripes were cold so no problem. When the chicken came it was hands down the best of the trip and worth the wait( and I lived on jerk that week!). My advice is go when they are busier and there's some turnover going on the grill. I'll be going back in May and I WILL be eating there. I'll give the food tand restaurant top rating for the last night and let them slide on the first.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The chicken is out of this world. Best I've had in Negril. We always take our chicken to go and eat it at our hotel because we don't enjoy eating on the roadside. We also pick our chicken up just before Sunset otherwise the wait can be rather lengthy afterwards.